• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 42 v Wales 9 FT. Saturday 19 June 2010 - Dunedin.

Don't lissen to Bargoedboy, he doesn't speak for any other Welsh poster on this board! McCaw has been the most consistent and probably the best player in the world for close to the last decade, he's a master of his position, and some Welsh people get annoyed because we've simply been unable to stop him 90% of the time. Unfortunately, with Jon Thomas still at 6, and still not hitting any rucks, I fear McCaw will run riot again.

As for the Welsh team, as expected really, although Knoyle getting the bench spot is a bit of a surprise. He's an excellent young prospect, but Richie Rees has been in good form. Good on him though, he's obviously impressed during training, and I'm glad to see Gatland ready to play these youngsters. Wish he gave the same opportunity to Ken Owens though. Seriously, what is Bennett doing to keep his place in the 22? He improved towards the end of the season with the O's, but Owens has shown soo much more this season. Hope McCusker is brought on sharpish if Jon Thomas struggles again.

Remind me again why Gatland has Deiniol Jones in the squad ahead of Gough? Gough would offer a much better impact from the bench, someone who can stand toe to toe with practically anyone physically. Gough is possibly a little old to start now, but he allways gives his all, and you can guarantee at least one massive hit from him per match. Bring him on for 20-30mins and he'll hit anything that moves!

This team should be good enough to give NZ a good game, probably not quite good enough to win though. We must see improvements in the areas that are letting us down. Dicipline is the biggest thing I want improving, as it's just a matter of being sensible. Lineout and rucks are more technical, but we need steady improvements in these two areas leading up to the w/c.

I'll tell you one thing I'm hoping for, Rokocoko getting some space. He is the fastest All Black according the the last speed tests, and I presume Wales back three will not be quicker. The thing the coaches will want from him is a bit more work, and if he can be a bit more active and find a bit of space, I suspect we'll see him thrive in a running game like this. I automatically presume Cory Jane and Israel Dagg will be firing.

Answer: Because Grewcock is a thug and everyone knows it. Personally my advice to you is stop digging.

Back on topic, the Welsh team has been named.

Leigh Byrne (Ospreys); Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Andrew Bishop (Ospreys), Jamie Roberts (Blues), Tom Prydie (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Ospreys); Paul James (Ospreys), Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), Gavin Thomas (Newport Gwent Dragons), Ryan Jones (capt).

Replacements: Huw Bennett (Ospreys), John Yapp (Blues), Deiniol Jones (Blues), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets).

Pretty close to what everyone has predicted. I really want to see the Knoyle - Biggar combo take the field, its always great to see young guns step up.

So back on topic my Welsh 22 (Well thinking like Gatland)

1. Paul James
  2. Matthew Rees
  3. Adam Jones
  4. Alun Wyn-Jones
  5. Bradley Davies
  6. Jon Thomas
  7. Gavin Thomas
  8. Ryan Jones (c)
  9. Mike Phillips
  10. Stephen Jones
  11. Tom Prydie
  12. Jaime Roberts
  13. Andrew Bishop
  14. Lee Halfpenny
  15. Lee Byrne
  16. John Yapp
  17. Huw Bennett
  18. Deiniol Jones
  19. Rob McCusker
  20. Richie Rees
  21. Dan Biggar
  22. Will Harries

Damn you Rees and Harris!

Was so close to having the full correct team lol. Be interesting to see how it goes. Gatland has gone for a side that wants to match that in terms of physicality ... a big mistake if so. Be an interesting game. Anything within 10 points will be a bonus and anything under 20 points will be good.

Im slightly disappointed that Bennett and Deiniol Jones are there really. Deiniol has had a poor time for Wales but so has Gough. But Gough should be there because of the type of game Gatland wants to play. Bennett is a disappointing player. His throwing is terrible and his loose play is not great and his only weapon. Like to see Owens there boy done good this season. Throwing is good, lose and tight player are also good. Offers much more in terms of game than Bennett.

It will also be inevitable that Jon Thomas will be in McCaw's back pocket. McCaw will no doubt eat JT up on Saturday and its not something that Wales will not want to happen. JT at 6 is a bit of a loose cannon, runs on his own and away from support. Do that against anyone from NZ and turnovers galore will be in this mix.

Last edited:
Don't lissen to Bargoedboy, he doesn't speak for any other Welsh poster on this board! McCaw has been the most consistent and probably the best player in the world for close to the last decade, he's a master of his position, and some Welsh people get annoyed because we've simply been unable to stop him 90% of the time. Unfortunately, with Jon Thomas still at 6, and still not hitting any rucks, I fear McCaw will run riot again.

