• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Questions for HB Studios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q1 Will their be a be pro mode?
Q2 Will their be a demo/beta released?

The previous three rugby ***les seemed to just be polished versions of the Fifa 2005 game engine. I would like to know if this new rugby game is going to be a polished version of Rugby 08, or is it going to be somewhat of a rebuild?

Did EA ever consider supporting Rugby 2012?

I worked at EA for a bit and they were planning on continuing the franchise... im not totally sure but I think we may have multiple companies making rugby again, this in the long run, is actually a good thing!

In 2012 the tri nations will become the four nations with the addition of Argentina what are you going to do about this ?

Last edited:
What inspirations are you taking and paying attention to when designing and thinking about the game? I ask because the Codies team behind the new F1 game have been playing as many sim racers as they can, as well as old F1 games. There may not be too much inspiration you can take, but games such as Rugby Challenge 2006, and Backbreaker/ Madden have their own quirks and could possibly provide good solutions to problems.

Are you guys thinking about a real-time physics engine for tackles and the overall physical play of rugby?

whens the release date?

That's already been announced to be summer 2011, no specifics yet. And a release date is often the last thing announced so to be honest I'd say we're a good way away from that yet.

how far through production are you and is there any sign of a trailer on the way

Would you consider scrapping world league mode and having a Director of Rugby mode (like fifa manager mode)

Question 1: Can you tell us what competitions are going to be included soon ?
Question 2: What game engine are you using ?

Q1 Will there be a create player/ edit team option? My concern is that this wont be a yearly release unlike the Fifa series of our over paid nancy boy cousins. I'm sure that the player depth for rugby 2012 will hopefully be fantastic, however in 1-2 years the teams will be out of date, and any new young players will not be included. A player creatre/ team edit option would enable us to update the squads

Q2 Will there be a manager mode? This would enable a longer lifespan of the game for the player

Is there work being done on a be a pro mode

Will The proper licenses for clubs be included

Is there any intention to create a "Be A Pro" mode like the Fifa ***le?

Q1: How will HB decide on which commentators to use?
Q2: Are there any plans to scrap features entirely from Rugby 08 to improve the next game e.g. replacing World League with a Director of Rugby / Manager mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts