• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool C: New Zealand vs. Argentina (20/09/2015)

Any time in the last ten years he could just about have named his price in France, but he values the Black jersey above that!

Well he named his price in Japan and it was the biggest one off contract in Rugby Union history.

Rubbish, rarely do I see Kiwis complain about other countries players. I see nothing but mutual respect for the likes of Pocock, Vermeulen and in the past George Smith was highly regarded as Shaggy pointed out. Kiwis certainly applaud and respect a great loosey (actually any great player from any position), from any country. George Gregan is highly thought of here, as is Johnny Wilkinson.

Players that don't end up with respect are big mouths like Phil Kearns and Brian Moore who do nothing but stir hatred.

To be fair we didn't have a lot of respect for Bakkies Botha....

Bakkies_Botha_headbutt_on_Jimmy_Cowan.gif

...but then, he really was one of the few true thugs of the modern game!!

I've played rugby from 4 year old to adulthood. For years, I had to hear all those comments about how gay rugby is. Never understood them.

After watching that gif of Bakkies I just got it.

Thanks.

Rubbish, rarely do I see Kiwis complain about other countries players. I see nothing but mutual respect for the likes of Pocock, Vermeulen and in the past George Smith was highly regarded as Shaggy pointed out. Kiwis certainly applaud and respect a great loosey (actually any great player from any position), from any country. George Gregan is highly thought of here, as is Johnny Wilkinson.

Players that don't end up with respect are big mouths like Phil Kearns and Brian Moore who do nothing but stir hatred.

What a crock of S*it, I will just name one player Quade Cooper! He was given heaps by 80% of the crowd in NZ and all he did was give Richie a shove in the back. I didn't see Bakkies getting the same treatment when he used his head after completing a tackle.

What a crock of S*it, I will just name one player Quade Cooper! He was given heaps by 80% of the crowd in NZ and all he did was give Richie a shove in the back. I didn't see Bakkies getting the same treatment when he used his head after completing a tackle.

I said great players. Cooper is not a great player, Cooper is a guy who puts in cheap shots and says stupid ***** constantly. You want to try and defend Cooper? you won't be taken seriously.

I said great players. Cooper is not a great player, Cooper is a guy who puts in cheap shots and says stupid ***** constantly. You want to try and defend Cooper? you won't be taken seriously.

Not trying to defend him, just the hypocrisy of the statement above. Cooper has not said a lot of stuipd **** but has done a lot of stupid ****. He has put on a few cheap shots but as my statement above I didn't see Bakkies getting booed every time he walked on the park. I still believe the issue is with the Kiwi Fans still hate the idea he does not play for them. There are plenty of other players that have put on some cheap shots far worse than that Cooper has, Richard Loe, Andy Powell, been a couple of them. Plenty more that have been a lot worst than that of Cooper.

Not trying to defend him, just the hypocrisy of the statement above. Cooper has not said a lot of stuipd **** but has done a lot of stupid ****. He has put on a few cheap shots but as my statement above I didn't see Bakkies getting booed every time he walked on the park. I still believe the issue is with the Kiwi Fans still hate the idea he does not play for them. There are plenty of other players that have put on some cheap shots far worse than that Cooper has, Richard Loe, Andy Powell, been a couple of them. Plenty more that have been a lot worst than that of Cooper.

What a bunch of complete garbage!! That is one of the worst posts I've seen on here, no Kiwi is jealous Cooper doesn't play for us. LOL!

What are you on!? Cooper is effectively an Ex New Zealander. Most people here see him as a turncoat first off. Then on top of all that he's obviously a bit of an idiot getting arrested, being generally a prat on social media and in real life, making a complete cock of himself whenever he played against NZ to name a few. Oh and it wasnt just one time he went after Mccaw theres multiple episodes of that and its all on youtube he was clearly targeting Mccaw over a number of games.

That all said he's been pretty quiet of late and im prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt from now on.

And Bakkies is a legend. Only the PC among us give a crap about his thug reputation. If cooper achieved half of what Bakkies has done maybe he'll get some respect.

Last edited:
I am on nothing but I fail to understand why the NZ public gave him so much from the stands. And as far as I can see there have only been a couple of issues with Richie, a knee to the head that went a punished and a push in the back. Maybe the Kiwis here and around the world should focus on your own issues and less of what Cooper tweets.
What Cooper has done in the past to the Kiwis is nothing, yet there was deafening silence from them over the Brian O'Driscoll tackle probably the worst spear tackle I have ever seen in rugby.

PS
I almost forgot about the fore arm by Rickie to Cooper's head.

I am on nothing but I fail to understand why the NZ public gave him so much from the stands. And as far as I can see there have only been a couple of issues with Richie, a knee to the head that went a punished and a push in the back. Maybe the Kiwis here and around the world should focus on your own issues and less of what Cooper tweets.
What Cooper has done in the past to the Kiwis is nothing, yet there was deafening silence from them over the Brian O'Driscoll tackle probably the worst spear tackle I have ever seen in rugby.

PS
I almost forgot about the fore arm by Rickie to Cooper's head.

The Lotte Tequiri spear tackle on Mccaw was just as bad as the O driscol one if not worse (it was only luck Mccaw wasnt seriously hurt). **** happens man get over it. Honestly people still crying about the O driscol spear tackle is just laughable. You dont hear us going on ad nausium about Lotte's tackle which was really really bad and had malice in it imo.

I am not going on about it, just used it as a reference to the crap that has occurred in NZ regarding Cooper who has done nothing like Lotte or Tana did. O'Driscoll buried the hatchet but the general population of NZ can't seem to get over Cooper.

So we have Lotte Tequiri, Richie Mccaw, Tana Umaga, Kevin Mealamu, Brian O Driscoll and Quade Cooper....

Im sorry but if you ask anybody in rugby who is the biggest tosser of that bunch your only going to get one answer.

All the others mentioned get nothing but respect under most circumstances. Cooper made his bed and he had to sleep in it.

And really I think the hole hate for Quade thing is slowly whittling away.

Last edited:
I have a lot of respect for all the players mentioned including the one you forget Richard Loe, though in the case of the later it did take a few months.
I suppose it is the same way that a lot of dick heads in Australia gave Sir Richard Hadley such a hard time. Stadium sport can generate too the lowest common denominator. It would be good if the AB's do meet Australia in the cup final.

The Lotte Tequiri spear tackle on Mccaw was just as bad as the O driscol one if not worse (it was only luck Mccaw wasnt seriously hurt). **** happens man get over it. Honestly people still crying about the O driscol spear tackle is just laughable. You dont hear us going on ad nausium about Lotte's tackle which was really really bad and had malice in it imo.
With out being arsed to watch a replay on youtube I always thought the Lote tackle looked worse because Richie tried to regather the ball once it came loose and sort of twisted his body, not sure malice was behind it Lote always put big hits on Richie nd sometimes they can go wrong.

To be fair we didn't have a lot of respect for Bakkies Botha....

Bakkies_Botha_headbutt_on_Jimmy_Cowan.gif

...but then, he really was one of the few true thugs of the modern game!!
A tad biased clip, innit? Look at the full clip here

Not saying it justifies what Botha did, but it certainly explains it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts