• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2014 Mid-Year Test] South Africa vs Wales (1st Test)

Boks finally have some fast & skilled back that they are willing to use once in a while. This will make them tough for the ABs because the Boks have the usual big & physical forwards. ABs usually find a way to win. :D

dude, I'm so far from trying to hurt anybody's feelings and so not in the mood for the pettiest fkng "my dad is bigger than yours" 10yo internet arguments, you have no clue. Just stating it as it is. Wales have no chance, France doesn't either for that matter, at the next RWC.
Ireland is good and brilliantly coached but they'll just shrink again come RWC time and will feel lucky to make it to the semis.
The All-Blacks are great but not great enough, they lack power up front and will be upset again next year.
England are really good and building and will get better in the finer details and props to them, the gods are on their side, they're at home and will advance easily from the pools.

But nothing beats power in modern Rugby, and the Springboks aren't losing to anyone at the RWC. Too simple, too big, too consistent. The AB are the only side who can beat them at the RWC but tbh I'd like to see what NZ can manage against the Boks in August. I'm picking the Boks.

Just wondering, why is it your opinion that Ireland will shrink come the world cup?
Lucky to make the semi's? To be honest Ireland are probably favourites to beat France in the pool at the minute - if we do that then we have Argentina in the quarters. I'd say we've got a pretty decent chance of reaching the semi's then.

"But nothing beats power in modern Rugby, and the Springboks aren't losing to anyone at the RWC. Too simple, too big, too consistent."

Tell that to the SA squad of last year who were well beaten twice last year home and away by the All Blacks.
Tell that to Wales who have also been beaten pretty badly the last couple of meetings vs Ireland who, for power and size, do not match up to Wales.

Last edited:
SA have been brilliant but I also feel sorry for Wales. They have seem to have been completely under-prepped for this.

Coaches need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Just wondering, why is it your opinion that Ireland will shrink come the world cup?
Lucky to make the semi's? To be honest Ireland are probably favourites to beat France in the pool at the minute - if we do that then we have Argentina in the quarters. I'd say we've got a pretty decent chance of reaching the semi's then.
well in the last 2 world cups ireland didn't do that well but yeah but i see ireland as a completely different team to those RWC. i think a semi for ireland

Glad to see Burger back playing in test rugby. It was a long & tough road back for him.

alright then, good luck with that. I don't think it's a long shot, but wouldn't bet money on it either. They could finally reach the semis, yep.
Of course....they could always actually lose to an aimless France side and then take a pounding at the hands of NZ in the 1/4F......

I'd be mad as fk if I were Welsh. Little shhit was looking for personal glory, like his team could fkng afford it !! :D

You have had a really bad day my friend.....cheer up!

You have the Doha World Cup to look forward to in 2022 courtesy of the Kaiser it would seem!!!!

I'd be mad as fk if I were Welsh. Little shhit was looking for personal glory, like his team could fkng afford it !! :D
oh but then there's that incident last week ohh that gotta be a horrid time for you

Boks defence is one line right up on the line. Wales can't cope with it. Silly kick through didn't work.

Morale sapping defeat for Wales. Beaten in every facet of the game.

alright then, good luck with that. I don't think it's a long shot, but wouldn't bet money on it either. They could finally reach the semis, yep.
Of course....they could always actually lose to an aimless France side and then take a pounding at the hands of NZ in the 1/4F......

So are you saying France are the favourites to win the pool?

Brilliant individual play. Made all the Boks backs look like they were standing still.

well there's that sparkle that wales was looking for, good try cuthbert but i think there's no way back

Defence was a shambles for that try.
How did 3 defenders all buy that sidestep?

Latest posts