• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CB Series

I think Australia may be going a bit far with their match throwing escapades. They should start winning again for a while.

7 for 132

looking like it is going to be out of australias hands, lee/bracken really have to give the strike to hodge, and he needs to hit out he is the last real batsman left.

i wouldnt mind it going to the third final really.

if england take another wicket i am going to bed its getting a bit late for me :) 1230 after all :)

thats it hodge is out, i am off to bed,

The Aussies are Leaving LOL

Rain has stopped play again

152 - 8

Aussies need to be 187 to win the game...

WOW- what an unbelievable upset! Great stuff from England, very good to know that the Aussies are human after all. I reckon a lot of teams might just draw some inspiration from this before the World Cup.

That said, it could also go the other way- while everyone was predicting the end of the Aussie test dynasty after the 2005 Ashes, the Aussies drew from that experience and only ended up drawing 1 test since, winning all the rest. They`ll still be WC favourites, but definately some of the other teams will have taken note.

Also, England are now looking decidedly better WC prospects, and with KP etc. returning, they might just be contenders. Amazing what a couple of weeks can do to a cricket team.

yeah well done england, i like aussie as a team but its always good to see them get beaten :)

Well done England

You only gotto turn up for 50 overs to win, unlike the TESTS

That being said the WC is winnable by anyone.

I like the windies paying $8.50, there is no point betting on australia at $2.00 when really a good 50 overs by anyone can beat anyone

England turned the tour around and got it right at the right time....aussies fielding went downhill, and bowling wasnt great

full credit to Plunkett, and Freddy for great bwoling frustrating the aussie batsmen

I still wonder why Shane Watson is playing - we have Clarke taking hatricks and 8-55 domestically, and unproven Watson - still unproven

Get ridd of Hogg, get Cameron White, and hope for Symonds to return

Was an enjoyable series nonetheless, and not a write-off as the victors were the underdogs

Is the Third Final going to be played as well???
[/b]

no i dont think it does

the draw always says "if required"

anyone that has bought a ticket, gets a refund

I always thought there'd be 2 finals but not in these circumstances that's for sure.

You'd have been certified insane 12 days ago if you said England would not only make the finals, but win it, and 2-zip...

You'd have been certified insane 12 days ago if you said England would not only make the finals, but win it, and 2-zip...
[/b]

You could be a very rich man now if you'd have put a decent bit of money on England.

Astounding stuff....great to see a bit of spirit at last. I could have handled losing The Ashes but 5-0 was pretty unforgivable. Nice to go into the World Cup on a high though.

Well a great comeback from England to take this series, especially as the were 200-1 to win in it at one point during the series. However I think it could be bad news as far as the world cup is concerned as Australia are gonna come back 10 times better (just as happened after the 2005 ashes loss) and will probably run away with it again.

Latest posts