• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm tired of all this "harsh sending off" nonsense.. It wasn't harsh it was damn near fair and if you guys can't see that because you're all whining about losing again and searching for excuses then I think you need to pick a new favourite sport.

This is f****** rugby god damn it.

What I am surprised I haven't seen brought up yet was that the incident took place after the whistle had blown.
The fact that you shouldn't be kicking/slapping a player during gameplay is enough for you guys to realise that if you mess up willingly, expect consequences.
The whistle had been blown, McCaw's attention wasn't even on Roussouw, but Roussouw decided to kick McCaw and slap his face like a shoolyard bully and then try to be the big tough man by grabbing McCaw around the collar and shoving him like he's trying to prove he's an alpha male or something and not expect any consequences.

In my eyes, you don't go doing things like that especially when they are completely unnecessary.

As for everyone crying about the damn thing and saying it costs them the game[not saying it outright but pretty much along the same lines]grow the f*** up.

Now to the game,
I love the South Africans I really do, and I tried so hard not to praise the All Blacks last week because I expected some brilliance from the South Africans in the second test but I have to say, they were completely blown out of the water.
Great ball retention from the AB's, the in your face defence was awesome and at some points I was a little nervous for an offside call but however it worked out good. I have been one who has favoured the "run the ball from the 22" since the old days when Cullen used to do it alot and I have always called the "kick the ball from the 22" a boring version of the game. I am very happy that the All Blacks game plan is to keep the ball in hand and run it instead of give the opposition back posession.

Ranger, I had high hopes for you bro, but I think the decision to drop you at the moment is a good one. Work on your game more and come back a better player. I think he had a good game, but I know he can do alot more.
Read, Continues to impress me considering I've never liked the guy as a player. He has convinced me he is New Zealands first choice number 8.
Nonu, another good game, constantly drawing in both centres and freeing up space for the next, ultra quick phase. One thing I don't like about Nonu though, is, he does this, three step sort of thing right before he hits the line. It's like he bounces from side to side, losing momentum at the same time. But it draws in the defenders so I guess its good for him.
Weepu, MOTM, enough said.
Dagg, Comes on, breaks through Burger, Spies, Aplon, bursts passed Kirchner and dives smoothly passed Bekker to score a world class try. Something the game has been missing for years.
Mealamu, I consider the best hooker around at the moment, he is at top form and looking real good.

Kirchner, continues to surprise me, I haven't watched him closely through the Super 14, so I have known nothing about him except the negative comments on TRF but, he proves you guys wrong once again with a sublime effort. With more experience I think he will build to become a world class player.
Pienaar, Comes on and changes the game, did anyone else notice that if the Boks played how they did when he came on, the game could have possibly gone the Boks way?
Januarie, I'm going to go against the grain here and say that Januarie had a better game than some of you's are letting up. Considering the rest of the Bokke team were below average, Januarie produced a couple good runs including fending Brad Thorn into the ground, spinning out of another tackle and running into a few more All Black defenders. I bet you can't say the beloved Morne Steyn can fend Thorn into the ground. Also, he put De Villiers in space to set up the try to Roussouw yet no one is praising him for that[i skimmed through the thread so if someone did please excuse me] But in saying that, He did produce some scratchy areas of play and Pienaar brought alot more to the table than he did.
Burger, showed true leadership in setting up his own try and that is what these Boks are missing, Leadership. No one is leading this team therefore there is no path set for them to follow. But in saying that, it's about all the leading he did within the 80mins.

Habana, is it just me or has Habana been ineffective in these passed two tests?
Spies, has played very bad considering he had an awesome Super 14

Last edited:
fire-celebrity-sports-mma-cats-videogames-tv-tunnel-spam-tro-demotivational-poster-1213489375.jpg

I bet new rules favoured all blacks
what do you guys rekon??
cheers

1. I reckon you can't spell "reckon" (sorry Cymro. It had to be said, and I couldn't resist)

2. There aren't any "Rules" there are "Laws"

3. And there are no new Laws, they're the same as they were last year.

Last edited:
I posted this earlier in the thread...

2min 10 in

Sorry dude... Haven't exactly read all 37 pages of the thread. haha

Thanks for this man. Much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
1. I reckon you can't spell "reckon" (sorry Cymro. It had to be said, and I couldn't resist)

2. There aren't any "Rules" there are "Laws"

3. And there are no new Laws, they're the same as they were last year.

notices you edited your post.. i hope it wasn't to correct any misspelling. I know I do that heaps and end up editing it to fix the typo's.

I just saw the highlights and noticed a great effort from Januarie..
McCaw made a break down the left hand side of the field, Januarie made the tackle and it was very quick ball spread right across to the right side of the field where Nonu scores his try and Januarie is quicker than 2/3's of the Bok's to try and stop Nonu from scoring. He actually looks like the only Springbok actually trying to prevent the try,

Then the try Roussouw scores, he gives the dummy and is tackled while giving the offload to JDV.. JDV storms towards the tryline and is tackle just before the line, within an instant Januarie is there ready to give Roussouw the pass to score their first try...

