• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (09/02/2019)

I didn't mind Sonya but ye gods her questions for Schmidt were all needlessly abrasive. And I say that as someone who is needlessly abrasive. Did Michael Gove write her questions?

Schmidt spot on about Johnny, he's definitely targeted but it's mostly legal and the circus about it in our media is embarrassing.

Schmidt spot on about Johnny, he's definitely targeted but it's mostly legal and the circus about it in our media is embarrassing.
I get highlighting that he's targeted, but it's when the media acts surprised. The other simple fact is that this is rugby not football. Man the **** up Irish media.

Excellent result considering the pressure they were under, at Murrayfield, with Sexton injured early on. Murray has been shite since he's come back, ditto Aki, Conan anonymous again.

O'Brien, Furlong and Kearney Ireland's best players with the latter MOM.

Thought Quinn Roux showed up very well too, added some much needed ballast, was he calling the lineouts, they went well today?

Very rusty, but still, good result all things considered.

Every 9 and 10 in the game is targeted. Putting them off their stride is part of the sport.

Sexton gets more attention cause the Irish coaches and media are always whinging about it, plus Sexton is held together with duct tape so usually stays down after a clattering, compared to like when Farrell got hit half an hour late by Moriarty and just got up and laughed it off

I thought Peter O'Mahony fully deserved his MotM award. It wasn't a vintage performance from Ireland with only O'Mahony, Rob Kearney and Jacob Stockdale getting 7/10 from me. Ultan Dillane was very good when he came on too.

While it's never good to see your flyhalf go off injured, a positive byproduct of it was Joey Carbery getting a lot of game time away against a team with an excellent recent home record in the 6 Nations. That'll stand to him.

POM MOTM. Ah **** off would ye. Falling off tackles and being anonymous in the loose must have swung it for him. Maybe it was it the kicks. Yeah definitely the kicks.
His stats would actually suggest he tackled well and had fair bit of involvement in loose as well as a turnover so maybe he wasn't MOTM (which is always an opinion award) but guess guys will be 1 eyed when ever.

His stats would actually suggest he tackled well and had fair bit of involvement in loose as well as a turnover so maybe he wasn't MOTM (which is always an opinion award) but guess guys will be 1 eyed when ever.
Issue is when no one has a fantastic game MOTM will always be subjective.

I thought Peter O'Mahony fully deserved his MotM award. It wasn't a vintage performance from Ireland with only O'Mahony, Rob Kearney and Jacob Stockdale getting 7/10 from me. Ultan Dillane was very good when he came on too.

While it's never good to see your flyhalf go off injured, a positive byproduct of it was Joey Carbery getting a lot of game time away against a team with an excellent recent home record in the 6 Nations. That'll stand to him.
This I 100% agree with
Joey settled after a patchy start and was superb.
We won again playing poorly but it's mental errors not coaching etc.
Murrays kicks were never up there to challenge. Aki I thought was poor but alot of time it was due to lack of bite in going forward. Not just him.
Kilcoyne and Porter did well too and agree Dillane was excellent. Roux stepped uo well too and lineout was steady.

The bigger picture here is RWC

Conan anonymous again.
Jack Conan could score a hat-trick, break the record for meters carried and make 40 tackles and people would complain about him being anonymous. Haven't seen the stats so can't be 100% sure but I thought he was the best player in our backrow especially in the first half.

I didn't mind Sonya but ye gods her questions for Schmidt were all needlessly abrasive. And I say that as someone who is needlessly abrasive. Did Michael Gove write her questions?
Sonja is a crap pitch side reporter she is always trying to be "edgy" with her questions. She's also clueless about the game. It would be interesting to see what rugby background she has.

Sonja is a crap pitch side reporter she is always trying to be "edgy" with her questions. She's also clueless about the game. It would be interesting to see what rugby background she has.
None

Jack Conan could score a hat-trick, break the record for meters carried and make 40 tackles and people would complain about him being anonymous. Haven't seen the stats so can't be 100% sure but I thought he was the best player in our backrow especially in the first half.

Will wait for the stats but I can't hardly recall his name being mentioned on first viewing.

Wouldn't agree on him being best player in backrow but had good game was steady at base and took on ball. Plays a bit to wide out and doesn't make enough metres put there at this level but it's his style and there wasn't a fear of him today.

And to be honest he wasn't active enough taking responsibility but maybe the role wasn't there or something. It was a workmanship performance at 8.

Latest posts