• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] Australia vs France (3rd Test)

So, Will Skelton: 6 foot 8 inch, 22 stone; a beast by all accounts. Have the Wallabies found their long term version of Bakkies Botha? Someone who can push in the scrum and re-enforce the tight head prop. I was impressed with this raw talent when the Lions beat the Waratahs last year.

But, I noticed his lack of mobility, lack of being a line out option and his lack of stamina; he looked exhausted when he came off on 56 mins v France. It will interesting how McKensie manages him in the next year or so.

Lack of line-out option is the only real issue there imo. He's actually surprisingly agile for a big man, so I don't see that as a big issues, and his stamina can be improved on, but for the time being having him play for 50 mins in big matches and draw in 3 or 4 tacklers every time he gets the ball will be worth his line-out and stamina deficiencies. The pass he made to put Folau through was a great example of why he's so useful - the opposition always thinks he's going to just ram them, so when he passes there are often gaping holes for the recipient to run onto.

It's ridiculous Will Skelton is the smaller brother...

Yes. There's something wrong about him still being up there, we've finished 4th, 6th and then 4th again at the 6N. Not very French like, historically. There must be something political, that he's still there. We'll ride him til the end of the RWC, at least.

:lol: best. Troll work. On this website. Ever. This post is a work of art. It attempts to be logical and all, but it's pure abstract art. Sam Owen, don't ever stop posting on this thread, please. I'm not upset, but if you're upset I'm upset for being upset. You contradict yourself when you say that you're upset, but then Top 14 games are a higher level than H Cup internationals. I'm not upset. You seem upset, mate ? Listen, you contradict yourself by contradicting what I've said as you've said that internationals are a higher standard than I'm upset because you're inconsistent with your upsetness. It's okay bro, relax. I'm not upset ! You seem upset dude, just relax.

Upset.
The post is not for you Ewi lol. Please learn to read. Its between me and Frenchfan. Please sit down.

Do you find my post abstract? Lol its plain and easy to understand.

You should be banned from our forum cos youre just childish and you get a kick outta of being a WUM. I feel sorry for you. You always come across immature. Just calm down and try to be mature Ewi or Yoe91, you probably have 2 accounts but who does that? Id say you would just because youre too into this forum, its the only thing you look forward too when you jump online. For me, this forum is how I kill time at work. For you, its everything. Please get a life Ewi.

Last edited:
The post is not for you Ewi lol. Please learn to read. Its between me and Frenchfan. Please sit down.

Do you find my post abstract? Lol its plain and easy to understand

wow...pretty embarrassed right now I must say. I really wouldn't have bet money on you knowing what "abstract" meant...+1 for you. And I don't want to sit down, I'm lying on my bed, caressing my stomach softly as I type this intermittently between the typing.

wow...pretty embarrassed right now I must say. I really wouldn't have bet money on you knowing what "abstract" meant...+1 for you. And I don't want to sit down, I'm lying on my bed, caressing my stomach softly as I type this intermittently between the typing.

I wouldnt bet you knew that google can explain the meaning of things. Sounds like that never crossed your mind. Its a bit dumb not to know people can google things on the net especially when youre always on the net. Thats just like duh didnt you know you can do that.

Too easy mate lol

I wouldnt bet you knew that google can explain the meaning of things. Sounds like that never crossed your mind. Its a bit dumb not to know people can google things on the net especially when youre always on the net. Thats just like duh didnt you know you can do that.

Too easy mate lol

you've got to be kidding me....:lol: so you did look :p

you've got to be kidding me....:lol:
No really, it's so dumb you couldn't figure that people can get meanings of words via google so you shouldn't even try to put down other TRF posters by whether or not they know meanings of words. 'Duh, they can get it off google, didn't that cross your abstract mind?' Lol.

You're too easy mate.

No really, it's so dumb you couldn't figure that people can get meanings of words via google so you shouldn't even try to put down other TRF posters by whether or not they know meanings of words. 'Duh, they can get it off google, didn't that cross your abstract mind?' Lol.

You're too easy mate.

:huh:...this is gold...he's miles away from seeing it. Must be those reputed Samoan genes.

