• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] South Africa vs Ireland (23/09/2023)

Ireland and South Africa can only meet again as far as the semi final, since they're on the same side of the draw

Is there really much point going back, NZ rugby is not in a hugely strong position France is, France recently beat NZ pretty well as did SA, France are at home and will not be outnumbered by supporters, without disrespecting NZ I would much rather play them in a QF than France.
Add in as was seen tonight Ireland will be like the Aviva. 30000 were there from Ireland (that isn't including Irish in UK, Europe, where ever) Ireland are travelling big end of

These Irish fans are going to have in epic meltdown in a few weeks. The hubris is off the charts.

Ahh, Mack Hansen is an extra from Red Dead Redemption 2. The scrum cap makes sense now.

Also he just burned Sexton so I'm pretty sure he'll be Scottish next week

Massive intensity.

As others have said, the Boks will have learned a couple of hard lessons from that.

Well done Ire. Hope that wasn't your final.

Ireland won as saffers had no kicker.
So fair play deserved win,
If SA had a kicker would have been a deserved win for them.
For both teams double edged sword with likely QF opponents due to world rugby's sill seeding rules.

The greatest compliment I can give these 2 teams is...

Thank God wales are on the other side of the draw!!!!
Funny thing is is that Gatland would've been watching that game probably thinking we can get in the mix in that type of arm wrestle in a semi but reality is we would've been 30 points down at HT if we were playing tonight (against either team) semi finals are funny matches, though, that's the straw I'm clutching.

Having said that we probably lose tomorrow and it's all moot.

Yup, Best to say nothing at all, not matter how confident you are.
I learnt that the hard way
Not really as the team have said their aim is to win tournament. If we lost to NZ there is no shame but we expect to win given form, goals and mentality. We are well aware we are in hardest part of group but equally know we are part of the reason it is hard.