Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
[BLINK]The Official Thread For the 4th Test Of The 2010 Tri Nations![/BLINK]

australial.png

Australia: AA Cooper, J O'Connor, R Horne, B Barnes, D Mitchell, M Giteau, W Genia; R Brown, D Pocock, R Elsom (captain), N Sharpe, D Mumm, S Ma'afu, S Moore, B Robinson.
Replacements: S Faingaa, J Slipper, R Simmons, M Hodgson, L Burgess, A Faingaa, K Beale.

newzealandw.png

New Zealand: M Muliaina, C Jane, C Smith, Ma'a Nonu, J Rokocoko, D Carter, J Cowan, K Read, R McCaw (captain), J Kaino, T Donnelly, B Thorn, O Franks, K Mealamu, T Woodcock.
Replacements: C Flynn, B Franks, S Whitelock, V Vito, P Weepu, A Cruden, I Dagg​

Last edited:
Interesting to see that Giteau is at 10 and Barnes at 12. Remember back in the day when Deans thought of Barnes more of a 10 and Giteau as a 12?

Ab's will take it home, pity Cowan is back in the squad. He couldn't really convince me and Weepu played just awesome. Well Weepu deserves some rest.

pity Cowan is back in the squad. He couldn't really convince me and Weepu played just awesome. Well Weepu deserves some rest.

You know I always thought these two were NZs finest halfbacks and should have always been there ahead of Leonard. Leonard is in fine form when playing super rugby but I see him struggling when playing for the blacks. Leonard is a very good mobile, speedy type halfback but I dont know what it is but Leonard doesnt do for the ABs what he does for the chiefs. I dont hate Leonard hes part of the entertainment when you watch the dynamite chiefs backline, often scoring brilliant tries I just hope we see that from him on the international stage.

However in Weepu and Cowan the ABs are spoilt for halfbacks.

would have thought the new rules would have suited leonards game, ive always rated him

This is a close one to call. I don't know if Aus were good last week or SA just sucked a big one. NZ 22-10.

You know I always thought these two were NZs finest halfbacks and should have always been there ahead of Leonard. Leonard is in fine form when playing super rugby but I see him struggling when playing for the blacks. Leonard is a very good mobile, speedy type halfback but I dont know what it is but Leonard doesnt do for the ABs what he does for the chiefs. I dont hate Leonard hes part of the entertainment when you watch the dynamite chiefs backline, often scoring brilliant tries I just hope we see that from him on the international stage.

However in Weepu and Cowan the ABs are spoilt for halfbacks.

True, but the two games that Cowan played against SA, he didn't look like being in a good form.

I actually hope the wallabies win this as theyre my fav SH team because of their back line, but without Cooper at 10 it doesn't look like happening. NZ are a lot better team the SA atm so wallabies will have a tough game on their hands so im going for NZ to win by 7

Ab's will take it home, pity Cowan is back in the squad. He couldn't really convince me and Weepu played just awesome. Well Weepu deserves some rest.

The reality of the way the game is played at this level now is that a scrum-half can't usually play the full 80. Therefore, both scrum-halves are likely to get playing time.

IMO, Weepu and Cowan are about on a par with each other when on form, but Weepu is a better impact player, so I think it makes more sense for him to come on about 50-60 minutes into the game.

Additionally, Weepu has missed 60% of the training time in Australia so he won't be up to speed on the game plan.

I think NZ leaving Andy Ellis out is criminal.

I may be a Crusaders supporter, but even I recognise that he is not up to it at the moment. Alby Mathewson is well ahead of him as the third scrum-half.

AHA! Cheers smartcookie I knew I'd get someone!! Andy Ellis is SSSSSSHHHHHHHIIITTTTT!!!!!
Waaap waaappp!!!
Taraa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I think it will be a nine point win to the All Blacks.
I think Aus will score first through a penalty, then the ABs will streak away to a 15-20 point lead, only to have Aus come back at them, but then Carter will put beyond doubt with 10 to go.

Hows that for a concise prediction?! ;)