• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Uli's Rugby 08 Mod Thread

Hey great faces Uli. I was wondering, because my rosters are more like my "dream team" and not really up to date, is there any chance the faces can be released in a face pack or something, as I am a fan of your cyber faces.

Can we get a time when is mup1.2 coming out. Dont want to rush you because you are doing something that not even ea can do. Please tell us a date it is killing me

Hi all.

Some of you might remember me, i.e. Fa'atau and uli, but alot of you might not. I was here when the 'World Cup Patch' was migrated into 'MegaUpdatePatch' and I tested the first beta with Fa'atau. And WOW, things have really advanced. I am downloading the MUP 09 right now, and I can upload gameplay vids too as I have Fraps also. I haven't been on in so long because I was called off to Brisbane, for Fly Emirates (I work for them) and I only got back 2 days ago. So can I just say to everyone who has been involved, GREAT STUFF! Looking forward to the MUP SANZAR too! Hope to see all of you around.

Will

(P.S. Fa'atau, I'm always available for testing and videoing and anything else not graphic-related :D so you can e-mail me at anytime or post a link for me online so I can test your stuff and record it. :) )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William @ Aug 15 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi all.

Some of you might remember me, i.e. Fa'atau and uli, but alot of you might not. I was here when the 'World Cup Patch' was migrated into 'MegaUpdatePatch' and I tested the first beta with Fa'atau. And WOW, things have really advanced. I am downloading the MUP 09 right now, and I can upload gameplay vids too as I have Fraps also. I haven't been on in so long because I was called off to Brisbane, for Fly Emirates (I work for them) and I only got back 2 days ago. So can I just say to everyone who has been involved, GREAT STUFF! Looking forward to the MUP SANZAR too! Hope to see all of you around.

Will

(P.S. Fa'atau, I'm always available for testing and videoing and anything else not graphic-related :D so you can e-mail me at anytime or post a link for me online so I can test your stuff and record it. :) )
[/b]

Wow..so you're a legend here! B) :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dady11 @ Aug 16 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (William @ Aug 15 2009, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

Will

[/b]

Wow..so you're a legend here! B) :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Nah, not quite but I was pretty handy with the game files. Right now, after my business trapping me in Brisbane :locked: it is good to be back. Would like to be involved in any way I can.

Will

haha in the 1:35 sec the face of mcaw in the video is extremely funny xD great news! thanks for include my faces

Hi, i'd like to know where can i find a software to edit teams, players and kits. Cheers

another thing, what do i have to do to install the things you did uli? the bootpack, old version of the MUP, new faces and things like that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bronze @ Aug 21 2009, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
another thing, what do i have to do to install the things you did uli? the bootpack, old version of the MUP, new faces and things like that[/b]

To install the mods... just copy the files in the main directory of EA Sports Rugby 08, where the exe is.

To edit players and teams download Woosaah's editor, check his post.
Cheers

Hey Uli.

Nice work on the MUP. I found a couple of things though, that i need to check.

1. There is no lions Tour, or Lions team available to select (although i had to rename your roster file, so it might work now)
2. A lot of the team have missing minikits. I had a small problem getting the .rar files to unpack, i did it eventually so this might be nothing but some problem on my pc.
3. The roster will not load, and i checked it out and you have named the roster file MUP09, but it has to match the name of it's folder, so i have done that and it should work now.

But all in all, it looks much improved, especially on screens than mine.. i haven't played a game yet, but it's all good here apart from those issues above.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Aug 23 2009, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Uli.

1. There is no lions Tour, or Lions team available to select (although i had to rename your roster file, so it might work now)
2. A lot of the team have missing minikits. I had a small problem getting the .rar files to unpack, i did it eventually so this might be nothing but some problem on my pc.
3. The roster will not load, and i checked it out and you have named the roster file MUP09, but it has to match the name of it's folder, so i have done that and it should work now.

But all in all, it looks much improved, especially on screens than mine.. i haven't played a game yet, but it's all good here apart from those issues above.[/b]

To be released soon then I guess?

Hello ULI85,

I have minor problems with some of your faces because I don't have their number to assign in editor.
Could you give them to me? Thank you for your help.
Here the list:
  • A.RHYS-JONES
  • J.WILKINSON
  • M.PHILLIPS
  • Mau.BERGAMASCO
  • S.PARISSE

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Aug 23 2009, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Uli.

But all in all, it looks much improved, especially on screens than mine.. i haven't played a game yet, but it's all good here apart from those issues above.[/b]

I've made a separate folder where i copy the new additions, so maybe there is something missing, but i've been careful checking all the files.

1. There is no Lions tour because as MUP doesn't have Super 14 teams there is no reason to add the Lions tour because you would only be able to play against the Springboks. But the British & Irish Lions are in the roster with the 2009 squad and kits and avaible to select to play friendly matches.
2. All the minikits seems to be ok in my game. Are you sure you have properly installed MUP previous version? Because 1.2 just updates the old MUP and overwrites some files, but you need the old version to have all the files.
3. Yeah i rename it at the end and didn't notice that. I will rename it again just as "MUP09.ros" and upload it again.

Play some games and let me know your opinion :D

Latest posts