• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: Scotland vs. Ireland (04/02/2017)

It'll be nice for Jackson not be playing behind the powerpuff girls for a change. Still don't think he executes his garryowens well enough but he should go well.

SOB, Henderson, Stander and Furlong starting. Dillane, Healy and Scannell off the bench. Jesus. If Ireland get set piece ball in the 22 Jackson won't see it. Can't see Scotland holding the advantage line well enough. Ireland by 10.

Wow out for walk now in Edinburgh. Can anyone tell me how are Glasgow and Edinburgh both in same country yet be worlds and I mean worlds apart in well everything. Even the birds act different

Meaning...?

I'm genuinely curious, and strangely one I'd be happy to have a genuine and honest discussion about. I appreciate however this isn't quite the forum for that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Meaning...?

I'm genuinely curious, and strangely one I'd be happy to have a genuine and honest discussion about. I appreciate however this isn't quite the forum for that kind of thing.

Is that for me Will. Just they're 2 totally different styles. Glasgow is very much like a combative and kind of daunting city where Edinburgh is pure cultural. Atmosphere is different

Just on tomorrow. D. Ryan and L. Marshall are extras but Killer and Rory had to go straight back to Ireland hotel tonight and will be warming up on field tomorrow too

Is that for me Will. Just they're 2 totally different styles. Glasgow is very much like a combative and kind of daunting city where Edinburgh is pure cultural. Atmosphere is different

Edinburgh is full of history.
Glasgow has a past.

Edinburgh is try hard posh.( At least in the center)
Glasgow is a much more fun town in which to go out for the evening

Alright morning *****es who's excited?! It's the most exciting Saturday morning of the year and I am RIGID

I don't know whether I've caught some Scottish optimism from somewhere, but I've got a good feeling for them in this tournament. Great first game to lay a marker down if they are serious about mounting a challenge. As always, it's their pack that's going to have to step up.

Looking forward to the curtain raiser.

Improved forecast in the Athens of the North. Weather shouldn't be an issue. I was thinking stiff winds would help Ireland's aerial threats but don't think so now.

I'm not convinced by the Scottish front three (other than Fagerson) and a lot of inexperience generally in the forwards, but they should do enough to give Laidlaw the opportunity of quick ball. Whether he takes that opportunity is another question but the Scottish backs selection looks fairly tasty.

I think Bradbury has earnt a place in the squad and Kinghorn would give cover at Fullback and wing, but these omissions are marginal decisions, so it is hard to argue against the selection.

Improved forecast in the Athens of the North. Weather shouldn't be an issue. I was thinking stiff winds would help Ireland's aerial threats but don't think so now.

I'm not convinced by the Scottish front three (other than Fagerson) and a lot of inexperience generally in the forwards, but they should do enough to give Laidlaw the opportunity of quick ball. Whether he takes that opportunity is another question but the Scottish backs selection looks fairly tasty.

I think Bradbury has earnt a place in the squad and Kinghorn would give cover at Fullback and wing, but these omissions are marginal decisions, so it is hard to argue against the selection.
Bradbury is a very classy player.

Ah hold on their mate. This is a serious Scottish outfit, they could definitely cause us trouble and I have a weird feeling we'll get done here!

Ireland by 74.
For the love of god you're just setting us up for a fall, and we're going to look like such arrogant pricks when we only win by 50

Wow the craziest stat I've see. In 17 years. Scotlands record in Rd 1 of 6 Nations is Played 17. Won 1. That's mad

Latest posts