30 1st ODI, Johannesburg

February

2 2nd ODI, Bloemfontein D/N
4 3rd ODI, Port Elizabeth D/N
6 4th ODI, Cape Town
9 5th ODI, East London D/N
11 6th ODI, Durban D/N
13 7th ODI, Centurion

England squad: MP Vaughan, ME Trescothick, AJ Strauss, MA Butcher, RWT Key, GP Thorpe, A Flintoff, GO Jones, CMW Read, AF Giles, GJ Batty, MJ Hoggard, SP Jones, SJ Harmison, JM Anderson , PD Collingwood

_________

England have been unbeaten in the last three series vs NZ and West Indies, 12 tests without defeat. Steve Harmison is the #1 bowler in the world, and England's other 3 strike bowlers, Giles, Flintoff and Hoggard are all in the top 20.

Michael Vaughan has captained the side with distinction, and is back in form with the bat. Strauss, Trescothick, Jones and Key have all scored well this summer.

But England's most valuable player by a mile is Freddy Flintoff. Averging 65 with the bat and 21 with the ball against the West Indies, also taking 5 slip catches, he is invaluable.

I expect England to line up as follows:

01 Trescothick
02 Strauss
03 Butcher
04 Vaughan
05 Thorpe
06 Flintoff
07 Jones
08 Giles
09 Hoggard
10 Anderson
11 Harmison
My prediction. England to win the Test series 3-1.

As long as we win the test series, that's all that matters. Should be a good series to watch though.

Im gonna be the kill joy South Africa to upset England 2-1 with two draws

We can`t lose to `pommies` on home ground. OK, we suck pretty bad at cricket but, than again, we can`t be worse than `pommies`

You can.

We're officially the second best team on the planet
<

I'm picking the South africans will bring England back to earth...............South Africa to win without losing one test (there will be a draw or two though).

Englands chances rest on Flintoff and Harmison remaining fit for the duration of the series.

Beating the West Indies home and away is hardly a feat anymore, and New Zealand unfortunitely were well beaten in the tests, though to be fair they rarely tested the English with a second rate bowling attack, and an underperforming middle/lower batting order.

Giles is even more overated since his wicket hauls against the Windies, and Hoggard is not a bowler for all conditions.

Should be an entertaining series though...........

England blitzed India yesterday, Harmison got a hat trick and Adrian Wharf got Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman out on debut. England won by 7 wickets in prep. for ICC Champions Trophy.

Being a proud South African, I have the utmost faith in my team.

However if they do loose to the English I will not dispair or even be annoyed by the only other person who follows cricket where I'm from ( luckily enough she happens to be English)

If SA do loose to Eng. It will mean a clear win for our rugby team in November did anyone notice our dip in form as the rugby team got better, this is always the way so evn if we loose I will be glad. If we win well its just another victory of the English who bless their little hearts try so hard lol.

Anyway shoud be good series

When does Aussie get a turn at you poms? I thought the Boxing Day test was against you lot..

Australia are coming here for the Ashes next summer, June > End of August I think. Then I'll be coming with the Barmy Army down in 2006/07

Originally posted by woodie@Sep 5 2004, 10:38 PM
Australia are coming here for the Ashes next summer, June > End of August I think. Then I'll be coming with the Barmy Army down in 2006/07
Ah yes. You'll all be talking up your chances soon I suppose.

Originally posted by Wally+Sep 6 2004, 12:40 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 6 2004, 12:40 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-woodie
@Sep 5 2004, 10:38 PM
Ah yes. You'll all be talking up your chances soon I suppose. [/b]
No, we won't.

All we're saying is that this is the best England team of recent memory playing their best cricket in recent memory.

Don't write us off.

You say that every Ashes though. However you are right, it appears you're on the way up.

The Aussies aren't as solid as they were under Waugh, and England are on the way up and in good shape. The Ashes should certainly be closer than it has been over the past few years.

Can't really see England coming anywhere near Australia at the moment. With Tendulkar back India would hold far more fears for us.

Latest posts