• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 2 - Italy vs. Canada (26/09/2019)

Yeah I just gave up when 3 happened straight after 2.

I'm actually finding this quite depressing as although I know it's Canada, my subconscious thinks it's a really poor Wales getting put to the sword by Italy and I'm getting flashbacks to 2007.

Lol the psychological scars. Canada have had their chances, but not taken them.

Very lucky there. I think Barnes was wrong to talk him out of it there because he knows what he's doing and it's very cynical.

Italy should be chuffed if they nil a side. Sounds like a much more disciplined performance than the one against Namibia so far.

What on earth is the commentator on about? Italy already have the bonus point.

Lol I actually got it wrong. Thought Italy had missed 2 conversions. Ah well they got the BP. If Canada had taken some of their chances we might still have a game, but now there's nothing left to play for.

I have a feeling that Namibia is going to beat Canada. They look woeful.

Well, Italy have done about as much as they can to this point but any positives are difficult to balance given the opposition.

Saying that I'd imagine Polledri would be a handful for any side.

They have a chance, but would still be s big upset. They still aren't consistent enough over 80 minutes. Canada should have scored a lot more and Italy didn't do much after their first 2 tries until the second half.

Italy have a chance against SA for sure, an outside one but a chance nonetheless.

The score was not a true reflection of how the game went. Canada fluffed loads of chances. Especially in the 1st half. Italy never do owt in the 6 nations. Probably because they are playing the best teams in the World. Here in the WC they can show they have ability. Their kit is one of the best btw. Looks darker than normal.

Pack did good, especially back row but I suspect Namibia will beat Canada pretty comfortably.

Backs were a predictable mess. Poor Benvenuti subbed at the half after possibly not touching the ball (or once?). Allan / Hayward tandem achieved little as a pairing and until the latter stages any line breaks were individual athleticism rather than coherent, structured attacks. And finally, did the commentators say Italy had a 24min period in the first half where they didn't get into Canada's 22?

I felt it was a significant backwards step compared to the Namibia game in the areas that matter (Canada could easily have had three tries). I think there might just be a slight difference in quality between the Canadian and Bok packs, so I dont think South Africans should be having any sleepless nights.

So I was rooting for Canada but didn't care all that much. Was actually quite cool to see how good Italy are, at times; while they might not be in the same league as the top nations you can see that compared to lesser teams they actually are quite good.

Some great tries by both teams.
Yeah I just gave up when 3 happened straight after 2.

I'm actually finding this quite depressing as although I know it's Canada, my subconscious thinks it's a really poor Wales getting put to the sword by Italy and I'm getting flashbacks to 2007.
I know what you mean. No I don't, but I did occasionally forget it wasn't Wales.

Pack did good, especially back row but I suspect Namibia will beat Canada pretty comfortably.

Backs were a predictable mess. Poor Benvenuti subbed at the half after possibly not touching the ball (or once?). Allan / Hayward tandem achieved little as a pairing and until the latter stages any line breaks were individual athleticism rather than coherent, structured attacks. And finally, did the commentators say Italy had a 24min period in the first half where they didn't get into Canada's 22?

I felt it was a significant backwards step compared to the Namibia game in the areas that matter (Canada could easily have had three tries). I think there might just be a slight difference in quality between the Canadian and Bok packs, so I dont think South Africans should be having any sleepless nights.

I suppose playing Namibia and Canada first are making the Italian's look better than they are. I would guess that Namibia and Canada are possibly the 2 weakest teams in the World Cup.

Latest posts