As for the Welsh team, as expected really, although Knoyle getting the bench spot is a bit of a surprise. He's an excellent young prospect, but Richie Rees has been in good form. Good on him though, he's obviously impressed during training, and I'm glad to see Gatland ready to play these youngsters. Wish he gave the same opportunity to Ken Owens though. Seriously, what is Bennett doing to keep his place in the 22? He improved towards the end of the season with the O's, but Owens has shown soo much more this season. Hope McCusker is brought on sharpish if Jon Thomas struggles again.

Remind me again why Gatland has Deiniol Jones in the squad ahead of Gough? Gough would offer a much better impact from the bench, someone who can stand toe to toe with practically anyone physically. Gough is possibly a little old to start now, but he allways gives his all, and you can guarantee at least one massive hit from him per match. Bring him on for 20-30mins and he'll hit anything that moves!

This team should be good enough to give NZ a good game, probably not quite good enough to win though. We must see improvements in the areas that are letting us down. Dicipline is the biggest thing I want improving, as it's just a matter of being sensible. Lineout and rucks are more technical, but we need steady improvements in these two areas leading up to the w/c.

Yeah noticed from you and Thingimubob that old Bargoesboy is almost the lone ranger when it comes to the over the top Welshman. I'm certainly hoping that Gatland has a plan that maybe isn't being noticed by some of the Welsh fans who reckon he could make a few changes. He's a pretty good coach and I'm sure he can bring the best out of the guys he's putting on. I think it'll be a lot closer than last week. I'm thinking more like AB's 29 Wales 17 sort of score.

Still one of my favourite matches of all time. And CA, there's only one over-the-top Welshman on this board and he's talking right now!!! :p

First off my remarks about Macaw are valid , whether he cheats more than other 7`s is debateable( that he cheats is not)but he certainly gets away with more than any other player out there.
How my remarks warrant a post being deleted when you have a poster who`s signature is " Why won't Jonathan Kaplan just die!" is beyond me , as that is truly beyond taste,maybe its because poster is from NZ?
I have never said i speak for welsh only as a rugby fan , former player and coach.
My nationality has nothing to do with it hence the post about England game not a welsh game, and as stated i think Macaw is a great player and like all 7`s will get away with what he can.
If i have to be so carefull about what i say or post yet others can sprout insults and post about refs dying i believe its not a forum at all to do with Rugby but a NZ fan site with as long as you don`t say nothing against the all blacks you can join !!!
Yet who bleated so much about your world cup exit and made such complaints about a ref who so called lost the game for you.
Also it was Ali williams who stamped on richie Macaws head in a ruck , not a NH player !!!! i dare say this will be deleted , yet hope someone reads it for what it is . TRUTH

Missed that game. It was my one and only training session with my new club after moving house (after it I decided to pack in playing) and missed one of the best World Cup games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off my remarks about Macaw are valid , whether he cheats more than other 7`s is debateable( that he cheats is not)but he certainly gets away with more than any other player out there.
How my remarks warrant a post being deleted when you have a poster who`s signature is " Why won't Jonathan Kaplan just die!" is beyond me , as that is truly beyond taste,maybe its because poster is from NZ?
I have never said i speak for welsh only as a rugby fan , former player and coach.
My nationality has nothing to do with it hence the post about England game not a welsh game, and as stated i think Macaw is a great player and like all 7`s will get away with what he can.
If i have to be so carefull about what i say or post yet others can sprout insults and post about refs dying i believe its not a forum at all to do with Rugby but a NZ fan site with as long as you don`t say nothing against the all blacks you can join !!!
Yet who bleated so much about your world cup exit and made such complaints about a ref who so called lost the game for you.
Also it was Ali williams who stamped on richie Macaws head in a ruck , not a NH player !!!! i dare say this will be deleted , yet hope someone reads it for what it is . TRUTH

You're post got deleted because it has nothing to do with the thread topic, an almost every thread you post in you bring up the "Macaw is a cheater" topic.
Just drop it mate, you sound like you're butthurt.

the post was about NZ/wales game, and Macaw plays for NZ and will have a huge impact on game both positive and negative. Yet you still want to insult rather than post a grown up response

the post was about NZ/wales game, and Macaw plays for NZ and will have a huge impact on game both positive and negative. Yet you still want to insult rather than post a grown up response

Bargoedboy just pipe down about the McCaw business. You won't win and this thread is about THE GAME SATURDAY and nothing else. If you carry on sprouting every thread with this McCaw business something will be done and I will have to deal with it personally.

