• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

09/07/2022 = Victory Day for the Northern Hemisphere

Tooting Carmen

First XV
TRF Legend
For the very first time ever, today all four British Isles teams beat all four Southern Hemisphere teams away. This is truly a historic moment and, especially with France hosting next year's World Cup, makes me more hopeful of an NH victory in it than for a long time. Particular congratulations must of course go to Ireland and Wales for their historic wins.

The hungover Irish will not be happy with being called part of the British Isles (even if it is geographically correct, no matter how much they try and make British and Irish Isles happen)

For the very first time ever, today all four British Isles teams beat all four Southern Hemisphere teams away. This is truly a historic moment and, especially with France hosting next year's World Cup, makes me more hopeful of an NH victory in it than for a long time. Particular congratulations must of course go to Ireland and Wales for their historic wins.
You just made my list, Brit

A good day for the NH. Next week will be interesting in itself, but guess this is also all pointing to a potentially very open RWC.

Right now, Fra has the most ducks in a row having done exactly what we've criticised Jones for in openly targeting the RWC. Difference being it's a home RWC, they were in a mess (we weren't after 19), they identified the young talent early and stuck with it, and are now on a 10 match winning streak.

I loved last weekend but for the sake of the sport I wouldn't mind a SH sweep this weekend. It won't help my limited interest in EOYTs if they turn into no contests. SA have solid long term foundations but I think the other three are in really challenging circumstances and it would be sad to see them slip significantly.

20220711_120242.jpg

The NH got a big dose of hopium after this round. This is becoming a trend now every two years out from the WC.

Nothing like playing in the rugby championship vs your rival knowing your sporting integrity is being questioned because you lost historic games vs the NH teams. You were getting ready for a lot of injuries.

Must say its a big milestone beating all the SH sides on the same day in their own backyards.

Latest posts