• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 2 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

Munster's first game in the 'new' European competition in Thomond, Munster win... simple as!

But there will be no teary eyed Saturday mists descending on the pashunate fortress with the stands reverberating from the fields of athenry*.

Instead it'll be a Friday night when the langer contingent cannot make it across to stab city on time in their traps**.

*located in Connacht

**no matter how hard they drive their horses - bet they wish they'd a honda civic or a sub-a-ru then.

But there will be no teary eyed Saturday mists descending on the pashunate fortress with the stands reverberating from the fields of athenry*.

Instead it'll be a Friday night when the langer contingent cannot make it across to stab city on time in their traps**.

*located in Connacht

**no matter how hard they drive their horses - bet they wish they'd a honda civic or a sub-a-ru then.
Somebody hasn't much logic.

Stabbings in Limerick in past 5 years - 36
Belfast last year - 197
Dublin in last year - 142

* So guess you'd know about stabbing a bit better in Ulster along with other political troubles resurfacing up that neck of woods.

Secondly half of the"Fields of Athenry" are located officially in Clare. (No that isn't reason to use song) But atleast learn some Geography or history on it.

Thirdly - The game is nearly sold out with plenty from Cork coming (A Friday HEC game never stopped them in past.)

And if you'd been to Thomond Park from Cork or anywhere really before you'd know you don't have to go near Limerick City central as there's a tunnel that brings you near to door of Thomond Park.

So from a province with alot worst history of violence, stabbing and domestic violence it's a bit cheap.
In Limerick it was gangs attacking gangs with the odd innocent person unfortunately caught up. In Ulster it was people such as Adams, Paisley and few others of respective parties inflicting murder on many innocent people.

The two teams lined up, there is not much between them. I think it will come down to which system works best instead of player power.
How much a loss will Brits be? I know it was unlikely he'd have started but is such a dynamic player and game changer.

Somebody hasn't much logic.

Them two chips must weigh heavily on your shoulders... and your sense of humour.

But, for future reference:
1. If people were dying in their droves as a result of stabbings like back in the day, I wouldn't be taking the **** out of it.
2. Athenry? The Athenry in the centre of Galway? So the surrounding fields of Athenry are half located in Clare?
3. Folks from the self-proclaimed "people's republic of Cork" deserve all the slagging they get, and then some more. I am referring to the N20, not any drive through Limerick.

Them two chips must weigh heavily on your shoulders... and your sense of humour.

But, for future reference:
1. If people were dying in their droves as a result of stabbings like back in the day, I wouldn't be taking the **** out of it.
2. Athenry? The Athenry in the centre of Galway? So the surrounding fields of Athenry are half located in Clare?
3. Folks from the self-proclaimed "people's republic of Cork" deserve all the slagging they get, and then some more. I am referring to the N20, not any drive through Limerick.

Yes the same Athenry that is 25miles from Galway city down near Loughrea and the same Fields the song is about that drift past Craughwell and by Gort and in to parts of Clare boundry. Correct again if you going to try be smart maybe learn some stuff. And thing is it's cheap to hear it because some people did suffere loss's here from being caught up in crime. But as I said it can hardly be slagged when compared to the awful sick torrid abuse regular people carried out up the North be it stabbings, petrol bombs, gun shots or physical and mental abuse suffered up there. But then again I won't comment much as I don't know complete facts. And as I said here it was gangs after gangs up in North it was targetting innocent victims. So maybe clean your own house before slaggingothers. ;)
And learn your roads ;) N20 stops at Patrickswell - becomes the M20 and before you can even see city your on M7. Which also goes around city so what exactly are you on about ??

So again if your trying to be smart learn facts.

Last edited:
How much a loss will Brits be? I know it was unlikely he'd have started but is such a dynamic player and game changer.
A massive loss honestly. He is the best hooker in the prem, over the last 3 years anyway. He might not be a massive loss now but in 6 months I could see him being massively missed in the QF (If we get there) and the latter stages.

A massive loss honestly. He is the best hooker in the prem, over the last 3 years anyway. He might not be a massive loss now but in 6 months I could see him being massively missed in the QF (If we get there) and the latter stages.

