• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sam Burgess U Turn

Can we introduce instant bans for anyone who brings up Armitage on an England thread? It's been done to death. If people want to talk about it that much, create a separate thread.

The French player rule dos help the Aussies but look who they were bringing in, 2 world class (broadly speaking players ) with a proven track record.

Who would we really be looking at,

Nick Abendernon an average at best 2 cap wonder.

Or Steffen Armitage who doesn't care about playing for England.

Toby flood would have been good to have but then we all know daddy would have dropped him in favour of the chosen one Owen Farrell.

If we drop the rule I'd do what the Aussies did and make it a 60 cap rule or something similar.

Yeh to be fair the Aussies were very specific because the only player they really wanted was Matt Giteau . I'm not fussed but I suppose we could say we will pick you if you play in France ONLY if you are a really good openside because we turn the ball over like an under 10s team lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34758262

Have to say if most of that is true not very impressed with Burgess, to return, train and get picked then say you are hanging up your boots is pretty disrespectful to Bath who have just about done everything humanly possible to help him in union.

Not sure about Ford's assertion about playing back row and center although he is right about England playing 6s as centers.

On a lighter note.
[video]https://youtu.be/fDjVedEtQcw[/video]

*shrugs shoulders* it's a piece of comedy nobody bats an eyelid to Goodbyeee being shown again. Sorry that is political correctness. If I posted pro Hitler propoganda yeah it would out of turn but a funny joke about rugby? Yeah that's completely uncalled for.

Tallshort, don't lie, I've read the politics thread enough to know you've got plenty of problems with ncurd... ^_^

Those parodies are overdone now but it did have some good lines.

We're allowed to agree now and then...

- - - Updated - - -

The parody is overdone it's really a question of whether if the lines make you laugh or not.

Think that might be the first one of those I've actually had a vague chuckle at :p

Can't remember if I read it on here or on social media but apparently Sam wasn't happy about being put back at 6 for Bath - wanted to stick at 12 so he'd see more of the ball.
Considering he'd just spent however many months doing an intensive crash course in how to play 12 for England, it would be a bit weird to go straight back into the pack.

Then again, I didn't see a source with that so it's probably all horse ****e!

Perhaps going from being a big fish in a very little pond to a small fish in a bigger pond was more than he could handle despite how much he was indulged by everyone.

Sunday Times saying Bath captain told Burgess his turning up to training to say goodbye was not a good idea in view of his decision to let them down and wimp off!!!!

Sunday Times saying Bath captain told Burgess his turning up to training to say goodbye was not a good idea in view of his decision to let them down and wimp off!!!!

as Im not subscribed to the times can you give me a flavour of whats been said?

Latest posts