• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks vs Springboks, July 17th 2010, Second Tri Nations Test

Were the Boks Ripped Off?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I wanted Alby in the squad at the beginning, so I'm glad he could be getting a shot. I also think his running game will benefit the AB's greatly.

Yeah congrats to Alby getting a recall, he really did deserve it after a strong S14.

Lots of talk in here about Gear, one comment or maybe a few comments about him being a one trick pony which is why he isnt making the cut with the ABs reminds me of Jonah, he amazing on attack but shite everywhere else on the pitch yet still made the team lol. But i'm with Ranger, Hosea should be in there ahead of Guildford.

Oh FFS...

De Villiers waggles finger at officials

It was not the bare-faced denial of the steaming obvious that occurred during the Lions tour, but Peter de Villiers has attempted to mitigate Bakkies Botha.

Asked on Monday if he thought Botha's nine-week ban for a headbutt on Jimmy Cowan was just, De Villiers explored the matter of provocation shortly before the incident.

De Villiers told a media conference in Wellington that Cowan had "provoked" Botha by holding on to his jersey as the pair chased a kick ahead, also adding that the stadium officials had erred in not replaying Cowan's tug.

"TV took over the game too much," de Villiers said.

"What happened before that? Nobody ever saw that on TV, how they pulled him back without the ball...

"If that penalty were made, nothing else would have happened."

Moving on, De Villiers said that his team now faced a huge test of character, challenging them to stand up in the face of the pressure now upon them.

"The way you lose is not as important as how you stand up from such a defeat," he said.

"The guys know they didn't perform well, they remain proud and they realise that they have hard work ahead of them this week.

"The All Blacks were very good at the weekend and they did not allow us space to play the way we wanted."

De Villiers discounted suggestions players had been affected by travel fatigue during the match.

"The players are professionals and travel is part of their daily lives. They are no strangers to travelling here as they do in Super 14. We can't look for excuses.

"The All Blacks were better than us, it's as simple as that."

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_6256747,00.html

Rugby-Union---Tour-Match--001.jpg

Bakkies must use PdVs scrotum as a lozenge.

Now just imagine how good our team could have been had we had a coach instead of a clown. De Villiers is retarded. Seriously. I bet he goes for a crap by bending over the toilet before opening his mouth to excrete.

...."What happened before that? Nobody ever saw that on TV, how they pulled him back without the ball...

"If that penalty were made, nothing else would have happened."

From a referee's perspective, I will tell you why this clown has this completely wrong...

Given the actions happening at the time (Cowan & Botha chasing a loose ball) if Lewis had spotted the pull-back, it is highly unlikely he would have whistled immediately. Most likely he would signal advantage Green because the ball was heading towards the Black goal-line with a Green and a Black player chasing it. Botha would most likely have continued on and head-butted Cowan regardless.

In this case, Lewis followed the ball after Cowan flicked it away, and that is probably why he didn't see the head-butt. However, a referee playing "penalty" advantage will change their focus. Once Cowan managed to clear the ball, Lewis would not have followed it, and most likely would have then seen the head-butt. This would have increased Botha's chances of being caught.

In a real sense, Botha (and the Springboks) may be quite lucky that Lewis didn't see Cowan pull him back, because if Botha had been seen delivering that head-butt then it was a certain
norc.gif
in the second minute of the game!

Gear isn't very good under the high ball is what everyone is saying right? So why not bring him in to play against Australia? Australia barely ever kick it up and chase, because their backline are the best part of their game, I would even go as far as saying they have the best attacking backline in the world, I would say New Zealand has the best overall backline in the world but Australia, their backs are just magic. So why not bring in a big guy like Gear who is 100kg, to play that sort of rugby aswell? Not everyone uses the high ball, South Africa is the team that do it the most, so don't play Gear against South Africa and while he is in the All Blacks camp, train him, work with him on his faults.

Yeah, I think he will not disappoint anybody and would be a good asset to the WR squad next year.

From a referee's perspective, I will tell you why this clown has this completely wrong...

