• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scottish independence referendum

Will Scotland vote for independence? (Not personal opinion on if they should)

• Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yupp you're right. No storming ahead with over 100,000 vote lead, can't see any miracles saving Yes now.

I want Little Guy to cover all elections.
As soon as the polls close, we will get a result a minute in ;)

Yes finally wins another county, though not by nearly enough of a margin. No really starting to rack up a lot of decent wins here.

The Beeb desperately trotting out analysts saying a Yes win is still possible....it isn't and hasn't been for hours, LG has called it, time for snoozes and coziness now.

They couldn't even take North Ayrshire, so far they've only won some of the lower income industrial areas. Four counties won so far and one of those very narrowly. Salmond has apparently fled on a private jet as well.

It's interesting that Glasgow is strong Labour but votes yes. There seems to be quite a few SNP votes voting No and Labour voters voting Yes.

BBC reporting the most common form of "Spoiled Vote" is people writing the word "No" in the "No" box, which they have to take as a double negative (though it doesn't count as a "Yes" vote).

Be interesting to see how Aberdeen votes. I'm tempted to say No has won, already, but it's close enough that the last few results could swing it.

Yes would have to win the remaining districts by a greater margin in each than they have achieved so far, I'd say.
I can still this referendum, while likely failing, putting another dent into Cameron, especially with the GE next spring. Unlikely that Conservatives would change leadership at the moment, and latest polls give Labour an edge.

-Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh, Argyll & Bute all No; that's pretty much it.

Yes would have to win the remaining districts by a greater margin in each than they have achieved so far, I'd say.
I can still this referendum, while likely failing, putting another dent into Cameron, especially with the GE next spring. Unlikely that Conservatives would change leadership at the moment, and latest polls give Labour an edge.

-Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh, Argyll & Bute all No; that's pretty much it.

Well, the Conservatives have closed the polls up somewhat and isn't Milliband very unpopular still? It's going to be difficult for Labour if they have to go into debates with Milliband. I guess the real question is what effect will UKIP have? UKIP seems to actually draw reasonably well from Labour voters as well.

Yougov, to name one opinion poll, have found Labour support at 35 compared to Conservatives at 33, and the last few have been quite similar. Imagine if we see another 2010, another rather split vote.

Almost final results in (Highlands still to go)
Yes - 1539920 (45%)
No - 1914187 (55%)

So no win by 10%

Happy with this outcome.

Well, the Conservatives have closed the polls up somewhat and isn't Milliband very unpopular still? It's going to be difficult for Labour if they have to go into debates with Milliband. I guess the real question is what effect will UKIP have? UKIP seems to actually draw reasonably well from Labour voters as well.

It's a fight to be the tallest midget at the moment. I'm not expecting a lot of support for this statement, but I hope we get another coalition with the Lib Dems spoiling the more extreme elements of whoever their coalition partner's programme is.

Very few major politicians won personally today. Sturgeon, Davidson and Brown and that's about it.

Last edited:
Well I was hoping for a yes so disappointed. Glad to see that smug look wiped off Salmonds face though.

How much do you guys think the amount new powers may have swayed it.

Personally I don't think the result would have changed even if there was less powers promised, but they have been promised it now.

I wonder haw much 'non-natives' swayed the vote?! The fact that everyone residing in Scotland had a vote was fair but wouldn't properly reflect what Scots wanted. Anyway, I think it's a missed opportunity from the Scots, especially with how unpredictable politics in the UK is currently.

Probably not a 10 point difference. What Scots wanted was denied the moment Salmond denied a vote to Scots living outside Scotland.

Latest posts