Missed that game. It was my one and only training session with my new club after moving house (after it I decided to pack in playing) and missed one of the best World Cup games ever.

Yep hell of a game. Hopefully it might be like that Saturday ... one can only hope.

Last edited:
Bargoedboy just pipe down about the McCaw business. You won't win and this thread is about THE GAME SATURDAY and nothing else. If you carry on sprouting every thread with this McCaw business something will be done and I will have to deal with it personally..

why don`t you tell jake to stop name calling after posts, you seem very keen to take his side yet YOU posted about Macaw and why he gets shoe`d!!
Try a bit of even handed posts, and look at both sides not one. If you want to deal with it personally, Fine !
But i don`t like being told what to write its a Forum where people express views get it , debates etc , !!!!!

why don`t you tell jake to stop name calling after posts, you seem very keen to take his side yet YOU posted about Macaw and why he gets shoe`d!!
Try a bit of even handed posts, and look at both sides not one. If you want to deal with it personally, Fine !
But i don`t like being told what to write its a Forum where people express views get it , debates etc , !!!!!
The debate at hand (as it states in the ***le) is about the All Blacks v Wales on Saturday. If you want to discuss Richie Mccaw so much, start a new thread and talk about him there.

Like this earlier post you mean ? ;)

Well if last week is any form guide, we of New Zealand will win, who knows the amount but probably by more than 5pts.

What is certain is that Richie McCaw will be a great man, who all the rugby world respects (insert laughter here) and an amazing player, but he will cheat all day, live the whole day long over the off-side line to the point where it's not ideal, but understandable if he gets a good off the ball "shoeing".

Somehow him being referred to on TRF afterwards as such a filthy cheat who cheats at every ruck of his cheating, cheat, cheat life will not be a signal of people trying to rob him of any of his achievements or status as being a world class player, because we all know that players who are regarded as all day cheats are really dearly loved and deeply respected.

Then some members of the forum will (with a lot of class)start referring back a long time ago to Tana Umaga's career as being a clear example of a "consistent thug" in action (presumably with the idea that he also deserves a good "shoeing". The idea for this will come from a repeated mantra of "Brian O'Driscoll......Brian O'Driscoll.......Brian O'Driscoll". It will be most dignified.

What will be the purpose of these people bringing things like this up? Well we all know the All Blacks will not be the better side, even if they win. They are thugs and cheats and people who (playing rugby the way they do) only win due to having the edge in the guise of illegal play and infringement. Skill be damned, these guys have been robbing sides like Ireland and Wales for decades and are the real disgrace of rugby.

The fans of rugby who call attention to these things are all true gentlemen and will rightfully have back at the NZ fans with the "fact" that New Zealand fans are WUM's too. There are so many of them on the forum. I just can't remember what they've been winding up NH members about right at the moment.

Having one or two arrogant fans like Iron Mike (whom the other NZ posters have been quick to dismiss), is the exact same thing as members and moderators alike joining in from near and far to kick New Zealand in the guts and with right on their side "understand" how a guy could want to physically attack New Zealand rugby players. After all, they deserve it. All proven cheats deserve a good "shoeing" and the only cheats in the world are from NZ.

My verdict on game is this, wales will lose after putting up a good show (hopefully) I hope Bishop has a good game as he`s a great underated player , who could make a name for himself here. I will be watching and hope we can do something special , My heart says wales but rugby head NZ

My verdict on game is this, wales will lose after putting up a good show (hopefully) I hope Bishop has a good game as he`s a great underated player , who could make a name for himself here. I will be watching and hope we can do something special , My heart says wales but rugby head NZ

There, a post without slagging anybody off. Wasn't so hard was it.

I'll tell you one thing I'm hoping for, Rokocoko getting some space. He is the fastest All Black according the the last speed tests, and I presume Wales back three will not be quicker. The thing the coaches will want from him is a bit more work, and if he can be a bit more active and find a bit of space, I suspect we'll see him thrive in a running game like this. I automatically presume Cory Jane and Israel Dagg will be firing.
Interesting. I thought it would've been Dagg.

If that's true, then it really must be his acceleration/burst that he's lost as opposed to top end speed.

if i can`t say what i want no point in saying anything !
Not true. It's pointless if it's off-topic and destructive.

It's just the same as any of us saying "hey, does anyone like cookies? Because I bloody hate them". I could say that, but it would be friggin pointless and serves no purpose to the thread.

Latest posts