• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 2 - Fiji vs. Uruguay (25/09/2019)

...and this is why you set the Sky box to record every match in the World Cup, not just the big ones!

Which of course I forgot to do.

Can you download full matches from ITV or Sky after the event does anyone know?
I used the Catch Up Tv section on Sky for the ITV hub to watch a full download of the Samoa Russia game yesterday. Do you have that with your Sky box too?

Classic example of a team underestimating the opposition are Fiji really in the position to make 12 changes and still win comfortably even against Uruguay .

That being an upset usually crops up somewhere in this competition. Well done to the sheer determination of Uruguay .

Very good game. I enjoy the giant killing that sometimes happens in pool matches.

Does this make the case for Uruguay possibly joining the Rugby Championship?

Very good game. I enjoy the giant killing that sometimes happens in pool matches.

Sorry but no. Not to take away from Uruguay's achievement which is still amazing and they and their country should be incredibly proud, but they've beaten a Tier 2 nation's B Team, who aren't even in the RC themselves.

NO

Uruguay has made Progress Beating the Argentina XV
Beating Canada home & away & USA away

With a 8 team South American Club competition starting in 2020
They'll have more games against comparable opposition & develop

Uruguay needs more games as well

Vamos Los Teros

Last edited:
NO

Uruguay has made Progress Beating the Argentina XV
Beating Canada home & away

With a 8 team South American Club competition starting in 2020
They'll have more games against comparable opposition & develop

Uruguay needs more games as well
maybe they are a bit away from the RC I would like to see them there in a few years. Argentina is making a great effort to develop the South American countries. and Uruguay have always been the second strongest with an old union established in 1951.
the ARC is helping a lot hope this great win will lead to better competicion fot them

Classic example of a team underestimating the opposition are Fiji really in the position to make 12 changes and still win comfortably even against Uruguay .

Today's result suggests not, but they really should be. Had they kept things tighter and earned the right to go wide rather than trying to play sevens against 15 men I think they would have got home reasonably comfortably. It wasn't as much the volume of changes as their nature that made life tough for Fiji. It's impossible to know whether the coaching staff failed to do their job or whether the players failed to follow instructions, but when your 8, 9, 10 axis are a second row, an RFU Championship player and a hard hitting 12, game management is likely to be tricky.

Really enjoyed that game. Fiji got what they deserved. A couple of their players that never normally put a foot wrong were very dodgy. The kicks cost them.

maybe they are a bit away from the RC I would like to see them there in a few years. Argentina is making a great effort to develop the South American countries. and Uruguay have always been the second strongest with an old union established in 1951.
the ARC is helping a lot hope this great win will lead to better competicion fot them

Amen

When Uruguay beat Argentina XV in the 4 nations tournament
earlier this year I took notice It was a comprehensive win & a sign of their growing improvement

Argentina has been a strong supporter of Uruguay & South American
Rugby Long may it continue

That's why I want the 2027 Rugby World Cup to be in Argentina
Open up the South American American Market Also aligns well with
US market with EST being only 1 hour behind
Moreover Argentinian has the infrastructure in terms of its stadiums

I hope our Argentinians posters can confirm if the country has the mass transportation infrastructure: Airport Capacity - both International & Domestic Routes, Public Transport Facilities, Motorway capacity etc

Economy should be in better place by that time as well- National Elections due soon

Maybe a South American tri-nations tournament could develop aside from the RC between Argentina, Uruguay and Chile. Flights and distances between these countries is minimal 1- 2 hours, and it could easily be fitted around the RC calendar.

I don't see anyone else in South America with any real strength in Rugby, the continent is dominated by football and baseball is popular in the north around Venezuela.

That is a bit like putting France in a yearly tri nations with Spain and Portugal.

Did you mean the Argentina XV? IF so what's wrong with the ARC as it stands?

Pretty mental. I watched Fiji school Uruguay 68-7 just last November. It has been great watching Uruguay recently, they have talent in the half backs and a handy winger, but the rest is all about heart and execution.

I've said it before that they have been the best drilled / prepared Tier2/3 side of the last couple of years. They get the maximum out of what resources they have like no other union.

Being a small and not particularly wealthy country we have to be realistic about what they can achieve long term (although plans for a South American pro-league are I believe still ongoing), so let's just applaud them for an outstanding result on the biggest stage and hope if puts a few more much needed bums on seats at their home matches in the future.

He plays in the MLR for Houston but he is easily good enough for Europe

I would imagine him supplexing a defenceless player might have given any European scouts pause for thought. But I agree, miles better than some of the backup scrum halves in the big European leagues.

Latest posts