RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
You can't make any judgment on a trailer! There are a lot of games whose trailers looks great but the gameplay sucks! What's the use having features but the gameplay is not nice!

And i'm not saying it won't be nice you just can't make any judgment on a trailer!

I disagree. While a trailer won't decide whether I will buy a game or not, you can definitely make some kind of judgement on how the game looks. For example, the tackle animations shown in the trailer look smooth and realistic and having seen Rugby Challenge in action is backed up in game. Could you please tell me some games that have good trailers, but game play is bad?

ohhhhhh i think hes looking for some. :) but i dont know if he can find one lol anyways just a quick question... why am i awaiting judgment.
i dont want to be judged... .... ... not guilty your honor.. NOT GUILTY!!!!

ohhhhhh i think hes looking for some. :) but i dont know if he can find one lol anyways just a quick question... why am i awaiting judgment.
i dont want to be judged... .... ... not guilty your honor.. NOT GUILTY!!!!
You should not be allowed a computer in your padded cell... This is where my freaking tax dollars are going? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I agree that it is a poor trailer from HB/505. That does not automatically correlate to a poor game however. Anyone who suggests otherwise are premature. They would never admit it, but what self-respecting man would.
On the other hand the Rugby Challenge trailer is a very good one. Respect to them for that. Did what any good trailer should do... Suck you in. Build hype. etc. Both trailers should be taken with a grain of salt. They were both designed to appeal to the masses, and probably not designed for us as keen followers of the game, hence why they were both filled with big hits, a lot of diving tries, sidesteps and **** all in the way of real open gameplay. Aside from the fact that there does appear to be a lot of bunching in the RWC trailer, there isn't a lot to be disappointed about. We all expected the graphics to be like that, the screenshots prepared us. I am keen for the demo, as then we can try out the strafing defense, something that no other rugby game has had (including the league games), and could be a gamechanger in all reality.

hehe yeah your right kaftka. i think that strafing d will def be a goody...
oh and yes ... we do get the good life in the cells :) he he he.

You should not be allowed a computer in your padded cell... This is where my freaking tax dollars are going? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I agree that it is a poor trailer from HB/505. That does not automatically correlate to a poor game however. Anyone who suggests otherwise are premature. They would never admit it, but what self-respecting man would.
On the other hand the Rugby Challenge trailer is a very good one. Respect to them for that. Did what any good trailer should do... Suck you in. Build hype. etc. Both trailers should be taken with a grain of salt. They were both designed to appeal to the masses, and probably not designed for us as keen followers of the game, hence why they were both filled with big hits, a lot of diving tries, sidesteps and **** all in the way of real open gameplay. Aside from the fact that there does appear to be a lot of bunching in the RWC trailer, there isn't a lot to be disappointed about. We all expected the graphics to be like that, the screenshots prepared us. I am keen for the demo, as then we can try out the strafing defense, something that no other rugby game has had (including the league games), and could be a gamechanger in all reality.

I'm not so sure. The amount of dislikes vastly outweighs the likes on the video for the trailer. The trailer is a complete disaster, and doesn't seem to be appealing to hardly any new people. Whoever created that trailer ****ed up.

Agreed. It was a poor trailer... I wanted to see all the new gameplay tweaks.. Not the same things from previous games.

Cmon HB... Release a better Trailer next time.. AND PLEASE choose better music.. I hate all that rock and roll bile.

Don't know why people are calling for another trailer
Demo is out in like a week and a bit, then the game a few weeks after that

Exactly olyy. Like I said, trailers are meant to be as broad as possible. Gameplay trailers aren't worth the effort as they won't appeal to the general dumb public like on with big hits and tries etc. Demo is out in a little over a week.

Mario at Sidhe commented today that Rugby Challenge will now be shipping with 98 teams. He would not, however, comment on what the 3 new teams are.

