RWC 11 or Sidhe Rugby Challenge ?

• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
I'm amazed at the results of the poll, and this is on the HB forum, any chance of a gameplay video or trailer, something to blow us away and get us all (more) excited about RWC soon?Or I wonder are they holding this back to counter Sidhe if and when they announce pro12/top 14 ? Surely then once the mainstream hype for the world cup starts that'll do your advertising for you!

I hate to think how long it could take to get approvals from everyone for a video to be shown. Mario said on the sidhe forums they had some screenshots they had been waiting 5 weeks to get approval for. I'm sure both the guys at sidhe and hb would love to show video but they simply just may not be able to yet until all the approvals are given.

I'm amazed at the results of the poll, and this is on the HB forum, any chance of a gameplay video or trailer, something to blow us away and get us all (more) excited about RWC soon?Or I wonder are they holding this back to counter Sidhe if and when they announce pro12/top 14 ? Surely then once the mainstream hype for the world cup starts that'll do your advertising for you!
I have to say I think this poll is out dated. I voted on this pole while HB still had those horrible first screenshots.Now I cant vote again or change my mind.So you can't read alot into the poll IMO.

The scrum under the posts set up is one among many that have been captured. This particular shot has consistently been chosen to be released in conjunction with our announcements as they support the content of the press release. As for the repetition of the same configuration across multiple nations, the principal audience for these screenshots is the general public in the territory whose license is being announced, not the members of The Rugby Forum, or even the Sidhe forums.

The scrum under the posts set up is one among many that have been captured. This particular shot has consistently been chosen to be released in conjunction with our announcements as they support the content of the press release. As for the repetition of the same configuration across multiple nations, the principal audience for these screenshots is the general public in the territory whose license is being announced, not the members of The Rugby Forum, or even the Sidhe forums.

Well said AJ, HB are winners in my mind, I will be buying both only because we want to battle it out with clubs as well as Internationals respect.

Well said AJ, HB are winners in my mind.

This is "The Rugby Forum" actually ;)

Lol, fair enough, but the point still stands. I assume that the vast majority of us on this forum played Rugby08, loved it, and cant wait for RWC 11. The question is in fact a bit vague, as I read it I assume it means what are you going to buy, theres no way I believe that over a third of posters on here arent planning on buying the game!

It actually surprises me that so many people are unhappy that they have used 08 as a building platform for RWC, Im not sure if these people think that FIFA is started from scratch every year?? And Rugby Challenge 06 showed us exactly the dangers and difficulties of starting from scratch. Personally I cant wait for this game partly because I will be familiar with much of the controls and gameplay, will be able to pick it up, turn it on to elite and (hopefully) get my ass kicked and have to go down to pro difiiculty level with my tail between my legs until I have properly got into the game. And that will add allot of longevity. I guess my only fear is that this wont last me another four years with only world cup mode, and my only point was that even a online ranking system could have made a big difference to this. However its a million times better than no game at all and thankfully we have TRF, and I plan on getting involved in tournaments and leagues here, and with that I could easily be playing in four years.

So as I said earlier heres hoping it sells hundreds of thousands of copies and the club version is in progress within a month of RWC release!

Rugby Challenge 2006 was made by Swordfish Studios, so didn't they use JLR as their "foundation". That was there problem in some ways that was their problem, they just copied it with better graphics, and the gameplay etc was dated (same problem with ALL Pro Football 2K8/ 2K5).

With no disrespect to either developer, I'd say that Rugby 08 is a better foundation than RL3 (not that either were that bad - RL3 was miles better than RL2). Gonna be very interesting to see some official gameplay vids over next few weeks to do some legit comparisons rather than screenshots :D :D

So as I said earlier heres hoping it sells hundreds of thousands of copies and the club version is in progress within a month of RWC release!

I reckin it'll sell pretty well after the world cup, assuming about month after it'll have a massive price drop.

Rugby Challenge 2006 was made by Swordfish Studios, so didn't they use JLR as their "foundation". That was there problem in some ways that was their problem, they just copied it with better graphics, and the gameplay etc was dated (same problem with ALL Pro Football 2K8/ 2K5).

With no disrespect to either developer, I'd say that Rugby 08 is a better foundation than RL3 (not that either were that bad - RL3 was miles better than RL2). Gonna be very interesting to see some official gameplay vids over next few weeks to do some legit comparisons rather than screenshots :D :D

So true! Based on the current screenshots Rugby Challenge is the better looking of the two games but the real test will be when we can see both games in full flight!!!
The official Rugby Challenge trailer is due out before the end of the month so that will be very kool to see! and hopefully the RWC 2011 one isn't far away either...

the real test will be when we can see both games in full flight!!!

I disagree slightly. The trailers will get people excited about the game, definitely, but they won't give you a true sense of what it is to play the game...

I disagree slightly. The trailers will get people excited about the game, definitely, but they won't give you a true sense of what it is to play the game...

By "full flight" I mean gameplay not the trailers and really i wouldn't wanna make a call until i'd played both games (not just seen a gameplay video) as some games can look great but play like crap and vica versa...
I know that the trailers wont really give us much of an insight into how the game plays as they'll probably be a bunch of cut-scenes or pre-rendered clips as opposed to any raw gameplay footage. I'm just looking forward to seeing the trailers! :D

Any news on when the RWC 2011 trailer will be released?

Heh, I wanted to ask that, but thought it might come across the wrong way.

Haha. Well you may have fewer approvals to get through AND you have a head start on them so I guess the race is on! ;-)

I wish everyone would buy both...I want rugby to be the winner!

that said if there was a promise of a follow up game next year, i would 100% pledge my allegiance to that company :D...im sorry but i cant wait another 4 years for a rugby ***le after these two come out

Latest posts