• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC: England - Georgia (18-09-2011, 18:00)

Who would you like to see starting?

• Total voters
Gentlemen, we are missing the real point of this game...

Shaw is not going to stop, ever, until he is shot.

(lets hope he never stops)

I'm just watching Living with Lions (1997 SA) again, Shaw is a very young looking guy then, amazing he's still going.

I also note that the Lions team are out in pubs between games and there seems a large amount of beer consumed at times. Johnson is right, if they take beer out of rugby, it'll ruin the sport.

I thought it was Tindall who's on a personal mission to double the New Zealand population...

Haskell seems to think its a case of individuals not trying or performing enough themselves. I don't really buy that though, its the discipline of an entire team. A few people played below their usual level today, but equally there were some real standout performers.

The positives for me were: Croft and Corbisiero off the bench.
Thought Hape was excellent. If he played like that every game people wouldn't complain about him (so much). But the obvious retort to that is that it was only against georgia...
Armitage was fantastic.
Haskell's clear potential at 8.
Youngs and Flood.

England deserve to be criticised but to be fair we looked dangerous in attack, and scored virtually every time we had the ball in good territory. For me its absolutely clear that flood is the best fly half for our attackign prospects. remains to be seen whether wilkinson is still the man for big pressure games

Is Haskel putting his hand up I wonder? For captain? I mean, he's a reasonable age, he's been playing with passion, Daygo just last week tipped him to become a worlds best... I'm not neccessarily saying he's the man for the job (right now) but his outburst was straight to the point and direct. Moody isn't a long term option and if we look 4 years to the future, where will he be as a player?

Whatever the outcome, I'm glad we've players taking this seriously. He seems to want "it" more than most.

For me its absolutely clear that flood is the best fly half for our attackign prospects.
Which is not neccessarliy the the "way" to win a WC. The longer we go on, the more the cautious nature of a team will come to bare. Old heads will win this WC (as always), which is why I'm disappointed that I don't have SA in my sweep stake.... I've Eng - so at least there's no conflict in my support ;-)

Which is not neccessarliy the the "way" to win a WC. The longer we go on, the more the cautious nature of a team will come to bare. Old heads will win this WC (as always), which is why I'm disappointed that I don't have SA in my sweep stake.... I've Eng - so at least there's no conflict in my support ;-)

not necessairly the way to win a Wc, but I still believe you have to try and play rugby by picking your best side. You can't go in with the defensive 'knockout' mentality, you have to adjust to the reality of the game.

Is Haskel putting his hand up I wonder? For captain? I mean, he's a reasonable age, he's been playing with passion, Daygo just last week tipped him to become a worlds best... I'm not neccessarily saying he's the man for the job (right now) but his outburst was straight to the point and direct. Moody isn't a long term option and if we look 4 years to the future, where will he be as a player?

Whatever the outcome, I'm glad we've players taking this seriously. He seems to want "it" more than most.

Maybe down the line but don't forget that, after the WC, he won't be in an England shirt until 2012 EOYT at the earliest (because of him playing in Japan/Super XV)

Haskell would love to be captain, I think he will be in the future. Its a shame he's going to be out of the reckoning for a year.

Every missed penalty has England kicking from within their 22, giving possession back to Georgia in England's half. If Georgia had gotten their first penalty, it would have been an England kick from the halfway line, meaning Georgia would have to start from much deeper to try and get their next penalty decision, so I'm not convinced that they'd have gotten the same amount of penalties if they'd have been more successful with the boot.
I cant agree... Georgia didn't find it very hard to reach England 22 no matter where they started from... Given the fact that so many of our players got injured(at the end an injured player had to come back for our number 11 who had a concussion) also Kubriashvili left with a head injury.(5 ijuries total Kubriashvili, Datunashvili, Machkhaneli, Todua, Sutiashvili, 4 in the first half) and still in the mid 2nd half it was 22-10 I Call it a great performance by Georgians rather than a bad one by the Brits.

> Kaplan could have given out 3 yellow cards to the England but he spared them. he also didn't make some calls but Im not going to start blaming the ref now...

> I always knew Georgia had no chance after 4 days of rest, but if we had a bit more luck this game would have been the one we would remember for decades!

My mian problem with Ashton's lame celebration is that it looks ridiculous. I'm all for good celebrations (see Digby Ioane or Lelia Masaga or the soccer guys like Nani who do backflips) but his stupid big swandive thing looks stupid and makes him seem like an absolute tool (he could be a great bloke for all I know).. if I was his mate I'd tell him to knock it off cause it makes him look like an idiot.

I can't see Hask as a captain.

My tip for future England captain would be Ben Youngs.

ITV Player is useless ****ing ****.

Maybe down the line but don't forget that, after the WC, he won't be in an England shirt until 2012 EOYT at the earliest (because of him playing in Japan/Super XV)
I think Johnson said that playing abroad would not help chances of selection. The thinking at the time was Wilko, but should be extended to Haskel, he's playing very well and is an example to others in the team as to how much effort they should put into a game.

My mian problem with Ashton's lame celebration is that it looks ridiculous. I'm all for good celebrations (see Digby Ioane or Lelia Masaga or the soccer guys like Nani who do backflips) but his stupid big swandive thing looks stupid and makes him seem like an absolute tool (he could be a great bloke for all I know).. if I was his mate I'd tell him to knock it off cause it makes him look like an idiot.
I don't really care if he keeps on going over the line.

Plus I don't think this is the biggest problem with it. I think it makes him a target for ****** off oppostition and one day (potentailly last Sat) he's get injured when someone teaches him a lesson.

The RFU said they won't select players playing outside of England unless it's "exceptional circumstances" (I presume injury crisis or something)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/9250944.stm

S
ky Sports said that Sheridans replacement will be named today, and they think will be one of:

Paul Doran-Jones (meh)
Tim Payne (f*** off)
Chris Robshaw (yay - but not neccesarily needed, as he's a 6 who can also play 7, and we already have Haskell in that position, and Croft at 6, with wood a 7 who can play 6, and Moody a 6 who thinks he's a 7 - we need to call up a specific openside over another blindside)
Joe Worseley (f*** off)
Riki Flutey (yay)

Edit:
Sale have just announced that Fourie has to have surgery on a shoulder injury picked up playing vs Ireland, and will be out until the new year
I swear, whenever Sale have anyone playing for England they come out the other end injured

Last edited:

Latest posts