• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - England vs Ireland

I voiced concerns over manu's defence but that wasnt me turning on him. If he is fit then he makes the first team. His defence wasnt noticeably bad in the 6N and had a strong partnership with slade. Could be the same with JJ. My issue was more with this partnership (that im excited to see and have been looking forward too) but faz and manu together could be exploited in defence becUse of their defencive styles that im not sure compliment each other.

It's like he's reading my mind. You and me baby, we get it xx

I voiced concerns over manu's defence but that wasnt me turning on him. If he is fit then he makes the first team. His defence wasnt noticeably bad in the 6N and had a strong partnership with slade. Could be the same with JJ. My issue was more with this partnership (that im excited to see and have been looking forward too) but faz and manu together could be exploited in defence becUse of their defencive styles that im not sure compliment each other.
Manu's defence has always been a bit flaky. Not in contact, but in positioning and awareness.

His role is interesting. He can be a game breaker, but given his propensity to break I'd be inclined to limit his game time by having him on the bench to come on as needed, a proper impact sub. We've got other v good options at 13 and my instinct is that we'll see Faz starting games back at 12. Building a team / game plan around him just wouldn't be smart. Jones will clearly see it otherwise.

In many ways I have similar views on Binny too.

Think this as close to an England first team as they can pick. Not sure if I prefer a 10, heavy runner at 12 and a more skillful player like Slade at 13 with the 12 taking the contact in midfield then looping round but they have gone with 10, 10 and a bit and Manu at 13 which might work if the ball does eventually get to the wing. Back row looks very nice, really hope Underhill stays fit and doesn't end up another Tom Rees

Always enjoy v Ireland nowt crap like v Wales.
Best team wins hopefully no bad ref calls or Injury to both sides.
Unfortunately see 15 12 to one or other and a kick fest.

"To get Billy ( V) fit we have to play him," Jones said. "He doesn't like training. If there were ten bacon rolls, he'd eat ten, so we've got to get him to play."

Made me laugh when I read it. Makes him sound like a dog with a eating problem. Poor Billy, you're just going to have to play yourself into condition.

"To get Billy ( V) fit we have to play him," Jones said. "He doesn't like training. If there were ten bacon rolls, he'd eat ten, so we've got to get him to play."

Made me laugh when I read it. Makes him sound like a dog with a eating problem. Poor Billy, you're just going to have to play yourself into condition.

I expect Billy will be rested for Italy, which gives him a month until the World Cup start.

Hopefully no injuries today. A nice win in the sun will do.

I really don't see where thenidea that 3 games in 3 weeks is bein overplayed, especially for someone like Billy who really does take 4-5 games to get himself up to speed.

It's not like he's never gone 3 from 3, or even 4 from 5 before

I really don't see where thenidea that 3 games in 3 weeks is bein overplayed, especially for someone like Billy who really does take 4-5 games to get himself up to speed.

It's not like he's never gone 3 from 3, or even 4 from 5 before

It's just the increased risk of injury in another meaningless game.

His record tells us he's fragile. Fingers crossed that he doesn't, but if he were to go down today, Jones will get pelters.

If anything did happen who'd come in?

Latest posts