Given the actions happening at the time (Cowan & Botha chasing a loose ball) if Lewis had spotted the pull-back, it is highly unlikely he would have whistled immediately. Most likely he would signal advantage Green because the ball was heading towards the Black goal-line with a Green and a Black player chasing it. Botha would most likely have continued on and head-butted Cowan regardless.

In this case, Lewis followed the ball after Cowan flicked it away, and that is probably why he didn't see the head-butt. However, a referee playing "penalty" advantage will change their focus. Once Cowan managed to clear the ball, Lewis would not have followed it, and most likely would have then seen the head-butt. This would have increased Botha's chances of being caught.

In a real sense, Botha (and the Springboks) may be quite lucky that Lewis didn't see Cowan pull him back, because if Botha had been seen delivering that head-butt then it was a certain
norc.gif
in the second minute of the game!

I wonder if anybody has told Pillock De Villiers that.

And if you're provoked by someone tugging your shirt then an Anger Management trip is needed. Calling you a tosser or knicking your wallet, thats provocation.

I wonder if anybody has told Pillock De Villiers that.

And if you're provoked by someone tugging your shirt then an Anger Management trip is needed. Calling you a tosser or knicking your wallet, thats provocation.

i can see it now bakkies going to prison for assualt or gbh
a man tugged his shirt to ask him for directions worst move ever!

on another note if gear is a pro rugby player im sure he can catch the ball mabey he isnt fantastic under high ball but im sure the all blacks can aford to have one underpower catcher for his attacking brilliance
and about his workrate give him a kiwi jersey im sure he will play like he has never played before!

Ranger, I usually agree with most things you say but I have to disagree on the "guildfords not that fast".. I've played against him my entire rugby life, through the age grades and let me tell you, he is very fast. And I wouldn't put it passed him to be faster than Gear, he has got some real pace.

Although I think Gear should get the nod before Guildford...
I'm just saying, Guildford is really fast.

True story, back in 1999, Michael Jones and Jonah Lomu came to my Church in Taupo one Sunday, and both came back to my whare for lunch.

Springboks team announced: (http://www.voxy.co.nz/sport/springboks-team-named-play-nz/5/54920)

Zane Kirchner, Jean de Villiers, Jaque Fourie, Wynand Oliver, Bryan Habana, Morne Steyn, Ricky Januarie, Pierre Spies, Francois Louw, Schalk Burger, Victor Matfield, Danie Rossouw, CJ van der Linde, John Smit (captain), Gurthro Steenkamp.
Reserves: Chiliboy Ralepelle, BJ Botha, Andries Bekker, Ryan Kankowski, Ruan Pienaar, Butch James, Gio Aplon.

Surprised to see only two (enforced) changes.

AB's to be named in half an hour - if training formations are anything to go by there will likely be two changes to the AB team as well, with Weepu and Ranger coming in for the injured Cowan and Rococoko.

All Blacks team naming has been delayed until Thursday, to give Cowan and Rococoko a chance to recover from their injuries.

i think PDV has made the wrong decision leaving Olivier at 2nd 5 and JDV on the wing.. Olivier IMO doesn't deserve to be there, he should be on the bench and Aplon should be on the wing with JDV at 2nd 5.

All Blacks team naming has been delayed until Thursday, to give Cowan and Rococoko a chance to recover from their injuries.

damn i was looking forward to the squad

Ranger, I usually agree with most things you say but I have to disagree on the "guildfords not that fast".. I've played against him my entire rugby life, through the age grades and let me tell you, he is very fast. And I wouldn't put it passed him to be faster than Gear, he has got some real pace.

Although I think Gear should get the nod before Guildford...
I'm just saying, Guildford is really fast.

I played against him in an under 16 tournament once where he got player of the tournament. I know that he is good. Just not "make the All Blacks at 20 over Hosea Gear" good.
You have to put it in perspective when i say hes not that fast, he was comparing him to Doug Howlett. I know that Guildford has pace, but Howlett was an actual sprinter, he could have concentrated on sprinting and made that his career. Guildford does not have that kind of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts