• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2008

What was wrong with Sonic and Knuckles?

*apart from being a very poor excuse to charge £80 for an extended version of Sonic 3...*

What was wrong with Sonic and Knuckles?

*apart from being a very poor excuse to charge £80 for an extended version of Sonic 3...*
[/b]
Well I was going to say Sonic and Knuckles, although yeh, it's basically Sonic 3 with Knuckles as a playable character.

Another spin off that many fans dissed was Sonic 3d on megadrive but I quite liked it. Ah thank god for emulation (note to mods: Emulation is legal, Roms are illegal) of course i only play 'back up' games *rolls eyes*

Another spin off that many fans dissed was Sonic 3d on megadrive but I quite liked it.[/b]
Yeh, I never understood the hate for that game. I remember trying to play it on the PC, which was frustratingly hard with a Joystick. :angry: But it's far better than any of the current 3D Sonic games.

Darkman X, your signature pic has got be totally obsessed with Jesikah Maximus.

Oh my God. WHAT AN ASS!!!!!! I LOVE that woman. :D

Penny Arcade right on the money as usual with their E3 coverage:

20080716.jpg

Now, guess which presentation is the Sony presentation? :lol:

ROFL @ Nintendo's picture. The illustration of Reggie really fits the attitude they show to "TEH HARDCORE" gamers.

If I could go back to university, the first thing I'd get for my halls of residence digs would be a Wii and a fistful of sterling to buy Mariokart 64 to play on the 'virtual console' feature as well as the modern Wii equivelent.

I don't think anyone would understand the number of weeks me and my flatmates wasted at University playing Mariokart.

I am convinced Reggie really is the hardest mofo ever to reach a position of prominence in a video game related business. In a fist fight, he could probably take down both Microsoft and Sony at the same time. That dude's mafia.

Nintendo however are not. Sega are. Duh.

Couple more E3 tidbits:
  • Samba de Amiga to have DLC on Day 1; Unlockable Sega characters and stages
    Downloadable songs will be available for the Wii ***le at launch though no price was announced (for the record, the DLC for the Dreamcast version was free). Also, evidentally inspired by Sega Superstars Tennis, it seems other Sega franchises will be joining in the maraca shaking fun, although only Sonic and Green Hill Zone are currently confirmed.
  • Grin Wanted for new game
    So theres going to be a game about that movie Wanted? Never watched it. Never really intrigued me to be fair. Still, Grin are doing it. Their only released ***les so far are the PC ports of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (remember when it was consoles which got ports?), though they are currently working on reviving the Bionic Commando franchise with a retail 3D ***le and a soon to be released 2.5D remake of the NES original.
  • PS3 Bioshocked to get exclusive DLC
    The PS3 version of Bioshock will get new DLC in the form of Challenge Rooms - requiring unique uses of the plasmids in more puzzle-orientated rooms that has more than a little whiff of Portal. The levels are being designed by a small team from the original Bioshock dev team (the PS3 port is being handled by Digital Extremes).
And finally: Mega Man 9 intro!

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="392"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=36517"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=36517" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="392"></embed> </object>

8-bit Chun Li ftw.

Also: Mario Kart SNES is the definitive version. No exception.

'locksley' date='Jul 17 2008, 08:07 AM' post='334538'] Darkman X, your signature pic has got be totally obsessed with Jesikah Maximus.

Oh my God. WHAT AN ASS!!!!!! I LOVE that woman. :D

[/b]
Yea man shes hot
Eye.jpg

1237.jpg

67768907@N00.jpg

HER
chef-salad-s_4.jpg

Sir. Speedy' date='Jul 17 2008, 09:16 AM' post='334566']
Also: Mario Kart SNES is the definitive version. No exception.
[/b]
Ugh, never played it, but Mario Kart 64 is the ****! /universe. [/b]

Ive never played as much multiplayer as I did with mk64 and golden eye both of those games are awesome.

I also preferred Perfect Dark to Goldeneye, but either made for an excellent multiplayer addition.

E3 officially ends today, but we've still got some stuff for you:
  • "We're making Pikmin" - Miyamoto
    After a long rant about what core gaming is, talking about Pikmin teams and Zelda teams and what have you, he came out with those particular words, word for word. The Wave Race franchise however seems to have effectively been replaced by the Wii Sports Resort's minigame in Nintendo's eyes.
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty on disc in Europe
    Rather unusually, David Reeves (head of Sony's European division) has confirmed that the new PSN Ratchet ***le will also be available on Blu Ray in addition to PSN download options, making it the only territory to do so.
  • PS3 Platinum Range
    Slightly different from the US list predictably. Resistance: Fall of Man, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Ratchet & Clank, Virtua Tennis 3, Assassin's Creed, Smackdown 2008 "to follow in September". 1st August at £19.99. Which is a marginal improvements over Microsoft's Classics range at £24.99.
  • No PS3 price-cut for Europe
    The 80Gb model will replace the 40Gb model later this year but "We have very, very few 40GBs, especially in the UK market, and we'll be out of stock probably by the time we launch on August 27th the 80GB." Well, one wont be by me when you continue to make arrogant statements like that.
  • "Next-gen" Singstar at Leipzig
    I suppose, considering Lips looks like an identical clone, you might want to create something to differentiate the two...
  • PSP hard drives increasingly likely; may include trophy support
    When asked about hard drives for PSP, Jack Tretton (head of Sony's International development studios) said "I think that's the trend moving forward". Also, Buzz! Master Quiz producer Emerson Escobar may have unintentionally revealed plans for trophy support on the PSP platform - "We've also implemented a trophy system. Let's say you answer a question within one second, you get a lightning finger trophy". When asked directly about PSP Trophies, Escobar grinned, laughed sheepishly and said to "check back with us later". Whoops.
  • Existing themes will work on new 360 dashboard
    Want to know how they'll look? Get a load of this.

Thanks for translating Sony's presentation, all I heard was what was said on the third panel of Penny Arcade's E3 strip :D

It's all well and good saying "we're 'making' these ***les", but we want pictures. For all we know they could be released in 2012 - and the World's ending that year apparantly, so it's slightly inconvenient.

Latest posts