• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Wales (20/03/2021)

Amazing you translate what people say into something that hurts you and call it hate then when confronted with the actual truth you refuse to believe it or simply cant accept it. That's where the problem lies in this thread.
So a prime example of the actual 'problem' is now apportioning blame... you never fail to disappoint fair play. :D

Last edited:
So a prime example of the actual 'problem' is now apportioning blame... you never fail to disappoint fair play. :D
Not apportioning it. Simply not accepting it. No malice or harm is intended just having g good old fashioned banter/discussion/debate on what a forum is essentially for.

Not apportioning it. Simply not accepting it. No malice or harm is intended just having g good old fashioned banter/discussion/debate on what a forum is essentially for.
Dude, I'm all for banter... its probably 90% of what I post. But iirc you came on here Saturday night gloating and with an Axe to grind against Wales at a 'particularly' sensitive moment in time. It was far from banter... go check the Ireland vs England thread to see if I looked to pile-on about that English performance for comparison.

Due to that, I have a low opinion of you right now... change my mind moving forwards.

Dude, I'm all for banter... its probably 90% of what I post. But iirc you came on here Saturday night gloating and with an Axe to grind against Wales at a 'particularly' sensitive moment in time. It was far from banter... go check the Ireland vs England thread to see if I looked to pile-on about that English performance for comparison.

Due to that, I have a low opinion of you right now... change my mind moving forwards.
Dude has 57 posts, all in England v Wales matches or this thread. I think that pretty much sums up any required opinion.

So I reckon the "animosity" between Ireland and Wales is dying and will do more after Gatland is totally out of the picture, he was the sole catalyst imo. Will it be the same at all with England? Gatland is a hateful ******* unless he's bringing your team success, I never disliked any Welsh player as much as him.

A shame the heated rivalry will end too, "EngIrish" was the most exceptionally witty thing put into the written word since Oscar Wilde's heyday.

So I reckon the "animosity" between Ireland and Wales is dying and will do more after Gatland is totally out of the picture, he was the sole catalyst imo. Will it be the same at all with England? Gatland is a hateful ******* unless he's bringing your team success, I never disliked any Welsh player as much as him.

A shame the heated rivalry will end too, "EngIrish" was the most exceptionally witty thing put into the written word since Oscar Wilde's heyday.
I think we're safe with the English-Welsh one tbh Alf ;)

I think we're safe with the English-Welsh one tbh Alf ;)
I know it's never going away fully but it seems to have peaked the last few years. I'm hoping it can go back to normal levels a bit because it dominated every week of this championship on the boards and was tedious. With Gatland just a distant memory and after 6 years of England being top class competitors again (for the most part) Wales fans can get used to it, I just hope you lads can stop ruining sixmas dinners!

I think similar with Scotland - he really riled us! Predated the Lions 'snubs' (where I think he was largely correct). Maybe 2010 was just too painful *shudders*

We also have a lot of people who are driven to fury by the existence of the Irish, and I'm pretty confident that's just from them being better for the past 20 years. Bizarrely POM might be amongst the rugby players with highest name recognition in Scotland.

I think everyone hates Gatland tbf - even half the players who have played under him seem to end up despising him, so it's not like an enemy thing.

I think similar with Scotland - he really riled us! Predated the Lions 'snubs' (where I think he was largely correct). Maybe 2010 was just too painful *shudders*

We also have a lot of people who are driven to fury by the existence of the Irish, and I'm pretty confident that's just from them being better for the past 20 years. Bizarrely POM might be amongst the rugby players with highest name recognition in Scotland.

To be fair his name does get a lot of air time in games...... shame it's usually saying what card he has received. :p

There's definitely a growing rivalry there alright. You can just tell Hogg hates the sight of us! If you managed to beat us at all consistently it'd get very bitter indeed, Ronan O'Gara and Shane Horgan seemed genuinely fearful of a loss on Irish telly this year in a way I'd never seen.

I think everyone hates Gatland tbf - even half the players who have played under him seem to end up despising him, so it's not like an enemy thing.
Welsh fans were never exactly fans when they lost against the SH yet again or one of their many **** ups against minor nations in summer/autumn internations. Problem is he'd then get another GS pr 6Nations championship so they'd forgive him.

I know it's never going away fully but it seems to have peaked the last few years. I'm hoping it can go back to normal levels a bit because it dominated every week of this championship on the boards and was tedious. With Gatland just a distant memory and after 6 years of England being top class competitors again (for the most part) Wales fans can get used to it, I just hope you lads can stop ruining sixmas dinners!
I can't promise anything but I'll do my best. It only takes one though (from either side) to step over the line and there goes the neighbourhood again I'm afraid. :eek:

Welsh fans were never exactly fans when they lost against the SH yet again or one of their many **** ups against minor nations in summer/autumn internations. Problem is he'd then get another GS pr 6Nations championship so they'd forgive him.
Literally the mirror of EJ, who will **** up the Six Nations then back it up with beating Aus and NZ without much effort

Latest posts