• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who Will Lose Out To Sonny Bill Williams?

McAlistair will be the one to miss out, the history between him and Henry make it an obvious choice.

That said, SBW is utter shite at Union and will be shown up big time for the one trick pony he really is just as soon as he attempts his cocky ********, one handed crashball game infront of more TV camera then he's ever experienced. Then he'll go running back to the NRL with his tail between his legs to a heroes welcome.

Love your work Bullitt. Couldnt have said it better. Hes a damn good nrl player but not my cuppa T as a union player.

so you usually argue for 10 pages about possible All Black selections?

C'sera sera what ever will be will be ... I'm a SH dude, living in the NH ...i'm not pro or anti SBH, but feel I have the right to comment on this (or any other) forum, just as anybody else has

Unless any of us are All Black selectors, our opinions aren't going to matter much as to whether SBW gets a shot at making the ABs or not anyway, so I can't really see that it makes any difference where you are from to be honest.

I would eventually like to comment on some of the NH forums, once i know a bit more about the players etc, and hope that my posts will be judge on what they say,not where i'm from

Its not a matter of being wrong or right bates. What it is, is what Ive said all along. I support SBW and hope he does well, others have seen him play and feel that he wont be that good. I never said SBW WILL be the amazing or anything like that I just simply hope he does well, thats it.

I respect that

sbw is quite slow though isnt he, ive never really seen him gallop

He's definitely not winger fast, but remember he is a big man. That's the reason why he can only play center. If it was me tp decide though I'll play him at 13, not 12.

He's definitely not winger fast, but remember he is a big man. That's the reason why he can only play center. If it was me tp decide though I'll play him at 13, not 12.

Not likely that they'd play him at 13 as there seems to be more depth there at the moment ... but who knows, they may try to use him as a utility, and play him off the bench ... assuming he gets selected :)

He's out for another week...

He's missing half the NPC, this is just taking the **** now.

He's far from slow. I think he will be awesome after watching his try's and highlights from Toulon on youtube. With more experience, good coaching and competition down here he will bring to the table some serious attacking threat. He will be a great runner in set moves hitting the ball at pace or committing defenders as a dummy runner or ball carrier freeing space around him. He seems to have a great eye for a gap and good running/stepping and fend also his offloading is phenomenal and unlike some **** french club the Crusaders and AB's will know how to use it. He will pose a constant threat when he runs with intent and with hopefully have that aimless wandering around behind the advantage line from League coached out of him and as long as his distribution is good he would bring a lot to an All Black backline

Last edited:
Im hoping thats the case woody I want to see that too brother. I really like to see him do well and be able to bring the entertainment to the ITM that he brought to the NRL. I know its a different game and all the other comparisons, I already know. I just hope the best for him.

He's far from slow. I think he will be awesome after watching his try's and highlights from Toulon on youtube. With more experience, good coaching and competition down here he will bring to the table some serious attacking threat. He will be a great runner in set moves hitting the ball at pace or committing defenders as a dummy runner or ball carrier freeing space around him. He seems to have a great eye for a gap and good running/stepping and fend also his offloading is phenomenal and unlike some **** french club the Crusaders and AB's will know how to use it. He will pose a constant threat when he runs with intent and with hopefully have that aimless wandering around behind the advantage line from League coached out of him and as long as his distribution is good he would bring a lot to an All Black backline

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes any credibility your post had.

Also, that video is nothing special. I mean look at the first two clips: The first a try that anyone with two legs and who can run in a straight line could've scored, then the second an illegal hit that he should've been carded for. Watching the whole video, all of his tackles were shoulder barges.

Last edited:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes the any credibility your opinion on SB had, maybe the first one was a shoulder charge though he did attempt to wrap his arms, the rest were obviously legal.

Of course any back could have scored that try, but that was his first I think and that vid is just made up of stuff from other clips already on youtube. It presents a good argument for his potential anyway even if it is everything he did in two seasons, Henry and co. can make it happen for them every game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes the any credibility your opinion on SB had, maybe the first one was a shoulder charge though he did attempt to wrap his arms, the rest were obviously legal.
2.27 - Shoulder - doesn't attempt to wrap
2.45 - Marginal. Definately hits with the shoulder and nothing else - his arm is hanging out so it looks like he's attempting to wrap but it doesn't actually move

He's a lot like Shontayne Hape in defence - shoulder barges everywhere, but never seems to get called up on it. If he'd been playing in this Trinations then a suspension would certainly be coming his way

first one he hits with his shoulder and arm and swings round as if to wrap but the player got knocked back and his other arm was grabbing in the other one he wrapped low with his right arm his left sort of wrapped. I'm sure he would have been carded if he did that in this years 3N but so would a gentle push, if you can't tackle like that any more you can't really tackle hard at all without risking the player bouncing off your shoulder too quickly and getting carded

Latest posts