• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: England - Georgia (18-09-2011, 18:00)

Who would you like to see starting?

• Total voters
Interesting.

I really rate him, so it'll be good to see, and I suppose with Fourie out that's the only 7 in the England WC set up gone - Seems a bit excessive to have him fly out if they're not going to use him, perhaps, if Easter regains fitness, they'll keep him on as Sheridan's replacement

He's a much much much better 8 than Easter anyway

Croft, Haskell, Waldrom with Wood on the bench would be a cracking set of loose forwards

Back injuries are dodgy - it might not be serious, but could just take a while to heal
When you look at Cueto: He did his against Ireland, which was 3ish weeks ago, apparently he'll be fit for this weekend, so that's playing again on the 4th weekend
If Easters is similar, and he'll play again on the fourth week, that puts him playing again on the weekend of the Semi-Finals

I'm not convinced he ( Youngs ) has that great an attitude, He tends to go very quiet during games where things are not going his way ( In my opinion ) also when you say he is very chatty, I'm not sure that he is chatty in a positive way and he tends to get on the wrong side of Refs which is fatal.

I agree with daylightfire - also, pretty much every scrumhalf is gobby, it's part of the job description :p

agreed on youngs. think joe simpson needs some more gametime against Romania, he looked sharp as usual but a wee bit nervous with his passing when he came on.

agreed on youngs. think joe simpson needs some more gametime against Romania, he looked sharp as usual but a wee bit nervous with his passing when he came on.
To be honest, all of our scrum-halves need more gametime. Youngs has just come back from injury, Simpson has only played 10 minutes for England so far, and Wigglesworth has been kept out of England by Youngs, Care and Ellis for the past 3 or so years.

Wigglesworth should never had the call up in the first place, he's only a dirt tracker at club level.

For me its absolutely clear that flood is the best fly half for our attackign prospects. remains to be seen whether wilkinson is still the man for big pressure games

Flood looked great in the Autumn Internationals, especially in the game against Aussie. Definitely think he has a big future in the England jersey.
However in a close final I'd want Wilkinson there, experience is a huge factor and cool heads will be needed.

Latest posts