• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scottish independence referendum

Will Scotland vote for independence? (Not personal opinion on if they should)

• Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Don't know

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder haw much 'non-natives' swayed the vote?! The fact that everyone residing in Scotland had a vote was fair but wouldn't properly reflect what Scots wanted. Anyway, I think it's a missed opportunity from the Scots, especially with how unpredictable politics in the UK is currently.

English make up about 10% of Scotlands population or 500,000 votes. Scotland makes up about 8% of the UK population. If we are going to play a number game, it's not going to work in Scotlands favour. Any argument for dismissing the 10% English votes immediately becomes an argument for dismissing the 8% of Scotland's voting power in Westminster.

Also this isn't about what Scots want, it's about what the people of Scotland want, a subtle difference.

Yeah, that's just ridiculous.
I wonder what Salmond's going to do now? His whole career has been built around "Free Scotland! We want a referendum!" But now that that's happened and he's failed, what's he going to talk about?

Yeah, that's just ridiculous.
I wonder what Salmond's going to do now? His whole career has been built around "Free Scotland! We want a referendum!" But now that that's happened and he's failed, what's he going to talk about?
If he's in anyway a decent politician he'll keep going I imagine. No point giving up after failing once. He won't see an independent Scotland in his lifetime but Scotland won't be in the UK forever I don't think.

If he's in anyway a decent politician he'll keep going I imagine. No point giving up after failing once. He won't see an independent Scotland in his lifetime but Scotland won't be in the UK forever I don't think.

He will continue to live the high life at the taxpayers expense and push Cameron to fulfill the stupid promises he made to give more power to this smarmy creepy...................watch out for him with the Saltire at the USA v European Ryder Cup match next week!! Last one he attended in the USA cost the taxpayer an absolute fortune as he had the best suite in the hotel................!!!

Good result but going to be very hard for reconciliation....................and would not like to be in the Murray family's shoes for the next few months!!

I've not really paid much attention to him in the past, but considering how terrible he was at explaining how Scotland would function after a Yes vote, lying in answers and just flat out ignoring questions, I wouldn't trust him to tie his own shoes.

Salmond resigning, think it would have been disgraceful if he hadn't. He lost, this referendum caused a pile of division and cost a ton of money. He has to take a ton of responsibility for the loss as well. I'm guessing Sturgeon will almost certanly be SNP leader now?

Nicola Sturgeon is the next Poke Evolution of Wee Jimmy Krankie, surely?

I think the next one will turn her into an actual sturgeon.

Last edited:
looks this guy explains more proof that there has been 'fraud' with the vote counting

Last edited by a moderator:

Fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I can't believe voter fraud has anything to do with the outcome, the margin is just too high. This isn't an ex-Soviet Bloc country.

That's why I'm amazed anybody had any faith in Salmond to begin with. For him it was always just ideology. The idea of a referendum is surely to ask your people a question of preference, and no politician should ever depend on one outcome. The very fact of Salmonds resignation it seems to me is proof of his limitations and that he didn't merit votes

I've not really paid much attention to him in the past, but considering how terrible he was at explaining how Scotland would function after a Yes vote, lying in answers and just flat out ignoring questions, I wouldn't trust him to tie his own shoes.

His political record up to that point reads pretty well. He took the SNP from nowhere that much to Government, secured the referendum, secured pretty much every term he wanted on, and then at the vital moment, shat the bed. Its odd, that even with the suborned might of the Scottish Civil Service behind him, he couldn't make a substantive case for the economic benefits of independence...

... which could be taken as signs that there isn't one and that any sane argument for Scottish independence starts with an admitting it will initially trigger a fairly unpleasant economic period.

edit: Salmond made a lot of enemies on his way to leading the SNP, who must be feeling rather peeved now. Quite possible in this respect he jumped before he was pushed.

looks this guy explains more proof that there has been 'fraud' with the vote counting

I don't know about the woman sorting votes at the start, but the table labeled NO was aparently just been used to place all the votes on BEFORE they were sorted. Some SNP account tweeted it

Latest posts