• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Not really sure how you came to that conclusion, multiple times Ford has mixed it up. Consistently the biggest thing that has prevented Ford from playing more heads up rugby is Jones ridiculous rigid gameplan and having Farrell outside him at 12, who would often butcher an overlap if Ford passed him the ball to pass it on. When Ford had Youngs at 9 and Farrell at 12, it massively hindered his ability to play on the fly as all the time was taken away from him and any options that would require going through Farrell would often not be executed once the ball got to Farrell.
Watch him for Sarries and he seems to trust the players around him. Ford always seems to panic ubder pressure

Can't we make a set out suitably offensive or silly songs to replace it tailored to each of the other nations?

SA - Never met a nice south african
NZ - Safety dance (when doing the haka)
Aus - Breaking the law
Wales - Baa baa black sheep
Ireland - The potatoes song mix from LOTR
Scotland - The drunk Scotsman
France - Bonjour monsieur

Sorted, now everyone can be suitably offended.

Sounds like Sinckler is injured (post on Instagram about how his season has ended now)

Stuart starting this summer is not a pretty prospect, but will be good to see Heyes get some time (presumably 60-90seconds off the bench) and see who EJ sees as his next in line

Yeah. I just saw that too.

He might only be referring to being unavailable for Bristol's last fixture, but I suspect it will be Stuart and Heyes in the 3/18 shirts in Australia.

While I wouldn't laugh off a recall for Cole, I also don't think it's the right thing to do, purely because it's a step backwards.

If Stuart is genuinely second choice, this could be the opportunity he needs to show he's there on merit rather than by default. I think he is a good player, but he needs to start showing it.

I like Heyes so no issue with him getting more game time but I'd also take a serious look at Will Collier. He's not flashy but he's an excellent scrummaging prop who'll work hard.

Beyond that, it's really slim pickings. Street and Harper were the main hopes, but through a combination of injury and competition (in Street's case), neither has really started to fulfil their potential. A good run of games next season could easily change that though.

I don't rate Williams, Hill, Painter or any of the other options TBH.

Latest posts