• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens vs Northampton Saints

nin-baby-there-is-no-you-demotivational-poster.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 27 2008, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 27 2008, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No fans. lol.

:)

"At Franklins Gardens We" like to sit, or even better stand, on a propper RUGBY stadium, filled to the rafters with rugby fans, singing an actual song, drinking expensive naff beer in plastic cups and watching a brand of rugby which is more interesting then sticking up-yer-jumper.

"At Vicaracge Road You" like to sit, and only sit, in a decrepit football stadium, with only 4000-6000 part-time fans in attendance maximum, banging infernal drums and listening to PA Musak, drinking Wembley-expensive naff beer in plastic cups, watching up-yer-jumper rugby while hoping your over-rated-mop-head <strike>Inspector Cluseau</strike> Cato does anything other then end up in the bin. And then you have to allow gingergenius in, he's very amusing. Knows f*** all about rugby though.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Prestwick.[/b]

We have struck a nerve :p

First of all, we never asked to sit at Vicarage Road. If you want to complain about that, put your complaints to Enfield Council for shafting Saracens over Bramley Road. If that had gone ahead, you could well have been able to stand and if things had gone correctly would have been a pretty decent 12,000 mixed standing and seating stadium! Although I am worried about the track, Stratford sounds like flying BA's First Class to Watford's Ryanair service and I'm sure we'll be looking forward to hearing you all harrumph at how everything looks "too new" or "too bright" or how the grass looks "too green" or how its "too easy to get to" when you Northampton guys ride up in your Northampton rides

Secondly, to be honest, trotting out the tired old "stick it up your jumper" tosh gets more and more humourous when its actually Saints who have "treated" the Saracens home crowd twice in a row to some superbly dull grinding forward displays with little invention, daring or even adventure. Lets be brutally honest here, Saracens one guy down in the bin and this amazing Saints side still didn't put tons of tries on the board. Where was Ashton? Has he scored a bazillion tries yet?

I'm pretty sure that the laundrette's have had to turn a fair few Saints jerseys inside out to clean out the mud in the last few weeks...that and Moses's jersey after his impromtu bout of mud wrestling with WWE Superstar Dylan Hartley :lol:

Thirdly, I think you're just stung about the fact that Cato, a chap brought up through Saracens Academy skinned Ben Foden, yet another example of Northampton hypocrisy, on his way to a try. Weren't you predicting that Foden would run rings around Cato? Heres a tip, actually get some young players from your local area (seriously, I'm sure there must be a club or two in Northamptonshire that plays rugby), and put them in an academy! It really isn't that hard and then you won't have to buy in glory hunters all the time who'll just let you down! Seriously, we can tell you from past experience, about ten years worth! But would you guys listen in 2006/7? Noooo..

Fourthly, there is no actual basis or evidence that our fans either number at 4000 or are part-time. That is just something you guys mumble to yourselves in an effort to cheer yourselves up as you face up to the fact that this will be yet another disapointing season of mid to lower table obscurity, robbed of a chance to claim what you may well think is yours by right instead of merit. And I am perfectly sure that whether its Gloucester, Biarritz or the Vodacom Bulls, every other team will have just a few thousand fans with ten to twenty thousand "glory-hunters" sitting in an inferior stadium who will never hold a candle to the blessed Northampton faithful.

Like I said before, our fans are liked whatever their number who are campaigning for a decent stadium foisted upon us by idiots and are perfectly happy to say "two games, two wins."

See you guys later in the year where I'm sure it'll be "three games, three wins." We'll even campaign to let Premier Rugby and the RFU to let Saints choose the ref :p
[/b][/quote]

The fat lady has sung.

Latest posts