• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RUGBY 08 PATCH 2018/19

Your Game is saved as follows: This PC > Downloads > Rugby 08

All patches should be extractes there, not in folders.

The roster file should be saved under Documents > EA Sports 08 (will be created once you run the game)

Your main rugby folder (where the game is saved) should have thousands of files once done extracting.

Hey Geostar! long time no chat, just bought a new laptop (windows 10) and for some stupid reason can't manage to get any patches working. I've extracted to my root directory /programfilesx86/ea sports/rugby08 etc etc, but when i start the game.... nothing!

i've always used the vitality crack download to play so im thinking that windows 10 might do some **** to **** it up (i already noticed that it automatically mounts a virtual disc) where I used to have to copy the rugby08.exe and paste onto the cracked vitality app to start.

Anyone had any troubles with windows 10? or can give me some help on getting the patches to run? (side note; i never have any files in root directory until i extract from data.gob or the patches).

Your Game is saved as follows: This PC > Downloads > Rugby 08

All patches should be extractes there, not in folders.

The roster file should be saved under Documents > EA Sports 08 (will be created once you run the game)

Your main rugby folder (where the game is saved) should have thousands of files once done extracting.

Hey Geostar! long time no chat, just bought a new laptop (windows 10) and for some stupid reason can't manage to get any patches working. I've extracted to my root directory /programfilesx86/ea sports/rugby08 etc etc, but when i start the game.... nothing!

i've always used the vitality crack download to play so im thinking that windows 10 might do some **** to **** it up (i already noticed that it automatically mounts a virtual disc) where I used to have to copy the rugby08.exe and paste onto the cracked vitality app to start.

Anyone had any troubles with windows 10? or can give me some help on getting the patches to run? (side note; i never have any files in root directory until i extract from data.gob or the patches).

Upload a screenshot of your Rugby 08 folder

Thanks bro! so for me to play I have to copy the rugby08.exe and paste onto the cracked one. It sounds confusing but I've always played this way (since rugby 10 patch came out).

I always followed the rules of extract the files to this location and it would work in game (even on cracked version) but I cant seem to figure it out on this new laptop. I always had windows 7 and it was no issue.

Any help would be awesome bro, just want to play again!

Screenshot (3).png

Upload a screenshot of your Rugby 08 folder

So quick update... just tried the patch the exact same way on my parents computer (windows 8?) and it worked. I've tried four different patches on my windows 10 and nothing has happened. I'm not installing it incorrectly as i've been doing this for a long time...the game plays fine it just doesn't seem to read any files put into my root directory?

I just cant figure out why its playing up. grrrrrrr.

This is how my game folder looks, there are thousands of files.

Attachments

• Rugby08.png
    Rugby08.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 38
This is how my game folder looks, there are thousands of files.

Yeah I know bro, I've deleted the game several times so i can start clean, mine also looks the exact same but it just doesn't process in the game (game is still 08).

Im not sure then, Im also on Win 10 now. But I've always had the cracked version. The only thing that stopped working for me when switching to Win 10 was the face preview part on the roster not working anymore.

I would suggest a trial and error approach. Try edditing the tri-nations file (27f224714b2839695c21a148b77fa99b) change the index numbers of the three teams to
Once you load up tri-nations (try both years/random) the teams to play with should be Saracens, Toulouse and the Hurrincaes.

If that does not change anything ingame, you might have to import all those files into your datagob file, as originaly, all files are being read from there. Just make a backup first.

I hope this helps.

I have tried other rugby games but keep coming back to this. Dont know how all the newer releases got so much wrong. The WL is a gem, I try to balance out the roster (lowest rating 30, highest 99) and replace half the team I would start of with players with a rating of 30 - 40. I also use the select one defender per phase "trick" and try to slow the ball from time to time. This makes it extra hard.

Legend!

Thanks for the help man, i've counted on you a lot in the past haha, havent played in a year or so but same as you I just keep coming back lol. yeah I only play WL and love to get the rosters updated (i played with your 2017 roster the other night and that was awesome).

