• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

E3 2008

Right, first up tonight was Nintendo's E3 conference. Here's the big stuff:
  • Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii) in 2008
    Yup, everybody expected it. New city area, take pictures to send to Wii Message Board, mobile phones, PC's. Nintendo are usually known for keeping their big stuff secret, but I think everybody would have been more surprised had this not been announced...
  • WiiSpeak
    To along with Animal Crossing is a device called WiiSpeak. Basically its a microphone that sits on top of your sensor bar. Revolutionary.
  • Shaun White Snowboarding exclusive to Wii
    I thought this was headed to next-gen consoles too? Wasnt it at Ubidays just a few weeks back? Huh.
  • Guitar Hero: On Tour Decades for DS in Autumn
    On Tour players will be able to share their songs with Decades players and vice versa. Presumably only during multiplayer. Hasnt the first one only just come out?
  • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on DS this Winter
    Set in modern day Liberty City with new characters. Like GTA IV presumably. Alright, this one was unexpected...
  • Wii MotionPlus
    Small attachment to the bottom of the Wii remote, "renders every slight shift of your wrist or arm into the gameplay". Wanking minigame confirmed?
  • Wii Sports Resort
    Yup, Wii Sports 2. "Literally a day on the beach". Comes with MotionPlus included. Dog Disc (frisbee throwing with a dog catching it), Jetskis, Sword Fighting (I do that at the beach all the time...) games confirmed. A game that was also largely expected. Global release next spring.
  • Wii Music
    Long rumoured, now confirmed. Due "this holiday", which is American speak for Christmas. "Over 50 instruments" confirmed. They apparently played a song from F-Zero but i'll be damned if I could recognize that jumbled mess. Using the Wii Balance Board an entire drumkit can be emulated, complete with tutorials, turning it into an effective drumkit simulator. I think they also confirmed the conductor mode from two years back? Ended with Super Mario overworld theme. I recognised that! Mostly.
So there you go. Remember, Sony's conference is in a bit. Then maybe I can finally, y'know, play a game...

C is for Crap
R is for Rubbish
A is for Annoying
P is for Poor.

Unless Shigeru Miyamoto invades Sony's conference screaming, "Hold it! We've got one more game to show..." *cue Zelda/Pikimin/new ip* then Nintendo has failed game-wise once again.

Sony's conference will begin shortly. I'm still clinging onto the hope that Nintendo will invade the stage with teh awesome. :wah:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, GTA DS!

(I think Zonerunner deserves a touch of the old +REP for these reports, by the way.)

(I think Zonerunner deserves a touch of the old +REP for these reports, by the way.)
[/b]
How good Sony's conference is determines whether I give him a +rep or not. :p

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
How good Sony's conference is determines whether I give him a +rep or not. :p [/b][/quote]

I'm just watching Sony's conference now. Resistance 2 looks every bit a scripted and **** as Resistance. Massive "Cloverfield" monster invades city while you run around with guns, on linear paths created to look anything but linear. Garbage.

Little Big Planet's on now.....

LBP looks great, and I thought Resistance looked pretty good aswell.
Shame Half Life shits all over any other FPS.
EDIT: I love how they cleverly showed their sales by creating a level on LBP. :D Shame they're talking about PS2 now. :rolleyes:

Sony has just announced Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty which will be available of download on the psn network for $14.99 and PAIN: Amusement Park. Also Siren Blood Curse looks pretty awesome.

GOD OF WAR 3 announced!!!!And a game called MAG (Massive Action Game). It truly is massive as it supports 256 players online in the same game :eek:

