• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Manu made himself unavailable for selection this summer, having a (supposedly) optional surgery to try and see him through to the world cup

I'm all in on the Smith/Farrell/Marchant hype train
Feel for Manu on a personal level, but totally predictable.

Apart from 2019 when he somehow managed 13 appearances he has only played 6 times under Jones which is an amazing stat, but one which tells you all you need to know.

And how many of them were 80mins? At least one of them (SA in the AIs) was about 5!

Manu made himself unavailable for selection this summer, having a (supposedly) optional surgery to try and see him through to the world cup

I'm all in on the Smith/Farrell/Marchant hype train

Would surely be the smallest England three quarter line in a while?

I know Newcastle have not had a good season but surely if Eddie Jones was a good coach he would be able to see that Radwan has something special and is easily in the top 4 wingers in England.

I know Newcastle have not had a good season but surely if Eddie Jones was a good coach he would be able to see that Radwan has something special and is easily in the top 4 wingers in England.
Radwan does have some special aspects to his game, but he also has some weak ones. I like him, but I can also see why there are some question marks and I don't think he's 'easily in the top 4 wingers in England'. If he is, it's just about, not 'easily'.

Thorley looked quite good yesterday. Not just ball in hand but working hard chasing kicks. Sarries B granted but hopefully he's relocating his mojo.

If Nowell's injured we could always do with another wing in the back row.

Isn't it normally announced the weekend after the play off semis?

Isn't it normally announced the weekend after the play off semis?
Isnt England vs Barbarians game on the 19th June so straight after the final meaning many players will be missing? I thought theyd have a squad before the semi's then add players in after? Surely theyll have more than 1 week of training?

If Tigers and Sarries get to the final i really hope Arendall gets a chance to start at 15,

What would the squad even look like without the top 4 teams thinking about it?

Yeah, will probably be a squad for the Barbarians game with others added in later.

Minus the top 4, I'd go for (assuming we're going full strength?):

1. B. Rodd / B. Obano
2. G. McGuigan/ J. Blamire
3. W. Stuart / B. Alo
4. S. Robinson / E. Richards
5. J. Launchbury (c) / F. Clarke
6. T. Hill / T. Pearson
7. S. Underhill / J. Willis
8. A. Barbeary / T. Willis
9. H. Randall / B. Spencer
10. F. Smith / O. Bailey
11. O. Hassell-Collins / J. Cokanasiga
12. M. Atkinson / M. Ojomoh
13. W. Joseph / S. Spink
14. A. Radwan / J. Nowell
15. H. Arundell

Unlucky to miss out: Schonert, Ludlow, Harding, Thorley

Very tough picking locks and centres without the top 4. The players in Italics are the ones I'd only expect to be around for the Barbarians game.

You've picked a class act at 4 BPM..Sean Robinson should have been capped years ago.

Latest posts