• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Storm found guilty of breaching Salary Cap

And the Storms reputation will be tarnished for a very long time after this.

Do you think the international rugby league body is in a position where it should take away the Storm's World Club Champions trophy?

Yes.

They cheated to win the ***le in 2009 so they shouldn't have been in the match. I think the WCC will be like the NRL - a blank in the history book, but as far as I know Leeds will be awarded the £50,000 prize money and as much as I despise Leeds, rightly so.

Gutted doesn't quite cover sufficiently how i feel about this. We got cheated by a bunch of crooks lead by Brian "dirty rat" Waldron that lead the incompetent NRL for a merry dance (they didn't find out until a whistle blower went to the NRL they have admitted as such) and cheated us and let us down and thats why i think the NRL came down on us like a ton of bricks partially because we made them look like mugs.If we won a premiership fair and square poms frog rugby and sydney and QLD clubs tore that team apart which they wanted to and threw shitloads of money at the team to do so i would be disappointed but we would have two premierships in the cabinet but now the last 5 years were for nought and that is a shame for all those players who worked there arse off to win those premierships and other trophies.

Last edited:
That's going to be interesting. The exodus has started this week as well.

Ray Warren says chuck 'em out!

Triple M's Ray "Rabs" Warren has made a case for the Melbourne Storm to be thrown out of the competition.
In a one hour special covering the massive new Storm scandal the Dead Set Legends host said that when this news originally blew up on April 22 the Storm should have been suspended.
"With hindsight it would have been better suspending the Melbourne Storm from the competition," he said. "Let them rise again, whether as the Storm or as another name."
"People say 'but that would've damaged rugby league and what we've done in Melbourne'. Remember that we did sack South Sydney at the end of the millennium - they've risen from the ashes and they're a strong club now. So why couldn't we have done that with Melbourne?"
"There will be people who will tell you that there were television contracts, 'oh the big four (Slater, Inglis, Cronk, Smith), we had to give them some football because we were going to use them in the representative scene'.
"At the end of that I wonder whether it would've been simpler to say 'Melbourne: You're out of the comp'."
Storm boss John Hartigan confirmed Storm rorting over the past 3 years totalled $3.2 million and next year they will be $1.3 million over the cap.
Do I read that correctly; are they so far over the cap that they cannot avoid being over next year as well? Even if they just terminate everyone's contract and bring in a bunch of no-name rookies to be cannon fodder next year!!

You would've though that, if they're going to be over the cap next year, whoever runs the NRL would just not let them play, or have some sort of clause that causes a paycut or something

There's too many Kangaroos/Origin players in their team for them to be suspended. Call me cynical, but they need those players playing every week.

inglis going to broncos... blair hasnt decided yet but it looks like they keeping smith and slater.

Latest posts