• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Do the northern hemisphere teams have any advantages?

How can you rather have S.Williams over J.Robinson (someone who by both the NH and SH is regarded as one of the best players of all time)?

How can you rather have S.Williams over J.Robinson (someone who by both the NH and SH is regarded as one of the best players of all time)?

They're quite similar types of players, both quite small and fast and can create something out of nothing. Naturally I'm gonna pick Shane over Robinson any day though :p

Swings and roundabouts, they were both absolutely superb at their prime

Think it comes down to who you prefer - as an England and Sale fan I'd choose Robinson, but that's not to say Shane isn't as good

Though Robinson was better ;)

Ireland will win simples. Ergo NH teams have an advantage.:D J.W. even thinking Greenwood was better than BO'D means there's a special place in hell reseved for you.

Who ever said the SH don't rate Williams class player. Watched the 03 match vs N.Z. the other day pure class.

I'm gonna stick my oar in here and argue that the French backs as a group have as much class as the Australian, South African or New Zealand backs. I really do believe that. This said, there's no doubt that Australia and New Zealand have one up on France big-time at 10, and South Africa and Australia have better 9's too. Overall, more game-changing half-backs. But out wide and in midfield France lack absolutely nothing. And, alone amongst the NH sides, France have shown they can beat anyone, anywhere. That's more than I can say for England. If France play to their best, they will beat us probably, and I reckon if they do that they can make it to the final.

These threads always make me laugh.

maxime-medard-avec-l-equipe-de-france.jpg

Side burns like this demand a certain amount of respect.

Ireland will win simples. Ergo NH teams have an advantage.:D J.W. even thinking Greenwood was better than BO'D means there's a special place in hell reseved for you.

Who ever said the SH don't rate Williams class player. Watched the 03 match vs N.Z. the other day pure class.

Who held the Worldcup and won it ;P. Nah I was just trolling the troll ;). Altough I wouldn't rate BO'D over Greenwood I wouldn't say Greenwood was better.

I know Williams is a class player and that the SH know that, I just think that Robinson was that little bit better. Just that amazing turn of pace and the way that every time he got the ball he could just ignite something and that sidestep :p. I just haven't got that feeling with Williams.

I dont see any team up there a threat to us (NZ) except for England

Jerome Kaino
In all fairness no player in the world has had quite as big an impact on his teams season as SOB ...he was unbelieveable ...and everyone laughed at me when I joined here in early 2010 when I said SOB was / would be a starter for Ireland and better than Ferris... OH how the mighty have remained mighty :p

The NH sides don't have pressure on them, they will be underdogs and this tag can work in your favour.

The NH sides don't have pressure on them, they will be underdogs and this tag can work in your favour.
Yeah, that's one benefit of being Irish. There's only 4.3 million of us and 6.1 or so including the north I think. If we do well it's great. If we don't, it's not the end of the world, or much of a surprise considering our recent form. But then there's team pressure and individual pressure. Some individuals might put pressure on themselves as they want to make a name for themselves, or help advance their club careers.

Not hating on the NH teams but I'm predicting some big scores against them (Ireland and Scotland in perticulair)

Not hating on the NH teams but I'm predicting some big scores against them (Ireland and Scotland in particular)

Not hating on SH teams but I'm predicting some might choke - NZ in particular hehe! :)

Latest posts