:huh:...this is gold...he's miles away from seeing it. Must be those reputed Samoan genes.
Mate are you being racist? I'll do me and so many of your haters here at TRF and let the moderators know. You shouldn't be here, you're making others want to leave the forum. Others who have been more mature and have been here longer than you.

Mate are you being racist? I'll do me and so many of your haters here at TRF and let the moderators know. You shouldn't be here, you're making others want to leave the forum. Others who have been more mature and have been here longer than you.

dude, are you upset ? I'm not being racist at all dude, I'm just playing with you. You said it yourself, "Samoan genes". I didn't make that comment, I'm just paraphrasing and slightly modifying the angle within a more comedic context. You seem upset all of a sudden talking about racism and maturity, and being on TRF for a long time and what not. Dude, please, I'm not trolling here. Relax. You seem upset and I didn't mean for you to be, I'm just replying to what you give me. I'm just here talking about the AUS FRA test 3 as I duly should.

Read your post above. Can't you see it. Your clearly made a racist remark. That could see you banned. We don't want there here, just leave our forum and join the kids one. This is for men

Lads, take it to PMs if you are going to keep arguing. Any further O/T posts will be removed.

Sam Owen, your inbox is full. I agree with Draggs, sorry about this I shouldn't lower myself this way.

I meant to talk about the scrums for France:
it's very unclear what's been happening to our scrum lately. And I'm getting mixed thoughts about Thomas Domingo who can put in a good shift and be dominant, but then look completely powerless. Nicolas Mas I'm guessing is just entirely burnt out, and the new rules, plus age...
Debaty, same as Domingo at LH. He's so-so. Then there's Menini who's also in a very mixed situation result-wise.
On the right, Slimani has been mediocre at test level, strange considering the results he gets in the Top14 there against top looseheads.

It's like even the scrum, something that has always worked out for us and has nothing to do with coaching, has deteriorated as quickly as everything else for France.

Read the posts Draggs. Everyone here hates this guy, here's just immature and racist. Is racism accepted here on TRF? He's just a boy ruining for long time posters such as myself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's from another forum sent here to sabotage this one.

Report posts containing such material and the staff will look into it (this goes for everybody).
We try to cover most threads, but things get missed.

And please don't just bicker via PM. Just sort it out or call it a day with the argument. If you need to, just put each other on ignore.
Thanks, any further concerns please contact myself or any other staffmember.

Also, I understand Aussie or NZ or wtvr fans don't have time for the Top 14, but the team I just 'assembled' there in my previous post - if you have watched some Top 14, and know what these guys can do on their own, you'd understand how depressing France Rugby is right now. The potential is sickening, but I'm sure almost everyone supporting France is over it. We've accepted how things are, and don't even think about potential anymore. But we do love our players, and want to see them play their best, i.e. in a team that taps into their full potential, with coaches who use them properly. Hence, we watch Top 14, club Rugby :p

I'm not going to watch this match btw. Just the highlights later on. I'm spending my free time watching NZ ENG, and SA WAL later on. That tells you smt. And it's not because Australia won largely, I wouldn't watch if it had been a 10 point game.

You are wrong

1- I love the Top 14! I'm a Toulouse's supporter since long time ago, you know that. I see many Top 14's games per year. You've seen me talking in Top 14's threads. Of course, I'll never have the knowledge such as an French rugby supporter about their own country as you or Tony but I follow the French rugby.

2- Any Aussie, Bok or Kiwi fan would like to see the Top 14 because many former All Blacks, former Boks and former Wallabies play there as: Luke McAlister, Carl Hayman, Matt Giteau, Bakkies Botha, Hosea Gear, Digby Ioane, Morne Steyn, Rene Ranger, Steenkamp, Sivivatu and others.

Last edited:
I didn't mean that as in you, Conrad, didn't watch any Top 14. I meant "if one watches Top 14, then one understands how good the France players can be (within a well oiled machine").
As for you contributing on the T14 threads...err, well not really...would gladly see you more often but, just, not really...

And point 2: well the fact of the matter is, no, kiwis, Aussies and Saffas don't watch Top 14 Rugby. There's always the odd curious mind, like our very own stormer, but having all those players still hasn't made a considerable difference in those SH fans watching us. It's understandable, I guess...but I'm sure that'll change when Boudjellal buys out the entire All-Blacks squad. Kiwis will just HAVE to watch us then.

Latest posts