• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Unthinkable.....could of been a good movie, but died in the arse @ the end.

X-Men First Class- what the summer SFX block buster should be: Fun and original.
Good movie

X-Men First Class- what the summer SFX block buster should be: Fun and original.
Good movie
Couldn't agree more, honestly thought it was gonna be poo. But it was very very good. For me the best xmen film.
Saw bad teacher on weekend as well, have to take it as it is really. Cheap laughs, one for a date ;)

True grit on box office.

Excellent, although I'll need to watch it a couple more times just to understand the dialouge through half of it.

Watched Pirates of Silicon Valley for the first time last night. It's a film I've been meaning to watch for years but never got round to it.
Pretty good film. Check it out if you liked The Social Network. It's about how Microsoft & Apple started up.

Recently watched:

The Fighter - Really good film
Jackass 3.5 - Honestly should have put it all on Jackass 3 DVD
JFK - Good film, really enjoyed it and gave some food for thought on who might have killed JFK.
The Pianist - Good film and often moving.
Schindler's List - Good film and often moving.

To Watch:

Yogi Bear :lol:

Watched kung fu panda with my little cousin today:p. I plan to see the hangover 2 on wednesday.

Just watched Smokin' Aces
Couple of years old but not seen it before

Surprisingly good - wasn't expecting a lot but it was pretty decent

The first Terminator rocks as does the second. One of the greatest themes of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started watching the Almight Thor and just switched it off after 5mins. It was unbelievable bad.

Two of my all time favourites,

The Last of the Mohicans also a huge part of North American history,the French and Indian War. With a little soundtrack magic to get you interested, WARNING if you rent or want to see the movie try to get the theatrical cut it is much better than the directors cut.

And perhaps my favourite movie of all time The Bounty, 1984 version, Featuring a cast that includes, Anthony Hopkins(****ing brilliant in this one) Mel Gibson, Liam Neeson, Daniel Day Lewis, Laurence Olivier, Edward Fox, Bernard Hill, and a haunting soundtrack by Vangelis

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Transformers 3 yesterday, much better than the 2nd one. Things were predictable, but definitely better than 2