I'll try to do what you suggested but I dont think it will work because ive already extracted data.gob in there before and tried to change world leauge starting teams and nothing happened. Ill see if i can get those files into the gobs home location.

just ****** me off like, I've done this 1 million times before, using the cracked version, and set up the exact same way and it just doesnt process anything.... FFS

ill keep playing around though and see if i can make it work!

Cheers bro.

Hey guys, well done on yet another great patch!
I'm still experiencing the same "bug" where the standings are inverted in the sense that the worst teams in a competition is on top and the best teams are at the bottom.
Any help with this?

Im not sure then, Im also on Win 10 now. But I've always had the cracked version. The only thing that stopped working for me when switching to Win 10 was the face preview part on the roster not working anymore.

I would suggest a trial and error approach. Try edditing the tri-nations file (27f224714b2839695c21a148b77fa99b) change the index numbers of the three teams to
Once you load up tri-nations (try both years/random) the teams to play with should be Saracens, Toulouse and the Hurrincaes.

If that does not change anything ingame, you might have to import all those files into your datagob file, as originaly, all files are being read from there. Just make a backup first.

I hope this helps.

I have tried other rugby games but keep coming back to this. Dont know how all the newer releases got so much wrong. The WL is a gem, I try to balance out the roster (lowest rating 30, highest 99) and replace half the team I would start of with players with a rating of 30 - 40. I also use the select one defender per phase "trick" and try to slow the ball from time to time. This makes it extra hard.

Hey bro quick update! I cant seem to import all the files of the patch into the data.gob file? ill attach a screen shot of the error code below. Any advice as to why I cant open the whole patch at once?

You said you played with a cracked version, how do you usually go about starting the game? for me I've always had to copy the rugby08.exe from the root directory and then paste it onto the cracked exe. I never used to virtually mount a device but it seems like it automatically does that now on windows 10? maybe i'm approaching the set up wrong?

Thx legend!

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    143.4 KB · Views: 19
kiwi chief, I play on a win10 laptop and never had any issues. You might need to open the exe file as administrator to get the game to run.
Anyways, I placed the file you need inside the main folder of the link I uploaded. Its the one I use.

kiwi chief, I play on a win10 laptop and never had any issues. You might need to open the exe file as administrator to get the game to run.
Anyways, I placed the file you need inside the main folder of the link I uploaded. Its the one I use.

WOW lol... I had to go into the file preferences and click the run as administrator and it worked straight away.

Thanks ama1 you're a legend! cant believe it was such a simple fix after all the stuff i tried haha

Hey guys, well done on yet another great patch!
I'm still experiencing the same "bug" where the standings are inverted in the sense that the worst teams in a competition is on top and the best teams are at the bottom.
Any help with this?

You need the team editor.

It depends what tournament you are playing also. Lets take Crusaders for example:
  • In Super 14, the performance should be 1 and they will always be in the Top 3.
  • For World League, it works the other way around, and so you set their performance to 5 to a Top team.

upload_2020-5-9_20-16-45.png

I changed the performance stats around to remedy the inverted standings bug.
Had all the good teams rated a 5, when they should have been at 1.
Player ages should be correct now.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Great work with the patch. Im having an issue with recruitment in world league. I am unable to sign any backline star players even though i am able to sign forwards.

I updated the rosters to 2020 and fixed the crash which occurs at the end of each game.

Still a work in progress at this stage.

Download here.

Unzip the Main folder into the directory where Rugby08.exe is located.
The Documents folder contains the roster and profile.
good job ama1, works perfectly but when i open the recruitment window in WL the game crashes, any solution?

Hey guys, just writing here to let you know that there is another person out there who appreciates your work lol. I just revisited rugby 08 on the weekend after playing with my brother-in-law. We were actually playing RC4 and we found ourselves talking about how trash it was. I remembered that I had 08 on my laptop and the rest is history.

Look forward to trying out the latest patch. Thank you very much to all of you who are working hard to keep this game alive. There is still hope for us!!!

Hey guys,

I saved the latest version of the mod here.

You will need to install on top of a clean version of Rugby 08 (i.e; remove all mods) and use the attached profile to prevent the game from crashing.
It isn't entirely perfect - but near enough.

Latest posts