• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's UEFA Euro 2016

I feel that I have an obligation to initiate some sort of banter due to being assigned Wales and Wales having topped a group including England (I feel like that would be the Welsh thing to do in this situation).

But really though, whose stupid idea was it to field your second string team in a game that you need to win to avoid playing a decent team? You have defeated the Mighty Welsh on the pitch, but its the position on the end table that counts (although to be fair, Iceland or Portugal haven't been too impressive, although Portugal is always a threat with Ronaldo if he pitches up).

For all the talk of the mighty Welsh being a one man team, we still are scoring goals with all our other players too. Plus the fantastic Bale has scored as many goals as the whole English squad put together. Well done on making it out of the group stages, enjoy getting knocked out at the round of 16!

Okay, I'm done now. That felt unnatural but I had a duty.

Actually, the draw favours England as runners-up. They will play the runner up of group F which is either one of the following; Hungary, Iceland, Portugal or Austria. If I had to pick, I would place my bets on Hungary or Iceland.

Wales on the other hand are likely to be playing; Croatia or Czech and long shots Northern Ireland or even further long shot, Albania.

Now, I would much rather be facing the runner up of group F, which is most certainly the weakest group than playing off against Croatia or Czech.

I think Hodgson didn't mind finishing 1st or 2nd and wanted to rest a few key players and rotate the squad.

Actually, the draw favours England as runners-up. They will play the runner up of group F which is either one of the following; Hungary, Iceland, Portugal or Austria. If I had to pick, I would place my bets on Hungary or Iceland.

Wales on the other hand are likely to be playing; Croatia or Czech and long shots Northern Ireland or even further long shot, Albania.

Now, I would much rather be facing the runner up of group F, which is most certainly the weakest group than playing off against Croatia or Czech.

I think Hodgson didn't mind finishing 1st or 2nd and wanted to rest a few key players and rotate the squad.

I think its either Albania or Czech Republic. Northern Ireland have to beat Germany which is a further long shot in my opinion. Albania already have 4 points, but if the Czechs win I think they have it (better gd). I know nothing of Czech football, and looked at their squad and just see two Arsenal players. I would rather play them than Portugal. (Ronaldo just needs to sort his **** out).

I think its either Albania or Czech Republic. Northern Ireland have to beat Germany which is a further long shot in my opinion. Albania already have 4 points, but if the Czechs win I think they have it (better gd). I know nothing of Czech football, and looked at their squad and just see two Arsenal players. I would rather play them than Portugal. (Ronaldo just needs to sort his **** out).

Northern Ireland only need a draw, because Albania who currently only have 3 points, not 4. Germany aren't too strong currently either, so it's not impossible. Croatia have a high chance of losing to Spain by more than a goal, so Czech could easily surpass them with a victory over Turkey.

Portugal will top their group with a win over Hungary, or finish 3rd place. There's not really a scenario where they can finish runner up, unless Iceland beat Austria by several goals and they only manage to beat Hungary by 1 goal.

So yeah, I'd still rather be England than Wales.

Last edited:
Northern Ireland only need a draw, because Albania who currently only have 3 points, not 4. Germany aren't too strong currently either, so it's not impossible. Croatia have a high chance of losing to Spain by more than a goal, so Czech could easily surpass them with a victory over Turkey.

Portugal will top their group with a win over Hungary, or finish 3rd place. There's not really a scenario where they can finish runner up, unless Iceland beat Austria by several goals and they only manage to beat Hungary by 1 goal.

So yeah, I'd still rather be England than Wales.
England are on the side of the draw with France and Germany now, they might get past Portugal but if they do they're not reaching a final.

England are on the side of the draw with France and Germany now, they might get past Portugal but if they do they're not reaching a final.

I would not be scared of France or Germany. Anyhow, either side of the draw you eventually face very tough opposition.

England just need to remain positive and support their team, too often or not they have already lost in the media and the fan base has already booked tickets home. Never seen such a pessimistic negative fan base in all of sporting history than the one that surrounds the England football team.

The pressure and negativity applied to the manager and players before they even step on the plane to leave to a tournament is astounding, even after topping their Euro qualifying group no worries winning all their matches they're met with complaints and doubt. I feel sorry for them.

I would not be scared of France or Germany. Anyhow, either side of the draw you eventually face very tough opposition.

England just need to remain positive and support their team, too often or not they have already lost in the media and the fan base has already booked tickets home. Never seen such a pessimistic negative fan base in all of sporting history than the one that surrounds the England football team.

The pressure and negativity applied to the manager and players before they even step on the plane to leave to a tournament is astounding, even after topping their Euro qualifying group no worries winning all their matches they're met with complaints and doubt. I feel sorry for them.

TBF I can understand why we are negative.

And sometimes the fans have booked the players tickets home.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/17/engla...p-fundraising-page-to-bring-him-home-5950303/
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/BringRaheemHome
So far they have raised 1344 pounds, the target was 200.

Anyone can see why you're negative, but do you really think that's productive and helps the team?

No, but neither does having your hopes raised and dash.

It is a English mentality. Expect disappointment.

And sometimes the fans have booked the players tickets home.
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/17/engla...p-fundraising-page-to-bring-him-home-5950303/
https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/BringRaheemHome
So far they have raised 1344 pounds, the target was 200.

Pretty Pathetic.

Last edited:
It is a English mentality. Expect disappointment.

This is actually a huge problem in your sports across the board. Not only do the fans have that mentality, the players have it and play like they do.

Wait, did ROI not just get sent home? My pithy comment was kind of predicated on that.
No, win tomorrow and we're through at the expense of NI most likely, anything else and we'll go home. Italy have topped our group already and have said they're playing a second team so we have a puncher's chance to get one more game.

Alright I'll do it again when you lose tomorrow. If we win, I'm a die-hard fan of The Emerald Oisle, sure I am

I think most England fans want that now.

Wales ----> Northern Ireland ---> England ---> ROI --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Scotland
I was talking to you individually, couldn't give a **** about Engerland. I definitely don't want NI getting further than us, do think Wales could get to the final actually, on a very easy side of the draw, Croatia and Belgium are the only contenders with them.

Latest posts