• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2008

It might be cut-scenes that are taking up a lot of space on the Blu-Ray disc with MGS4, but please answer more specifically how Microsoft will fit nearly 50gb's of data onto one DVD-9 which can hold 9.7gb's?
[/b]
Make the plot more concise by trimming all the useless fat that doesn't add as much to the story. If the Blu Ray is almost filled you can assume either a huge graphical advance was made (not likely) or the game has hours and hours of un-needed cut scenes. Simple really, people want to play not watch hours and hours of dialogue.

It's the same reason movies are edited, a 2 hour movie can often be better then a 3 hour movie because the film-maker actually got to the crux of the matter instead of adding scenes like the character picking up milk or whatever.

I hear that the variations in all the background environments us very different elements per level, which in other games tend to duplicate some data. This is one of the reasons too from what I know.

I hear that the variations in all the background environments us very different elements per level, which in other games tend to duplicate some data. This is one of the reasons too from what I know.[/b]
So a bloke in the distance will be wearing a hat or have a scar that a guy in a earlier level won't have? :)

Oh god :D How do I explain different texture models, different interactive environments and many other things when I'm wasting my effort anyway? :)

Not that im one to fan the flames or anything, but...

MGS4 is split into five acts. Making it nice and easy to cut into episodic style DVD's. And it wouldnt be the first 360 game to come on multiple DVD's (Blue Dragon - 3 discs, Lost Odysee - 4 discs).

Five acts. Five discs. 50Gb. Well, close enough.

This is all conjecture anyways. I dont know what Konami's plans are. The safe money would be on a Substance/Subsistence style re-release on multiple platforms. I'm merely playing Devil's Advocate, because its a role I love so much.

That gameplayer article does misconstrue the headline, but its contents are accurate. Square Enix wont start work on the 360 version till the PS3 version is complete, but the port will happen while the game is being localised, so that both versions are released simultaneously. So, as somebody else pointed out, if the game doesnt come out till 2010, itll be for both platforms. As a Square Enix PR dude said for the reasons of the port: "It reflects the current market position. In previous generations, there was one dominant console, but this generation it is much more even."

Perhaps people should take it like that. Just games that everybody can appreciate regardless of their choice of console. No need for big wars to try and prove that their console is the "right one".

Lets just leave the big fanboy wars to tales of Sega vs Nintendo that we can tell our grandchildren as we dispense with toffee sweets.

Talk about f***ing optimistic.

I've no problem with anything Zonerunner said. Most likely the situation will play out like that I suppose.

End of the day, there's a lot of time between now and a FFXIII release. I think we'll be talking an almost level playing field by then.

I'm certainly not in denial that Sony are playing catch-up, but I think they are doing well enough and certainly aren't dying as many fanboy shrieks have held. Fanboy's who say such things should leave that kind of "premature release" for their personal lives!

Latest posts