• RWC 2011 HB

Votes: 80 10.3%
  • Sidhe Rugby Challenge

Votes: 418 53.8%
  • Both

Votes: 279 35.9%

• Total voters
So I guess your one of the 64 then???

If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't bother posting anything.

Honestly dealing with this section is like dealing with a bunch of infants.

Last edited:
Does the passing feel as bad as it looks on gameplay vids, or is it the kind of thing that you just don't notice when you're caught up in the game?

Honestly that was one of the major things on my mind going into the hands-on event, on my very first go whereby I didn't know too much about which buttons were which and how the advanced passing worked I had the dreadful feeling that my worst fear for Rugby Challenge was realised but as I played my second game I knew more of the button configurations and therefore the passing felt way better. And also like others have alluded, there is a timing element with the passes and as I had found out this is very true.

If you pass at every opportunity - of course passes will go to ground more often that not and if you do analyse the gameplay videos carefully (especially the Albany one - here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-LP9uUyUw or my videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/jovu55) you'll see that all the wayward passes occurred either a) The player passes the ball when support players are not ready or in the right support line b) the pass was actually rushed or was part of a string of crazy passes c) pass was a offload more-so than an actual pass. I found it really fun after I understood the passing and strung a few passes where I was on attack and made one simple pass to my flyhalf, then a miss pass to my centre and drew the last defender and zipped a long pass to my winger for a sublime try. That one and a half minute play made my day :)

This is a comparison thread so I think RWC will lose in every aspect to RC.

Reasons for my conclusion....

RWC demo is really bad. Instantly feels like Rugby 08 or even 06 and with the knowledge of the limited features this game will have.. its not looking very good.(They would have been better of not releasing a demo). The only thing I would say at this point is that multi player is OK but arcady and no where near simulation genre.

Everything I have seen of Sidhe's RC looks amazing. All the feedback from hands on and previews is very positive I really dont see how anyone else could come to a conclusion suggesting otherwise.

Good enough not to be deleted sunshine?? I was wondering what your thoughts are on the two games- which of the two do you think would be better??

Last edited:
This is a comparison thread so I think RWC will lose in every aspect to RC.

Reasons for my conclusion....

RWC demo is really bad. Instantly feels like Rugby 08 or even 06 and with the knowledge of the limited features this game will have.. its not looking very good.(They would have been better of not releasing a demo). The only thing I would say at this point is that multi player is OK but arcady and no where near simulation genre.

Everything I have seen of Sidhe's RC looks amazing. All the feedback from hands on and previews is very positive I really dont see how anyone else could come to a conclusion suggesting otherwise.

Good enough not to be deleted sunshine?? I was wondering what your thoughts are on the two games- which of the two do you think would be better??

Carry on being clever and you wont be carrying on here for long.

Guess this is directed at me, by the way I didn't even make a remark as to what you said! I was just having a little giggle to myself. Anyways I thought I made everyone aware of which game I think is better. RC all the way, but that doesn't mean I won't play RWC2011, actually I've always said and am saying I've pre-ordered RWC 2011 and am excited about that game also.

I'm one of the rugby nutters that want to help both co's out by buying both games - Will even buy PSP Vita just for the fact RC is on it when it comes out!

End with a :)

Last edited:
Now that I've played both I can tell you that RC is pretty damn awesome. It's not perfect, and I've only played a short couple of games, but there is enough there to convince me that it is the superior game. Played multi player on side cam and it was a lot of fun. Managed a couple of side steps and fends.

Only weird moment is was when a two person maul broke out and they seemed to awkwardly wrestle for about 10 seconds while the other players just watched (But this is probably down to neither of us understanding how to bind players to the maul).

My players also seemed to tire towards the end of the game and drop off of tackles, probably due to my over exuberance at the breakdown. Really enjoyed it.

