• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa VS Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, Gatland looks totally ****** off. It's as if he'll bite someone's head off if they make any sudden movements. :c
Also, rep point for anyone who makes a GIF of Shane's try; slow-motion for the part where he completely skims Habana.
[/b]

To be fair Habana was running across field and slipped on his ass, Williams is such a good stepper and had so much space it would have been a crime not to have scored.

The difference between SA's replacements to injured players and Wales' is that SA's replacements are actually good. Parker is ridiculously ****, and a Parker - Shanklin midfield is ridiculously ****. Stoddart was dreadful when he came on, and Cooper offered nothing. Can't say Hook or Ryan Jones impressed me either.
But oh well, I'm just making excuses now. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'> they SA were better, but the score would have been a lot closer if Wales had a full strength team. SA would still have beaten us, they were just so clinical today, but it probably would have been more like 23 - 17 than 43 -17. [/b]

and the score would have been about the same if SA -also- had a full strength squad.

you know
January
Schalk
Fourie

;)

I must say, Bolla didn't play half bad, and all the new guys (especially Luke and Bekker) were AWESOME. Lukie -made- 2 tries.
[/b][/quote]

Yup Conradie was very good, Watson,Smith,De Villiers and James as well. A few dropped balls but not bad with so many changes, Percy scoring was the highlight for me, he still has it. ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
Oh God, Gatland looks totally ****** off. It's as if he'll bite someone's head off if they make any sudden movements. :c
Also, rep point for anyone who makes a GIF of Shane's try; slow-motion for the part where he completely skims Habana.
[/b]

To be fair Habana was running across field and slipped on his ass, Williams is such a good stepper and had so much space it would have been a crime not to have scored.
[/b][/quote]
Still, it at least enhances William's reputation, since he is vastly underrated by you SH'ers. So for him to skim Habana, twice, in a game is surely worthy of a GIF? ;)

The difference between SA's replacements to injured players and Wales' is that SA's replacements are actually good. Parker is ridiculously ****, and a Parker - Shanklin midfield is ridiculously ****. Stoddart was dreadful when he came on, and Cooper offered nothing. Can't say Hook or Ryan Jones impressed me either.
[/b]

We can put that under analysis :p, your right except Parkers nice offload for the first try he was very laboured and slow in attack, surely there is a better centre available?

Good game considering it's our first together. Butch and Jean both played very well. I expect us to be more fluent next week though. The new combinations are still getting to know each other. And, I'll admit Bolla didn't play all that badly. But I still want Januarie there next week and Kankowski to at least be on the bench.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Still, it at least enhances William's reputation, since he is vastly underrated by you SH'ers. So for him to skim Habana, twice, in a game is surely worthy of a GIF? ;)
[/b][/quote]

Im from from the NH but am a Springboks fan. He's not underated by me, i **** it every time he gets the ball, amazing that he has found his best form at 31.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

We can put that under analysis :p, your right except Parkers nice offload for the first try he was very laboured and slow in attack, surely there is a better centre available?
[/b][/quote]
No idea. We have some youngsters coming through a la Andrew Bishop (uncapped), Jon Davies (who is playing excellent at U20 level) and Gavin Evans (capped once but has been **** at Llanelli this year), so I expect Gatland to try Bishop next week because Parker is just a lost cause. Jon Davies is the future at inside centre though. He's really strong and fast, and could add a lot to midfield, and will be a great replacement/succeeder to Henson.

...Percy scoring was the highlight for me, he still has it. ;) [/b]

brilliant wasn't it ?

Percy = a certified points machine every single match, either through tries or his excellent kicking, and to think South africas most capped and highest scoring player was booed and hissed only a decade ago. I can't wait for him to come back to the Cape.

look, dunno if I mucked up what I meant.
What I meant was, just after the Six Nations, this was hailed to be 'the ultimate tour' because Gatland promised to bring his strongest squad to SA. But, as usual after we win something, half our team gets injured, and we just don't have the strength in depth of the SH sides. And SA really showed that today, and as Sir Speedy said, you lot have just got some great replacements.
So, fair play South Africa, you deserved this win (btw how much did Pearson cost :p jocan, jocan.) you deserved the win, I just honestly think it would have been a much closer game if it was Full Strength SA V Full Strength Wales.
And yeah, didn't see the forward pass (heard it though) so how far forward was it, and how the hell did they get away with it for Percy to score?

CDF_SAFRICA_V_Wales_18.jpg

Oh man, Wales actually played the ol' switcharoo with Habana and Williams and still lost the game! D: And there was me thinking Williams had skimmed Habana twice when it was actually Habana in disguise doing it to himself!
Uh, that made total sense!

All I can say is "YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!"

You know some people said I was underestimating the Welsh by saying a +20 victory with the current starting 15 was on the cards... Ahem... If we pull out the big guns it will be +50 next week, marks my words.

