• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 2 (Clermont, Bordeaux, Exeter, Ospreys)

Is he likely to want to play for England or is he stealable?

Capatained our u18s so presumably feels pretty English.
Wouldn't be eligible for Wales unless he continued playing there after he finished his degree (would become eligible his first season after) - considering the growing hype, and RFU interest, the regions will have to come with a sizeable offer to beat an English side.

Don't know where to put it :

Clermont's Viktor Kolelishvili has been suspended 14 weeks for pushing the ref, that video has been going viral for quite a while.
I'm fine with the suspension, but 14 weeks is really harsh....

http://epcrugby.com/news/32320.php#.Vp5Z7PFMZ4M

Ridiculous action does not merit an absolutely ridiculous penalty! Barnes warned him, penalized him and did the right thing!

If they want to give salutary sentences for disrespect to ref's lets see some for calling for the TMO, for shouting "Maul", for pointing back to the 22 when ball clearly bounced in play, and to every 9 that opens his mouth during a match!!!

If they want to give salutary sentences for disrespect to ref's lets see some for calling for the TMO, for shouting "Maul", for pointing back to the 22 when ball clearly bounced in play, and to every 9 that opens his mouth during a match!!!

+100....time for citing officers to toughen TF up. A couple of months of bans for unsporting behaviour would surely lead to a drop in play acting and angle shooting.

Having watched the video 14 weeks is very harsh but I believe it's the minimum suspension for this sort of thing? Not sure what the citing commissioner could really do. The law is suppose to be there to stop people being aggressive with a ref's decision. This case probably highlight for a lower minimum.

That said this does need to be dealt with and ban ensure this is important mainly for protection of lower level refs. I have a friend who is a lower tier football ref and he's been spat on before for someone disagreeing with him (yes the guy got banned for doing so). You have to stamp it out at this level to make sure something doesn't happen to guy just giving up his free time.

Victor also has a very poor disciplinary record, if he has a clean slate then he probably would have had it reduced based on that.

Victor also has a very poor disciplinary record, if he has a clean slate then he probably would have had it reduced based on that.
Well he had 24 minimum ban on this one raised by 2 weeks for his record then reduced to 14 weeks for
reducing the sanction by half of the entry point taking into account Kolelishvili's immediate apology to the referee, his subsequent remorse, guilty plea and good conduct at the hearing. He then imposed a suspension of 14 weeks.

It's not hard. Don't touch the referee ever.

I saw the incident and thought immediately that regardless of how well Barnes reffed that, the guy is getting a ban. Rightly so IMO. Whilst agreeing with others that there's a lot more to be dealt with physically pushing a referee? Idiocy and punished appropriately.

Like em or loathe em, without them there's no game and the principle of respect is a top down thing. I just wish Owens had the courage of his convictions to bin Michalak who was being a gigantic **** at the weekend.