• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's UEFA Euro 2016

Portugal have just reached the QF's without winning a game, first time it has happened in a Euros.

Ireland done it in World Cup in 1990. But yeah before it'd have been next to near impossible to do it in Euro's. Portugal were only 3rd so it does show flaws in a way

Not in normal time. Game was a draw and was won after extra time, it's a technicality but a fun stat all the same.

Indeed, it was won in extra time, but a win nonetheless. The only context I've could imagine this not being considered a win is in a bookie's 90 minute market.

But for the statistics it's still a win. Like in Rugby. Only a penalty shoot-out win counts as a draw.
You're right, commentator incorrectly stated it here and I assumed the rest. Apologies, cool stat of the night must be changed to Portugal continuing their record as the only side to have reached all Euro Quarter final stages in history!

My favourite weird footballing stat is that New Zealand were the only unbeaten team at the 2010 World Cup, IIRC Spain lost to Switzerland.

My favourite weird footballing stat is that New Zealand were the only unbeaten team at the 2010 World Cup, IIRC Spain lost to Switzerland.

I always use that line with footballing fans.

One stat I don't mention though, is we were the team that had the lowest shot and possession count in the tournament also.

Shows what an organized defense can do. Ryan Nelson and Winston Reid were world class.

That one killed my prediction league ! :)
But I still loved it, too !

Love the Icelandic players names, so Viking

Also that clap thing that the crowd do is immense, so much better than the chanting that the English fans are doing.

I'm gutted!
I was going to put a tenner on Iceland (at 3.40) when they went 2-1 up, but bottled it thinking it'd probably end in a draw.

Other than that I'm buzzing, hahahahaha :lol:

Awesome win Iceland. I hadn't been paying much attention to the Euros because I didn't think they'd get anywhere, but now I guess I'll have to start watching.

Latest posts