Agreed but he's a fabulous player. Very dynamic player with great ability to power through defenses.

*located in Connacht

Munnnnsshhhhterrrrr sayyyyyssshhh noooooooooo. Could be worse. Could be Glasgow.

Last edited:
Munnnnsshhhhterrrrr sayyyyyssshhh noooooooooo. Could be worse. Could be Glasgow.

Or Belfast per stats but I don't know enough to ridicule. But this isn't political forum its rugby.

Was just in Thomond as few players did light workout and must say field looks in immaculate condition.

Big E there's ALWAYS a tingle ;)

you remind me of a standup joke from Steven Wright (thx Rich Taff). *in a monotonous depressive tone* You know that feeling when you're sitting on a chair and you lean backwards and you feel like for a split second you're going to fall back ? That's the way I feel all the time..

Oh and for you impaaaatient little rascals out there, Clermont team announced tomorrow ! ;)

you remind me of a standup joke from Steven Wright (thx Rich Taff). *in a monotonous depressive tone* You know that feeling when you're sitting on a chair and you lean backwards and you feel like for a split second you're going to fall back ? That's the way I feel all the time..

Oh and for you impaaaatient little rascals out there, Clermont team announced tomorrow ! ;)

Ha but see your irreplaceable 1 of a kind collectors edition. No one can replicate what you feel ha.

1425682_924654070896726_7683848746379392432_n.jpg

Clermont have been rotating marvelously their XV's this season, on both fronts. Very intelligent and smooth. They'll pull some guys out of the lineup, and where you feel they'll be lacking a lot they've got guys with interesting profiles to try out. Young lock Loic Jacquet but with Cudmore. Young TH Clément Ric, but along with int'ls Domingo and Kayser with a solid TH Koetze off the bench. A mobile, athletic flanker Lapandry back in the rotation along with workhorse old-timer Bonnaire with Fritz Lee for power in the back row. Yes they've got a considerable budget that makes all this happen, but what a way to keep a strong XV every week with lots of changes but consistent results.
Anyways, now let's see what tune they'll be playing on Sunday. They need the bonus here, and they know it.

Team Mike Haley, Tom Brady, Jonny Leota, Sammy Tuitupou, Tom Arscott, Danny Cipriani, Will Cliff, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Marc Jones, Vadim Cobilas, Jonathan Mills, Michael Paterson, Magnus Lund, David Seymour, Mark Easter

Replacements Shalva Mamukashvili, Alberto de Marchi, Ross Harrison, Andrei Ostrikov, Dan Braid, Nathan Fowles, Joe Ford, Andy Forsyth

I know Bosch only takes the long kicks but, serious questiion, has anyone got his kicking stats?

Also can anyone tell me why we need a commentator, BOD AND Dallaglio..........are the first two not enough?!!

Don't mind dayglo.

Farrell looks like he's still struggling with that leg. he looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Goode should get cited for that if there's any consistency in application - clearly decides he's not going to compete for the ball and tackles the player in the air.

Team Mike Haley, Tom Brady, Jonny Leota, Sammy Tuitupou, Tom Arscott, Danny Cipriani, Will Cliff, Eifion Lewis-Roberts, Marc Jones, Vadim Cobilas, Jonathan Mills, Michael Paterson, Magnus Lund, David Seymour, Mark Easter

Replacements Shalva Mamukashvili, Alberto de Marchi, Ross Harrison, Andrei Ostrikov, Dan Braid, Nathan Fowles, Joe Ford, Andy Forsyth

Bit of a back row selection dilemma for Sale with Braid back. Seymour is your captain, but Lund has been on a good run of form as well. Surprised they are still going with such lightweight locks though, really depowers the set piece when you have two of them.

Don't know if it's just me but Sarries seemed to almost walk them back.

Farrell doesn't look happy. Might be the rain but he really looks way of the pace of the game.

Don't know if it's just me but Sarries seemed to almost walk them back.

Farrell doesn't look happy. Might be the rain but he really looks way of the pace of the game.
I think match fitness is around 80% but a few of his passes have been brilliant IMO

Latest posts