QF: Leinster vs Leicester Tigers

Predicted Winner

• Leinster

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Leicester Tigers

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
High tackle from Sexton on Manu Tuilagi on the replay - how long until one of the Tuilagis breaks him in half?

Hate to say it but Leinster are going to Cardiff and it's hard to see anyone else win this Heineken Cup.
Great try for Nacewa and probably the best outside back in Europe at the moment

Nigel Owens must really hate Leicester...

Tigers have been poor, but he's not making it easy for them

Also, Nacewa well out of his 22m then - ridiculous call

Last edited:
Lads English fans (especially Bullitt :D ) call O'Gara a choker at times but I now can name a list of Hodgson, Goode (prob just poor anyway) and Flood are all consistent chokers.
This talk of Flood being a Lions 10 should now be ended because he hasn't got the stuff.

Sexton is shaky at times with confidence but alot more reliable. Leicester are out of this now because the max they will get is 1 try and that isn't looking likely.

For that try, Nacewa threw the ball forward for the forward pass, poor call. Owens even asked James Jones was it forward and he said no.

McLaughlin should be in the bin for interfering in the lineout 4 times as well

Nigel Owens must really hate Leicester...

l

Must people do to be fair! Me included! But I also hate Leinster, possibly more. Flood and Youngs havent been good for a while now. Really stunting Leicester/England's play

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to love the groan after the crowd go mad thinking they've got a try only to be called back for a penalty :lol:

Hate to say it but Leinster are going to Cardiff and it's hard to see anyone else win this Heineken Cup.
Really?
I'm not convinced, I think any of Toulouse, USAP, Biarritz or Saints could beat them

Tigers were very very poor tonight, bar the last 7 minutes, Leinster weren't amazing

Fair play to Leinster on winning though, Nacewas try the defining moment (though not a try if what Cymro said is true) - look forward to seeing them go against Saints/Ulster

Last edited:
Must people do to be fair! Me included! But I also hate Leinster, possibly more. Flood and Youngs havent been good for a while now. Really stunting Leicester/England's play

A month's a while now? Funny how in all the games Youngs/Flood have misfired, if you look at the packs and ask second best, its the guys in front of them...

I think, barring a few cock-ups, Youngs and Flood went fairly well for a team getting poor ball. Not wonderful, but about as well as can be expected.

Really?
I'm not convinced, I think any of Toulouse, USAP, Biarritz or Saints could beat them

Tigers were very very poor tonight, bar the last 7 minutes, Leinster weren't amazing

First two... yup. Second two... less than convinced.

Positives for Leicester, in my eyes:
Agulla - best wing on the pitch by a long way, was quality
Mafi was good in the second half - was cropping up everywhere
Manu Tuilagi went well - though did rush out of the line once - luckily Fitzgerald knocked on (<--butter fingers)
Anthony Allen was quality - if anyone still thinks he can't tackle then they're sadly mistaken! Considering he's about 4ft3 he flattened Heaslip

Last edited:
Amazed by Nacewa's run for the try. He was fixed by four players, but they kept expecting the pass, and the guy who should have put in the hit tripped over himself in confusion.

We had a laugh when Stuart Barnes described the frontrow "popping up like toast".

Leicester's Argentine winger looks very good, pity they don't have the midfield to deliver the ball to him. Too much Tuilagi oomph, not enough Nacewa skill.

If you're going to watch it at any point, I'd advise turning it on at about 70ish minutes...

Will see the highlights(?) tomorrow/Monday morning.

Did Youngs behave himself?

Yup, but didn't have a great game - showed a couple of glimpses of good stuff, but box kicks weren't great at all and delivery was often slow (though accurate enough )

Imagine the England vs Ireland game, but Engand are in Green/White/Red and Ireland are in Blue - looked a bit like that

Worth watching the highlights for when Agulla basically threw Nacewa though - Nacewa came in with a high tackle and Agulla palmed him off so hard both his feet left the floor, it was brilliant

Latest posts