• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup 15/16 - Rd 5 Pool 5 (Bath, Leinster, Toulon, Wasps)

Whoever was behind his conversion from loosehead prop to hooker deserves a pat on the back. James Tracy has been really impressive this season. I wonder what his progression will do for Bryan Byrne's future? Byrne is another impressive player but probably won't get enough game time. He's better off moving elsewhere to further his career as he's too good to be 4th/5th choice.

Yesterday was really pleasing. A lot of the younger and more inexperienced players stood up. Will Peter Dooley now be considered 3rd choice loosehead allowing Michael Bent shift back to 3 with Marty Moore moving on? Can Tadhg Furlong make the 3 shirt his own? Has Ross Molony forced himself into the 23 each week ahead of Tom Denton? Is Josh van der Flier pushing himself as Chris Henry's heir with Ireland? Is Luke McGrath now a viable every week starter? Is the outside centre spot now Garry Ringrose's?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Bath aren't a great team but I think we saw a new core of Leinster players emerge and show they belong at this level. The debutants are no longer up and coming players. They're now fully fledged first team squad members who should all push on.

Of the more experienced players, Mike McCarthy was top class again. He's playing out of his skin of late.

Most impressive was Tracy's throwing - best I have seen in a while!!

Joe Simpson ....... That was unbelievable

Edit: I've been watching this game for 15 minutes and Joe Simpson is my new man crush ..... For rugby skill only obviously

Last edited:
Best use of belly to give appearance of being on feet award

No no no, you've got it all wrong. His legs/feet ARE his belly.
He's got that Mr Wobbly Man from Noddy body type
1221461_140615145620_DSC_0276(3)_6.5cm.JPG

Mercenary scumbags that don't deserve to be where they are ......

Bath to beat Toulon next week ? Wasps to beat Leinster ?

Mourad Boudjellal to weep into his wallet ?

That's what dreams are made of

Last edited:
Ah that's such a shame. Great fight though Wasps. Still not an awful result in that place, but they should be rightly sickened

Hmmmm no I don't think Toulon can go the distance this year. Money is on Racing or Sarries. Sadly the bookies agree.

Hmmmm no I don't think Toulon can go the distance this year. Money is on Racing or Sarries. Sadly the bookies agree.

Yep I agree . Hopefully the French clubs go early so we can have a different winner . Preferably English obviously

I hope Toulon don't win it again.

Can't remember last time an English club won it. how many more years do you need?

Allez Toulon and they will not only have Halfpenny back for the final but next year too.........!!!

Latest posts