• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Queen Elizabeth II

It's embarrassing enough the North Korean level of propaganda you see with the Queens face plastered over everything but to be arresting, or moving on, peaceful protesters is just next level. Makes me ashamed.
If they're just silently holding a banner or turning their backs or something then fine.

But if they're disturbing the solemnity of the occasion for other people that's just twatish and I have precious little sympathy if the letter of the law is stretched. Whether you agree with the monarchy or not is irrelevant, people have come out to pay their respects to a deceased person and there's a family who are having to do their grieving in public. Not the time to be abusive or seek publicity, peacefully or otherwise.

The irony is that the kind of people who would spoil this for others would be the first to kick off if you dared disrespect their family.

If they're just silently holding a banner or turning their backs or something then fine.

But if they're disturbing the solemnity of the occasion for other people that's just twatish and I have precious little sympathy if the letter of the law is stretched. Whether you agree with the monarchy or not is irrelevant, people have come out to pay their respects to a deceased person and there's a family who are having to do their grieving in public. Not the time to be abusive or seek publicity, peacefully or otherwise.

The irony is that the kind of people who would spoil this for others would be the first to kick off if you dared disrespect their family.
Bit of a slippery slope if you're happy for police to stretch the law in any instance. I agree though, much better to just peacefully protest with a sign in these instances. If you start swearing and being all aggressive you don't do anyone any favours, you're just being a twat.

I checked this with the radio Times before posting......we've lost the plot.....

I mean I knew we would but christ alive.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1663102115845.jpg
    FB_IMG_1663102115845.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 18
GIF by Paddington Bear

Oh goodie Paddington 2's on on Monday tea time. Love that one. 🤣

But seriously we need a highlights programme of the events at Westminster Abbey???

You not gonna get any complaint from me about the Paddington movies themselves. Just after the Queen's admittedly delightful scene with her I dint get why she's suddenly tied up with the character.

From my writing it was.....

They really aren't helping with the redundancies and now bringing Andrew back into the fold.

Unless Princess Anne said she didn't want it, why didn't they backdate the rules so she moved above Andrew and then that surely would have moved him out of the top 4 over 21.

What a complete joke!. Which makes the whole Epstein scandal and his alleged involvement all the more relevant. Same as Having his children anywhere near having any influence. I'm all for having a slimmed down version of the monarchy. Direct descendants of King Charles only.

Unless Princess Anne said she didn't want it, why didn't they backdate the rules so she moved above Andrew and then that surely would have moved him out of the top 4 over 21.
I assume she didn't want it and they didn't want to ruffle Andrew's feathers. Obviously I don't know what happens behind closed doors but coupled with the fact Anne's children are by her choice not HRH's and Andrews various jobs. I get the impression Andrew quite likes the access and influence he wield as a royal Epstein was extension of that. Anne on the other hand gives more of a 'duty' persona and she'd give it up if she didn't feel obligated.

All which could be completely wrong.

What a complete joke!. Which makes the whole Epstein scandal and his alleged involvement all the more relevant. Same as Having his children anywhere near having any influence. I'm all for having a slimmed down version of the monarchy. Direct descendants of King Charles only.
I'd remove them completely and use the crown jewels as a symbolic head of state for opening of parliament and have the opening read by the PM. Similar to a state of the union address in the USA.

Nobody actually need to see a King/Queen to be appointed PM. Its all ritual with zero actual power so who's these people are doesn't actually matter.

None of this will actually happen and we need baby steps like removing hangers on beyond 5 steps and decedents of the 5th (so we'd go to Harry and his kids).