• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Rugby09 Patch

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 10 2008, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
this is for rugby06 btw not rugby08 :).[/b]

Hi all,
i'm new here and haven't purchased the game YET. Should I buy 06 or 08??? The key thing is I want to be able to keep it up to date with all the roster updates etc so really what i'm asking is which one is updated most frequently by the modders on this forum?

Cheers :)

Rugby08.

But Rugby06 has more tournaments and has a nicer interface and soundtrack. Rugby08 was pretty much updated rosters but lazily updated the game partially so i would go for rugby06.

Tough one. Rugby 08 is probably better overall, but marginally. The mods for rugby 08 are not exclusively for 08, like kits etc and lots of things can be modifed.

I'd choose 06 personally, but i prefer 08 because it is more options to patch. I am just a mod junkie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 10 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Tough one. Rugby 08 is probably better overall, but marginally. The mods for rugby 08 are not exclusively for 08, like kits etc and lots of things can be modifed.

I'd choose 06 personally, but i prefer 08 because it is more options to patch. I am just a mod junkie.[/b]

Hahaha thanks guys you both confused me even more, I am a Mod junkie so I guess 08 is the one for me?????
I can't stand games having inaccurate rosters etc

Next question of course has to be....

What are the MUST HAVE downloads to bring the rosters up to date, shirts up to date etc???

I am looking through the forums and the number of mods is mind blowing (i'm used to modding Rugby League 2 where there is only a few modders worth downloading).

Any tips to get me up to speed?

Ok Kuwaiti, go for '08. There is more to play that is licensed like the RWC, it even has it's own graphics. Gameplay wise, there is not much difference, if any at alljust one bug replaces another. Generally i think 08 looks better.

I am making MUP (MegaUpdatePatch) which is an all european club patch with Eric, Uli and some other modders who contribute too and it is nearly finished. It will have 07-08 season roster, and the RWC roster, and also 6 Nations and the recent Tri-Nations squads too.

I am currently making MUP 09, which is basically MUP, but has updates and new mods in it for 08-09 season. If you see my pinned thread, you can see the amount of kits i am making.

Other patches i haven't tested are Currie Cup, Sanzar and Air NZ Cup. Also some of the french modders do a patch for Top14.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kuwaiti kev @ Sep 9 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What are the MUST HAVE downloads to bring the rosters up to date, shirts up to date etc???

I am looking through the forums and the number of mods is mind blowing (i'm used to modding Rugby League 2 where there is only a few modders worth downloading).

Any tips to get me up to speed?[/b]

I thought u were leaguey hahahahaha what u doin here in Rugby 08 thread??? haha the next SBW, Mark Ganier etc???? haha all good kev.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crunkinjonah @ Sep 10 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kuwaiti kev @ Sep 9 2008, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any tips to get me up to speed?[/b]

I thought u were leaguey hahahahaha what u doin here in Rugby 08 thread??? haha the next SBW, Mark Ganier etc???? haha all good kev.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah dude leaguey through and through but I need something to get me through the off season :) besides it's impossible not to support the All Blacks!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 10 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok Kuwaiti, go for '08. There is more to play that is licensed like the RWC, it even has it's own graphics. Gameplay wise, there is not much difference, if any at alljust one bug replaces another. Generally i think 08 looks better.

I am making MUP (MegaUpdatePatch) which is an all european club patch with Eric, Uli and some other modders who contribute too and it is nearly finished. It will have 07-08 season roster, and the RWC roster, and also 6 Nations and the recent Tri-Nations squads too.

I am currently making MUP 09, which is basically MUP, but has updates and new mods in it for 08-09 season. If you see my pinned thread, you can see the amount of kits i am making.

Other patches i haven't tested are Currie Cup, Sanzar and Air NZ Cup. Also some of the french modders do a patch for Top14.[/b]

Thanks Fa'atau82 I have been scanning the forums and in particular your MUP one. I have already downloaded the one from your site in preparation of hopefully buying the game this weekend. Only bummer is it replaces the Super14 teams and being a kiwi that just isn't an option lol.
Is it possible to have the game installed twice on your PC with different databases (Mods) on each of them?
I did this with Rugby League 2 and it worked a treat.

Kuwaiti Kev.. you can play the two games.. when you get the game.. make a copy of the main directory and rename it something. You can have a directory for each mod. You just have to make sure that the one you want has the original directory name. It's all i can offer at this stage. There is a thread about it.

I did the first 17 of the Stormers and hopefully will be able to push for the 22 by tonight.

Who agrees with my south africa squad?

t.mtawarira
j.smit
c. van der linde
b.botha
v.matfield
s.burger
j.smith
j.van niekerk
e.januarie
b.james
b.habana
f.steyn
j. de villiers
jp.pietersen
c.jantkes

subs

s.britz
l.watson
a.bekker
t.chavhanga
f. du preez
r.kankowski
j.fourie

revs

b.mujati
o.ndungane
b.botha
j.nokwe
b.du plessis
b.conradie
a.jacobs
d.rossouw

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (steynboi @ Sep 21 2008, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Who agrees with my south africa squad?

t.mtawarira
j.smit
c. van der linde
b.botha
v.matfield
s.burger
j.smith
j.van niekerk
e.januarie
b.james
b.habana
f.steyn
j. de villiers
jp.pietersen
c.jantkes

subs

s.britz
l.watson
a.bekker
t.chavhanga
f. du preez
r.kankowski
j.fourie

revs

b.mujati
o.ndungane
b.botha
j.nokwe
b.du plessis
b.conradie
a.jacobs
d.rossouw[/b]
Why two? Ones a handful already, getting all rough with everyone, we dont need two :p

does anyone feel like posting a 30 man realistic up to date winter/tri nations test team of australia.

feel free to do so.

Here is the Australia squad from my roster update...

ausft0.jpg

safe i just looked at the aussie squad and saw that savundra did it for me.

Im going to do sale tonight.

Latest posts