Shane Williams try was good, he showed why he's considered one the best wingers in Europe, but seriously stop having an orgy over Habana getting side stepped, coming from across the field.

We worked well as a unit with alot of new players in the side, good on you PdV. Conradie did what he needed to do, and Watson had a stormer. I'm quite pleased but I would love to see a full strength side next week.

You know some people said I was underestimating the Welsh by saying a +20 victory with the current starting 15 was on the cards... Ahem... If we pull out the big guns it will be +50 next week, marks my words.

Shane Williams try was good, he showed why he's considered one the best wingers in Europe, but seriously stop having an orgy over Habana getting side stepped, coming from across the field.

We worked well as a unit with alot of new players in the side, good on you PdV. Conradie did what he needed to do, and Watson had a stormer. I'm quite pleased but I would love to see a full strength side next week.
[/b]
Pfft, we've (Us Welsh and the Saffa's) have already concluded that Wales would definately have won if we hadn't made those errors and had been at full strength. So there! :p

I was amazed.
Percy actually went into contact and didn't kick the ball away...and then scored a try.
I wonder what colour the moon will be tonight...blue I reckon.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Pfft, we've (Us Welsh and the Saffa's) have already concluded that Wales would definately have won if we hadn't made those errors and had been at full strength. So there! :p [/b][/quote]

Force errors due to the pressure ;)

I must say when ever one of the backrow players had the ball (6,7,8) they definitely put some strain on the defense, very strong ball carriers indeed. But the Boks had it pretty easy in the rucks, mobility was always gonna be a problem with such a big backrow. I think Wales had an opportunity to capitalise by having a scrum 60kg heavier than ours, and with Steenkamp and Mujati being a bit shaking imo, they should of put more effort into scrum.

I'm so pleased with the boys, playing under the 'old' rules for the 1st time this year and they slotted right in. I hope next week our wingers can see some more ball and Kankowski gets a run

<div class='quotemain'>
I hate to say I told you so... ALRIGHT!!!

haha for all those Welsh fans and Justin Marshall who said Wales would be a major force in rugby after the 6 Nations victory, THINK AGAIN. Beating SH teams is the measure of a team, not winning a tournament which is noted for its lottery factor.

--------------

I know I sound like a prick and I hate to gloat, but really I had it up to here when Wales won the 6 nations and none of them would listen to me when i said they weren't that great a team.

Excuse me all the Welsh fans who were a bit more realistic, I don't mean to rub it in for you
[/b]
Oh sod off. You're basically telling us that we should never be optimistic and that winning the 6N meant nothing at all. Seriously, iI figured any Brit with sense would support a fellow British team, but I guess you are, obviously, lacking any sense whatsoever as that was quite the twattish post. Regardless, I'll be supporting England against NZ anyway.
Get f**ked.
Your friendly neighbourhood Welshman,
Speedy.

[/b][/quote]

I know I'm being a twat. Suprising though it may seem, I wanted Wales to win. But it's funny they got stuffed considering the pathetic optimism I heard coming out of Wales after the 6N. Wales were the only organised team in the 6Nations, it wasn't that hard a tournament to win this year. But after winning it, all I heard was 'we'll win the next world cup' and 'we can beat south africa' and all this kind of crap when everyone knows that NH touring teams never win unless they're REALLY good. Apart from the fact that all of the home nations send depleted teams out every year, i said that the true test of a good rugby team was beating SH teams, and Wales as usual were counting their chickens before they hatched, and overrating themselves.

I'll be proved wrong if Wales beat any tri nations in the Autumn.

I don't usually do this, as anyone who's read my posts knows, but......

Dave Pearson go f**k yourself. I can't believe how one sided his reffing was. Now, it didn't do any difference to the result, SA were better and would have won anyway but, it made the final result look way worse than it was. How many knock on's or foreward passes did he miss, two directly led to SA try's, yet he picks up on every welsh mistake. Rediculous, f***ing rediculous.

I lost count of how many times the scrum was taken down / springboks popping up, yet nothing. What's the point of having a dominant scrum when nothing get's done if they take it down etc.

My other gripe was SA being allowed to enter rucks from everywhere whilst in posetion, the same rule applies to attacking players as definsive ones.

Right, sorry for that, was sooo ****** off by it all, as was everyone else in the pub! I'm also not trying to take anything away from SA who produced a performance showing why they are the World Champions.

Wales need to improve in alot of areas to comete in the next test. Not too optimistic though!

I was amazed.
Percy actually went into contact and didn't kick the ball away...and then scored a try.
I wonder what colour the moon will be tonight...blue I reckon. [/b]

Sorry, photos or it didn't happen...

<div class='quotemain'> I was amazed.
I wonder what colour the moon will be tonight...blue I reckon. [/b]

Sorry, photos or it didn't happen...
[/b][/quote]
It gets better... He was playing at outside center!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts