• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (Round 5)

Whilst I know this is tounge in cheek. I think there is quite a bit of pot kettle here.

Tongue in cheek is all well and good, no one was denying that the Welsh played well against Ireland or South Africa, and they certinaly played well against Italy, but there is no denying that Italy were non-existent there in the second half.

Ah I see it here in the "Ingerland fanz guyde to rugbee". Its on page 21 "If any ovvur team winz againzt a lower ranked countree, ezpecially if they iz wareing red, then itz coz the opponunt waz capitullatted and not coz the winning side wuz good. Unless its Ingerland who winz, then it was all skillz"

Don't talk with your mouth full.

To be fair, harsh to make it about England here... lots of people will try to make the same comments when England win. A case in point being the All Blacks 2012 game. We get that quite incessantly actually..

Today I think the answer is as usual some way between the two but : I thought Wales were sublime and you can only beat what's in front of you. We'd probably all agree that Wales wouldn't have scored all those points against any other team, but that's besides the point.

Can we not get into petty arguments about whose performance was better? I think everyone will agree Wales were outstanding, made things very interesting and set up a great day of rugby. Let's not spoil it?

Don't talk with your mouth full.

To be fair, harsh to make it about England here... lots of people will try to make the same comments when England win. A case in point being the All Blacks 2012 game. We get that quite incessantly actually..

Today I think the answer is as usual some way between the two but : I thought Wales were sublime and you can only beat what's in front of you. We'd probably all agree that Wales wouldn't have scored all those points against any other team, but that's besides the point.

Concur with this. I just feel Wales made Italy play poorly but just going at them second half and Italy not having the personnel to stop the barrage.

Concur with this. I just feel Wales made Italy play poorly but just going at them second half and Italy not having the personnel to stop the barrage.

Nah, Wales played well but the amount of times Italy just lost the ball under no pressure was stupid. They crumbled completely.

Nah, Wales played well but the amount of times Italy just lost the ball under no pressure was stupid. They crumbled completely.
Agreed Wales took all their chances though which takes skill. We couldn't manage it!

But yeah its sort of a ref flag to a bull when people claim it's one the best performances ever by a team.

Last edited:
The anti-anti-Welsh chat is as bad as the anti-Welsh chat, which in turn is as bad as the Welsh chat.

Yours sincerely,

Arrogant Englishman

@TRF_SelimNiai Remember Wales cannot play well ... just the opposition capitulated and allowed Wales to score tries, nothing to do with the fact they might have played well.
To be fair Jiffy said that on the BBC.
Didn't see the game, but he said that Italy gave up after North's first try and just didn't try afterwards.

Sean O'Brien be like:

SOB.jpg

******from rugby onslaught

Last edited:
Barely any Welsh supporters on this thread, just the usual anti Welsh hate. Absolutely pathetic. Thumbs up to a few top posts so far.

On the game - Fantastic attacking performance by Wales in the second half, they deserve the applause. It's going to be a nail biting afternoon from now!

Completely agree with you, so come on FRANCE

Nothing wrong with Wales today lads. Loosing on points difference is simply like loosing a raffle. They can still be very proud.

Pleasure from Wales - real rugby that adds to the substance of their Ireland win. They off load AND they defend (except the last try).

One contrary point on their defence, when Italy magicked a maul in midfield and cracked them open - Ireland take note.

- - - Updated - - -

The anti-anti-Welsh chat is as bad as the anti-Welsh chat, which in turn is as bad as the Welsh chat.

Yours sincerely,

Arrogant Englishman

Hehe! Gwlad go leor.

Last edited:
Although we didn't manage to win the ***le, in the context of looking towards the world cup, I am quite pleased. everyone knows Wales are poor starters, but this year I think the players and coaches have truly proven that we are a team which grows in every way the longer they are together. It seems uncanny how often this happens. When we look to the past since the last world cup, i think our biggest strength has been our ability to always (mostly always) improve game by game. I think this bodes extremely well. I know this is true for most teams, but i find this to be particularly true of Wales. I am beginning to understand Gatland's thinking, and i reckon when we come to the world cup, save for a big injury crisis (doesn't even need to be that big in many positions) we will come up good and hit our form at the right time again. This is where i think Gatland brings his class.

Anyway, i'm drunk and am sure i repeated myself.

In one line - I am pleased with our ability to grow as a campaign goes forward, i am particularly pleased with our ability to bounce back from defeat, and bounce back hard.

Latest posts