Right, you ******** have reported most of this already (thanks a lot guys), but ive spent the last hour and a half typing this, so you're stuck with my Sony conference details. Gits.
  • Greatest Hits range confirmed
    Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night, Need for Speed Carbon, Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden Sigma. No confirmed release date. $30 price tag.
  • Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
    Playstation Network sequel to the original PS3 ***le. Available this summer. $15.
  • Other Playstation Network ***les
    Also confirmed - Crash Commando (2D shooter), Fat Princess (top-down shooter/slasher in colourful graphics), Pixeljunk Eden, PAIN Amusement Park, flOwer, Siren Blood Curse, Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic (sequel to that Steam game nobody played?).
  • Gran Turismo TV
    Video footage of behind the scenes of making actual cars, reviews of new cars, episodes of Top Gear. Pay-per-view content. Available August 1st via Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
  • Playstation Video Download
    Think Xbox Live's movie download service except content will be transferrable from PS3 to PSP. Anime gets its own section on the main store interface - intriguing! Progressive download system means you can start watching "within a minute of purchase". You can purchase and rent movies, as opposed to Microsoft's rental only service for movies and purchase only for TV programmes. Available from today.
  • Resistance: Retribution for PSP
    Like Killzone: Liberation for PSP? Looks like a third person shooter, which as we know, really work well on the PSP's limited control setup. Spring 2009.
  • PSP ***les announced
    LocoRoco 2 and Patapon 2 confirmed. About bloody time. Also a Super Stardust ***le. It's like all the PSN hits make it to PSP eventually at some point or something.
  • Valkyria Chronicles shown during PSP video
    WTF? Thats a PS3 ***le, isnt it?
  • 80Gb PS3 to replace 40Gb PS3 at same price in September
    JUST GIVE US A PRICE CUT DAMMIT. PS2 support still seems to be cut too.
  • MAG - Massive Action Game
    Sounds like some sort of MMO action ***le. 256 player battles, split into 8 player squads. Sounds like a lag-fest. From Zipper Interactive, the guys who do the SOCOM ***les. If its a retail ***le, its the only one that was actually announced today. Unless God of War III hadnt been announced before. It was so expected its honestly hard to recall.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? No price cut? Well stop jabbering and get one, make a new version!

bondwii.gif

Brilliant, sums up Nintendo's crappy conference. :angry:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY ****

GTA for DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn sony must be losing a lot of cash to not try keep FF as an exclusive.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY ****

GTA for DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn sony must be losing a lot of cash to not try keep FF as an exclusive.
[/b]
Square Enix: Sorry guys, if you can't put the money where your mouth is then I'm afraid we'll have to accept Microsoft's hefty offer

Sony: Ok, we'll give you $1,000,000,000! *while on their knee's and sobbing* Just let us keep the damn game!

*The door bursts open and smoke shoots into the room*

Unknown voice: Hold it just one cotton-picking second! *The figure reveals itself to be Microsoft* Don't we get a say?

Sony:

omg-wtf.jpg

No! It can't be!

Microsoft: It can be! I'm here, aren't I?! Square, screw their offer! We'll give you $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 *six hours later* ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 if you develop the game for 360!

Square Enix:

Gasp.jpg

It's a deal!

Sony: Bu' bu' bu'...waaaiit! If you give us exclusivity we'll give you the previous offer and...wait for it:

drumroll.jpg

a free copy of Resistance: Fall of Man!

Microsoft:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Square Enix:

polar-bear-face-palm_thumbnail.jpg

Sony:

riker-facepalm.jpg

God we suck.

Uhm, yeh. I thought that despite that, their conference went pretty well.

When they asked if FFXIII has any plans for a PC appearance, he gave a long *sigh* and said that it is still to be decided...

OMFG that means they are considering it... That would be the best news ever. EVER!

Is Metal Gear Solid & Resistance their only major exclusives? [/b]

Those, Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet. L.B.P. being the only one I have a mild interest in.

<div class='quotemain'> Is Metal Gear Solid & Resistance their only major exclusives? [/b]

Those, Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet. L.B.P. being the only one I have a mild interest in.
[/b][/quote]

Oh yeah Killzone too? Man I need to catch withese new consoles. I thought sony would let go of metal gear solid before Final Fantasy.

From what I've heard about Killzone, don't get your hopes up. They remade the FMV sequence of the landings using the game engine and it was pig ugly.

Combine that with the control problems of the 1st game and a Halo/COD4 killer it will not be.

Latest posts