Now that I've played both I can tell you that RC is pretty damn awesome. It's not perfect, and I've only played a short couple of games, but there is enough there to convince me that it is the superior game. Played multi player on side cam and it was a lot of fun. Managed a couple of side steps and fends.

Only weird moment is was when a two person maul broke out and they seemed to awkwardly wrestle for about 10 seconds while the other players just watched (But this is probably down to neither of us understanding how to bind players to the maul).

My players also seemed to tire towards the end of the game and drop off of tackles, probably due to my over exuberance at the breakdown. Really enjoyed it.

Really good to see some more positive news about this from people who've had hands on. Making me want it even more. :)

Does the passing feel as bad as it looks on gameplay vids, or is it the kind of thing that you just don't notice when you're caught up in the game?

My theory is that the passing just looks off on the behind cam, this is because the camera is too locked onto the ball and makes the players look static by comparison. When you play on side cam there is nothing weird looking about the passing.

When you play you often do throw a wild pass, but I have to say, everytime I did I slapped my head, because I was the one at fault. I didn't find myself cursing the game (You know the way you do when you're on defense in R08 and the game won't select the player you want!).

My theory is that the passing just looks off on the behind cam, this is because the camera is too locked onto the ball and makes the players look static by comparison. When you play on side cam there is nothing weird looking about the passing.

When you play you often do throw a wild pass, but I have to say, everytime I did I slapped my head, because I was the one at fault. I didn't find myself cursing the game (You know the way you do when you're on defense in R08 and the game won't select the player you want!).

Speaking of that, is it easy enough to select the player you want on defence quickly?

Speaking of that, is it easy enough to select the player you want on defence quickly?

Hmmm, I tend to use the player I'm controlling to play a sort of sweeper roll (Just following the ball a few meters behind the defensive line) and let the cpu do the defending for me. But there was a moment where I was trying to chase down Luke McAlistair and it selected Afoa (Not helpful.. even though he is fast for a prop)... But it because the defensive players are spaced out more, it seems to select the guy you have in mind. It only selected the fullback when he was the closest defender which is all you can ask for I suppose.

I didn't play long enough to really judge if it will have the same issue.

Very good point!
I've never played RL/2/3 on sidecam (is it even an option?) and never seen RC on sidecam either - could look normal from that angle

I've also never played any of HBs games on behind cam, so it could look as dodgy in that view :p

Guys imo challenge has the upper hand because they had the larger budget to work with. I'll be buying challenge for the season mode and renting rwc. I feel challenge is going to be a very good game and so will be rwc but nothing that will hold my attention for a long time.

Ah, that does look a lot better :)

Still a bit sketchy, but much much less noticeable than in sideview
Thank God :p

Guess this is directed at me, by the way I didn't even make a remark as to what you said! I was just having a little giggle to myself. Anyways I thought I made everyone aware of which game I think is better. RC all the way, but that doesn't mean I won't play RWC2011, actually I've always said and am saying I've pre-ordered RWC 2011 and am excited about that game also.

I'm one of the rugby nutters that want to help both co's out by buying both games - Will even buy PSP Vita just for the fact RC is on it when it comes out!

End with a :)

Nah Bro,

Not directed to you. Thanks for all the stuff posted here and on Sidhe. It was directed to the forum police who let there opinions be known through admin edits.

Nah Bro,

Not directed to you. Thanks for all the stuff posted here and on Sidhe. It was directed to the forum police who let there opinions be known through admin edits.

Carry on and you won't be posting on this forum again. Grow up and stop taking cheap / pot shots at the TRF staff.

The board has allowed for fair criticism but what the forum wont have is people going: 'This game sucks' or 'this game is rubbish' etc ... one sentence comments as it has been said in previous threads will not appear on the board and I'm afraid a fair few of your posts were like that. If its fair response then by all means be critical but as I said one sentence responses are not good enough.

If you don't like it then don't post on the board. We have not stopped anyone posting any reasonable criticism or praise to either game.

Last edited:

Latest posts