• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies 28 vs All Blacks 49, July 31st 2010, Fourth Tri Nations Test FT

It was perfectly legitimate, as he was not brought down on his head / rotated / inverted 180 degrees downwards.

Also, there was no lifting. Legs came off the ground, but the player was not lifted higher than what he was already, nor was he as you say rotated. He was brought down in a sideways fashion, no part of the upper torso was in any way pointing towards the ground.

Good game both teams All Blacks obviously better Wallabies coming back strong with 28 points, it sets up for interesting game this coming week.

Only saw the last try. ABs heading down the left touch - Whitelock a bit slow, some bad decisions - "Oh, they should've scored!" - camera pans to right touch - ten man overlap in black shirts!

Is this truly a great AB team?

All Blacks usually are a 'great' team IMO but I know what you mean shtove and I guess it'll be judged by next weeks game. If they can back up their performance or do better than the previous game than I'd say they are the top team for 2010.

Ok so, I have only seen a bit of highlights, but NZ deserved to win they were a bit more clinical. Obviously the Red Card didn't help the Aussies but it was right. Mitchell committed 2 separate Yellow Card offences and deserved the Red. In fact I applaud Joubert for doing so as most refs wouldn't have issued a card for the touchline incident but, by the letter of the law, it was technically a sin-bin.

Highlights Package

Last edited by a moderator:
All Blacks usually are a 'great' team IMO but I know what you mean shtove and I guess it'll be judged by next weeks game. If they can back up their performance or do better than the previous game than I'd say they are the top team for 2010.
I haven't seen much of them this season.

Just looked at the highlights vid, and they don't seem to have a great pattern of play - it's just they keep scoring! Corey Jane's chip ahead for the second try was a beauty.

The one thing I wonder about is their defence. They shipped 4 (actually 5) tries to a weak Irish side, and some of those Aus tries were poor.

For the hell of it, I'm going to say England are the best bet (not favourites) for the RWC. They have the power and defence, and I can't believe they won't find a try-scoring method.

That should keep NZers chewing their toenails!

Just looked at the highlights vid, and they don't seem to have a great pattern of play - it's just they keep scoring! Corey Jane's chip ahead for the second try was a beauty.

The one thing I wonder about is their defence. They shipped 4 (actually 5) tries to a weak Irish side, and some of those Aus tries were poor.

For the hell of it, I'm going to say England are the best bet (not favourites) for the RWC. They have the power and defence, and I can't believe they won't find a try-scoring method.

I saw England and Australia's two tests not so long ago both tests were a good watch. England do have good power and good defence, wouldnt bet against their chances in the world cup.

Congrats to Richie and the boys last night. The 2010 AB's are turning into one of the greatest AB teams. The next hurdle is to beat the Bok on their own soil...a real possibility now.

If it wasn't for our continuing failures at world cups i would totally flame you right now. The AB's are clearly the best team in the world right now( need i point out that Eng drew 1-1 with Aus ) even most Aussies must admit the Aussies look unlikely to get within ten points of the AB's this year and Eng would be lucky to stay within Twenty.

If you would like to end your ignorance heres what the AB's this year have done against opposition England struggles to beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v+mR2OOjC0yRM
I didn't think the All Blacks played very well, mainly opportunist tries. Would have been a really competition if Cooper were playing

If you would like to end your ignorance heres what the AB's this year have done against opposition England struggles to beat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v+mR2OOjC0yRM
I didn't think the All Blacks played very well, mainly opportunist tries. Would have been a really competition if Cooper were playing

Your youtube link doesn't work!

EDIT: OK, fixed it for you

The only criticism I have of this video is, I wish they would just leave the commentary alone instead of overdubbing it with that f**king horrible screeching noise which is allegedly supposed to be trying to pass itself off as "music"!

Last edited by a moderator:
Love how gyppos show up here and label established and highly knowledgeable members 'ignorant'.

Love how gyppos show up here and label established and highly knowledgeable members 'ignorant'.
Well if you make an ignorant statement like "and they don't seem to have a great pattern of play - it's just they keep scoring! " Then you deserve to be called ignorant.The fact of the matter is if he thinks the English are close to the AB's then he is completely ignorant of Rugby reality. This will be proven once again on the End of year tour where history suggests we will go unbeaten.

He even admits to being ignorant "i haven't seen much of them this season".

Last edited:

Latest posts