If I was going to guess 2 of the teams could be Scotland, Wales as in the post made by Mario states in the comparison thread under RWC2011 Scotland (players not confirmed),Wales (players not confirmed) and he also mention in regards to "The discrepancy is licensed teams, yes. Though the situation around them is a little "special". I'll clarify in about 3 weeks or so."

so possibly what he is referring to is that player likeness/names ok for Scotland and wales but world cup kit not? just a guess though. the 3rd maybe british lions as if they just got confirmation on using wales Scotland players they were able to licence the Lions ?

After seeing gameplay footage from RC (released on facebook), and comparing that to the trailer for RWC, I am definitely getting RC and may get RWC2011 when it isn't over $100. Just saying... (and I know people representing RWC2011 will question this, but that's what they're here for right?)

Wales and Scotland (both unlicensed) were already included in the original 95 teams. The 3 new teams therefore are not national teams, atleast not well known ones lol

I would just like to see some sort of gameply prior to even trying it so that I can see the comparison between the two from trailers...even know an actual demo (preferably from both) would give the best indication.. I am buying an xbox 360 today after getting RROD on my last one, hence the interest in the difference between the two games.

Just Wait for the demo! And cant wait for the release date 26th August.

Rugby challenge has released gameplay footage,
it looks good, sometimes the opponents look a little stupid (their behaviour not the graphics)
and its different from HB Studios game, slow motion when making kicks (looks brilliant for grubbers)
place kicks and lineouts appear to use the similar "make this fast moving animation stop in the middle mechanic, i think i prefer HB's lineouts but its just different
the tackles look good, but i cant make out whats happening when a try is scored, are they placing the ball or dropping it?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150261080674455

How can people honestly say trailers dont make the game?...i think they enhance the actual features of the game...and honestly the features on RWC just doesnt cut the mustard in todays stadards, i will be HIGHLY dissapointed if the actual demo PLAYED the same as Rugby08, because that game had ALOT of things to fix.

How can people honestly say trailers dont make the game?...i think they enhance the actual features of the game...and honestly the features on RWC just doesnt cut the mustard in todays stadards, i will be HIGHLY dissapointed if the actual demo PLAYED the same as Rugby08, because that game had ALOT of things to fix.

We don't know how much RC has to fix either as it's likely to have it's own bugs. They are hardly going to showcase those in the trailer are they?

Trailers do not make the game in the same way that movie trailers do not make the movie. Your right they enhance the features of the game, but only in a gameplay trailer, everything else is cinematic. Cut scenes mean nothing. Todays gameplay trailer from Sidhe was much better and yeah it showcases the game well, but it doesn't decide anything for sure.

Anything that would've been detrimental to promoting the game (ie bugs or other things that look not so cool) would've been cut.

Seriously, HB should not have tried to release a cinematic style trailer like that, they should've just released a gameplay trailer like Sidhe. They couldn't compete on graphics and animations as Sidhe hasn't done a rugby game before this and most of their stuff is all new, whereas RWC is re-using assets from the past.

On a gameplay footing, I'm sure RWC will look significantly better than it does in close-ups or cut-scenes and I'm sure it'd match up pretty well with RC.

HB didnt seem to mind showing the zombie masses chasing the brain ... sorry ball.

That was a close-up action trailer. Most of the forum including the mods seem to think that RC is the better game to showcase with that kind of thing. RWC would much better suit the kind of trailer released by Sidhe today. From gameplay distance I'm sure it looks fine.

Perhaps some constructive comments soon?

Rugby challenge has released gameplay footage,
it looks good, sometimes the opponents look a little stupid (their behaviour not the graphics)
and its different from HB Studios game, slow motion when making kicks (looks brilliant for grubbers)
place kicks and lineouts appear to use the similar "make this fast moving animation stop in the middle mechanic, i think i prefer HB's lineouts but its just different
the tackles look good, but i cant make out whats happening when a try is scored, are they placing the ball or dropping it?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150261080674455

One player knocks on the ball in the goal area alright. the others are doing some sort of dive, trying to place the ball on the endline before going out of play.

Latest posts