• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions Cup - Pool 1, Round 2 (Clermont, Munster, Sale, Saracens)

Munster looking a little ominous. They never looked like losing that, despite the relatively small lead.

Plus side, no serious knocks to England players! Now to pray through the Bath game!

Just over numbness and will write more after time. Awful game to watch. Glad Sarries player wasn't red carded as he held on and it was only yellow. In stadium Conways try seemed as obvious as any so don't know how it was ruled no try. Great physical battle where I thought Stander and POM stood up again. Killer and Cronin rotation is working nice too. Keats kicks were awful and I don't just mean off tea. The kick where Goode fumbled before it going out for lineout was type of kicks needed. Ones with bit of power. These floaters too long could've killed us. I thought ref was decent and I think Sarries actually failed to realise Strettle could've been a pain to us if he got better position. They over relied on Billy V. I also question their wisdom only flying in today and back home tonight. Surely that doesn't allow guys relax

Was Farrell as pants as social media leads me to believe?
Off the pace, really looked poor in some aspects of the game. Played on the line though and picked some lovely passes, linked with Barritt really well on attack.

Off the pace, really looked poor in some aspects of the game. Played on the line though and picked some lovely passes, linked with Barritt really well on attack.

I thought he did ok like he wasn't given an exceptional platform. Missed a howler of a kick though but I wouldn't slate him as I thought he was fine. Not a disgrace by any means.

What was the wind like? Keatley couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo out there!

Very small breeze in 1st half. Nothing to have any effect and there was nothing in 2nd. He was just poor kicking tonight. Outside Murray the backs were poor except Conway and Zebo who were very good.

well done Munster. Keeping Saracens to 3 points, that's damn good. Can only imagine how smothering they must've been. Vintage Munster. Will watch this soon.

Hey anybody know the song "Monster" from 'Meg and Dia' ?? that chorus is in my head every fkng time I read 'Munster' now. Pretty fkng annoying.."Muuuuuunst-aaarrrr".

His second half tactical kicking was outstanding but that was about all he offered.

As I said outside him was very much defending duties. It was only ever going to be tactical kicking. But Conway came to anew level tonight and Zebo again showed his defensive game has improved. Great sweeping and made nice tackles

Well played Munster we had it on Beinsport, great Pom and Stander, game itself a liitle tedious with far too much kicking but win ugly still counts and Sarries leave with a "If Only" Munster may not be at thier supreme best but they did show plenty of The Old Munster especially in defence where they were just magnificent. Sarries have great talent but Farrell was not commanding from 10 and on a whole they made too many mistakes, Hamilton never once did he get his hands dirty when he played for Montpellier, one of the most disappointing signings we ever have done, obviously a clash of caracters with the coaches but i knew that anyway!!!!

Well played Munster we had it on Beinsport, great Pom and Stander, game itself a liitle tedious with far too much kicking but win ugly still counts and Sarries leave with a "If Only" Munster may not be at thier supreme best but they did show plenty of The Old Munster especially in defence where they were just magnificent. Sarries have great talent but Farrell was not commanding from 10 and on a whole they made too many mistakes, Hamilton never once did he get his hands dirty when he played for Montpellier, one of the most disappointing signings we ever have done, obviously a clash of caracters with the coaches but i knew that anyway!!!!

We will get you over here yet my friend. A pint of the black stuff and a good steak is the order. We won dirty but sometimes you have to grind out these games and considering I was very worried before hand in very happy and relieved now.

How many points do you think will take to win this group ? I thought 16 might get it but now im guessing 19. I think Munster will win and we might get second but I doubt it will be enough to get through.

How many points do you think will take to win this group ? I thought 16 might get it but now im guessing 19. I think Munster will win and we might get second but I doubt it will be enough to get through.

Still hard to say like so many scenarios. We still have to go to France and London.
Ye still need to visit Clermont and they could easily win here in Limerick. Also I expect Sale will shock someone.
But I'm thinking 19/20 points. Loosing BPs and other BPs are going to be vital.

not a knock on Sharks fans, but reading the past few messages, just how the fk does Sale feel about all this :lol: ?!!! Even top of the Top 14 ASM Clermont sounds like the team that's not going to make it out of the main 3 while any of the other two could easily stay in the pools too, and then there's poor Sale !

not a knock on Sharks fans, but reading the past few messages, just how the fk does Sale feel about all this :lol: ?!!! Even top of the Top 14 ASM Clermont sounds like the team that's not going to make it out of the main 3 while any of the other two could easily stay in the pools too, and then there's poor Sale !

I'm convinced Sale WILL win games. Just hope it's not in Thomond Park. When it comes to Europe domestic form goes out the door

Premiership is more important - we, realistically, never had a chance of getting out of the group. If we can put in good performances in Europe to build form going back into the Premiership then that's ideal, results aren't massively important.

Was Farrell as pants as social media leads me to believe?

No.

He made a couple of mistakes and did look off the pace, but he brought it to the line and picked his runners will.

Barritt also did a lot of passing on/around the gain line...

Latest posts