I think alot of you overlook Januarie's efforts and the work he does put in and use his wide but short body as an excuse for you guys to bag on him.

Ok, First, that try came from a set play, meaning Januarie didn't have to 'get there' as he was already there because of the line-out. He finished well, but that's all he did the entire game. The problem is with open play. He just can't get to the rucks in time for us to have quick ball, and keep the momentum flowing. Numerous counterrucks occurred because there was nobody there to distribute. When Pienaar came on, after every tackle the ball was distributed, and suddenly it was New Zealand who were struggling to keep up with the pace.

Why does everyone think i said that if we had Fourie du Preez, the Boks would be a different team? Because he is THAT GOOD. Nobody is questioning Januaries tenacity or spirit. It's his fitness that's the problem. He cant keep up. Simple as that.

Regarding the yellow card post of yours, if you classify that as a 'slap and a kick' then Rangers shoulder charge was a Hey-maker with intent to murder and decapitate. It was a friendly nudge, and his leg made contact with nothing apart from one or two MaCaw arm hairs. It was a harsh decision. Take off the NZ goggles and look at reality. If that was one of your players sent off like that, you would feel the same. Ranger should have been carded, and JDV should also have been carder for a blatant Spear tackle, but somehow the ref thought Rossouw's incident was worse. Whatever.

Ok, First, that try came from a set play, meaning Januarie didn't have to 'get there' as he was already there because of the line-out. He finished well, but that's all he did the entire game. The problem is with open play. He just can't get to the rucks in time for us to have quick ball, and keep the momentum flowing. Numerous counterrucks occurred because there was nobody there to distribute. When Pienaar came on, after every tackle the ball was distributed, and suddenly it was New Zealand who were struggling to keep up with the pace.

Why does everyone think i said that if we had Fourie du Preez, the Boks would be a different team? Because he is THAT GOOD. Nobody is questioning Januaries tenacity or spirit. It's his fitness that's the problem. He cant keep up. Simple as that.

Regarding the yellow card post of yours, if you classify that as a 'slap and a kick' then Rangers shoulder charge was a Hey-maker with intent to murder and decapitate. It was a friendly nudge, and his leg made contact with nothing apart from one or two MaCaw arm hairs. It was a harsh decision. Take off the NZ goggles and look at reality. If that was one of your players sent off like that, you would feel the same. Ranger should have been carded, and JDV should also have been carder for a blatant Spear tackle, but somehow the ref thought Rossouw's incident was worse. Whatever.

Ignoring the Roussow buisness, Rangers tackle should not have been a card, and it shouldn't have been a penalty. He hit Kirchner in the chest with his right arm out ready to wrap around, he hit the guy so hard that he bounced backwards at 100kph and he was unable to get his arm around in time, there is nothing wrong with that at all the intent to wrap was there. He made a brilliant, hard and honest front on tackle. It ain't tiddly winks.

How much do you wanna bet that if it was an SA player that had done that, he would have been sent off? I guarantee you if it was one of our players he would have been carded. Also, based on Rossouw's card, clearly, rugby is tiddly winks.

Last edited:
How much do you wanna bet that if it was an SA player that had done that, he would have been sent off? I guarantee you if it was one of our players he would have been carded. Also, based on Rossouw's card, clearly, rugby is tiddly winks.

Just as the South African players got sent off for the blatant high-tackle and spear-tackle? Oh wait they didn't get sent off for these offenses.....

Just as the South African players got sent off for the blatant high-tackle and spear-tackle? Oh wait they didn't get sent off for these offenses.....

Exactly. Rene Ranger's tackle wasn't even illegle! The other two were and not even a penalty was given for those!

Rene Ranger made an effort to make the tackle with both arms around. Look at the replay if you don't believe me! It was not a sholder charge, despite what the SA commentators were on about. There is no law against Rene Ranger's tackle, so NZ were hard done by even getting penalised, however there is a clear rule against high shots, spear tackles and kicks on the ground, only one of which was penalised and received a yellow card. Seeing as Rene Ranger's takcle was pulled up by the touch judge, and the recomendation given was not a yellow card, and just a penalty, it shows that's it's not even Rolan's fault that the AB's got penalised, or that no card was given.

You guys are missing the point. I want to know how Danie Rossouw was sent off for what he did, but JDV and Ranger weren't. Honestly, it should have been the other way around. Ranger tried to use his arms, but ended up not. Ergo, it was a shoulder charge. Not deliberate, but still dangerous. BOD did a similar thing last year in that incident with Danie Rossouw. I'm just saying that if you think Danie deserved a yellow card for that, then you are an idiot. It was a 'calm down' talk at best. You guys just don't understand how frustrating it is when your team starts out with all sorts of hunger and intent, and then BAM, someone gets sent off for something ridiculous like that. Ref should have handled it better. It was a big game, with big tension, and he wanted the spotlight. That yellow was NOT fair.

But that's my opinion.

You guys are missing the point. I want to know how Danie Rossouw was sent off for what he did, but JDV and Ranger weren't. Honestly, it should have been the other way around. Ranger tried to use his arms, but ended up not. Ergo, it was a shoulder charge. Not deliberate, but still dangerous. BOD did a similar thing last year in that incident with Danie Rossouw. I'm just saying that if you think Danie deserved a yellow card for that, then you are an idiot. It was a 'calm down' talk at best. You guys just don't understand how frustrating it is when your team starts out with all sorts of hunger and intent, and then BAM, someone gets sent off for something ridiculous like that. Ref should have handled it better. It was a big game, with big tension, and he wanted the spotlight. That yellow was NOT fair.

But that's my opinion.

Raised his hands to McCaw's eyes ...

Jeez, it's like a primary school here man. *****ing and pointing fingers in stead of talking about the match.

@darwin: JdV got a ban for 2 weeks, Rossouw got sent off after 3 minutes. Why are you *****ing about it? Punishment was handed out, easy as that. Ranger's tackle was not obviously wrong but it raises doubt. McCaw's warnings without being sent off is also something you can agree with or disagree with. The ref could have given a card there especially compared to the easily given card for Rossouw. I am not saying McCaw should have definitely been sent off or that Rossouw's card was unfair. The fact is that both cases were similar in severity and i that case you should either sent off both or give both a warning.

Anyway, that didn't have any effect on the outcome of the match. You guys were better in every aspect of the game in both matches. The only time we were able to do some damage was when Pienaar came on for Januarie and Aplon for JdV.

There's 2 reasons we lost and you guys won.

1: Our coach is a impotant prick without any knowledge of the game which messed up our team
2. You guys played awesome rugby with a lot of variety which killed the Springboks

Raised his hands to McCaw's eyes ...

Uh, no he didn't. He gave him a slight push in the face. It's just the NH that has a fettish with gouging, since the Lions incident. Oh wait, that ref was Irish wasn't he? Nevermind. Found my explanation. That took longer than expected! Thanks Cymro.

I think we lost because New Zealand are a better team than us. Simple as that. I'm not saying they have better individual players than us, because i don't think so. But they are a far better coached, and well-rounded team than we are. This New Zealand side has the potential to be unstoppable. It's the perfect mix of youth and experience.

Last edited:
Uh, no he didn't. He gave him a slight push in the face. It's just the NH that has a fettish with gouging, since the Lions incident. Oh wait, that ref was Irish wasn't he? Nevermind. Found my explanation. That took longer than expected! Thanks Cymro.

I think we lost because New Zealand are a better team than us. Simple as that. I'm not saying they have better individual players than us, because i don't think so. But they are a far better coached, and well-rounded team than we are. This New Zealand side has the potential to be unstoppable. It's the perfect mix of youth and experience.

At 54 seconds, hand look like it makes contact / attempt to make contact with the eye.

Sigh. Ok man. Whatever you say. I'm over it.

Definitely a card, twas a sneaky gouge/slap he thought he'd get away with. Fair play to the ref/touch judge for spotting it.

But that's my opinion.

I think the majority of posters have suggested that Rossouws sending off was harsh (me included), however it doesn't mean that the ref had a vendetta against South Africa. I know that you are (understandably) ****** of that Rossouw got sent of off (I'm sure I would be too if an All Black got sent off in similar circumstances), but one (arguably) wrong decision doesn't indicate to me that the ref would more likely send off a South African than a New Zealand player.

Jeez, it's like a primary school here man. *****ing and pointing fingers in stead of talking about the match.

@darwin: JdV got a ban for 2 weeks, Rossouw got sent off after 3 minutes. Why are you *****ing about it? Punishment was handed out, easy as that. Ranger's tackle was not obviously wrong but it raises doubt. McCaw's warnings without being sent off is also something you can agree with or disagree with. The ref could have given a card there especially compared to the easily given card for Rossouw. I am not saying McCaw should have definitely been sent off or that Rossouw's card was unfair. The fact is that both cases were similar in severity and i that case you should either sent off both or give both a warning.

You completely missed the point. Jer1cho stated unequivocally that a South African player had done the same things as Ranger he would have been sent off - I simply pointed out that two South African players performed very similar acts (dangerous tackles) and were not sent off! There was no *****ing at all in my part.....

JdV was suspended for that dangerous tackle, Ranger got away with it. That's Jericho's point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts